2008 Brazilian Formula 1 Grand Prix ? Title Decider

It's already Monday afternoon but still I can't quite believe what happened.

I mean, can it get more exciting than this? This was just epic, no words for it.

Hamilton undoubtedly deserved the world title based on his performance in his two seasons in F1.

Massa had a very strong season too, he has improved a lot in the last couple of years. I felt very sorry for him, such a cruel way to lose the title.

And Aston Martin, this is the photo you were looking for:

sunpic24.jpg

'The Times' lied to me. :(

Cheers. :mrgreen:

sunpic25.jpg

That's my favourite picture. I don't think we'll ever see a podium more gothic than that one. Dark clouds, heavy rain, flashes of thunder and three guys with nothing to cheer about.

Hitting the nail on the head!

Does anybody know where to find a HQ Video of the last lap?

Anyone got a video of the outlap after the race including Lewis' pit radio at the end...the ITV coverage was talking to Anthouny at that point, so I didn't hear it...

Anyone else get a kick out of the parc ferme celebrations taking place only a foot or two from a rapidly-burning honda? :D

Everyone just seemed to be ignoring it and watching lewis fail to put his steering wheel in, lol.

^^Lol, at that point I was so used to screaming at the TV I was yelling "YOU STUPID WHEEL, JUST FIT IN THE CAR ALREADY"

I'm a bit suprised about the bickering here. Is that normal?

Anyhow, great season for both. I am looking forward to the next season. Maybe Massa will be the one who gets the title. He surely seems like a nice chap. I wouln't begrudge that one bit.

More noteworthy this season was how badly both of their teammates performed. A bit shocking really.

sunpic25.jpg

That's my favourite picture. I don't think we'll ever see a podium more gothic than that one. Dark clouds, heavy rain, flashes of thunder and three guys with nothing to cheer about.

I agree. That was "Interlagos' soul upset" as some here are saying... He, drowning in tears, still carried out the podium ceremony very professionaly. And thanked the stared crowd, who went there to see a miracle, saw it and 38s later it all went down again. Next year, big changes in F1. It's impossible to know how everything will be, even Honda could win something... So, bring on '09!

Everybody there knew that he deserved the Championship.

Please explain in more detail, as far as i know its not the "Fia world drivers championship of the winner of the brasil GP", right?

This has to be the best season I have seen so far. So close, those last few laps were the most nerve racking I have ever seen. While I am crushed that Massa lost, it was a great season and Hamilton is just as deserving of the championship as Massa.

What I really cant wait for is Vettle getting into a good car. If he ever gets in a Ferrari, we could have the next Schumacher.

Freely translated from a well known Brazilian journalist's blog:

http://colunistas.ig.com.br/flaviogomes/

"... as soon as he (Button) stopped in the Closed Park (the photo, spectacular, is from Carsten Horst).

Jenson got frightened, because there were no fire extinguishers there and the firefighters were very far. He left in a hurry towards the pits and in the middle of the way found his father John Button (...) Old Button , noticing his son's despair, got in front of him and made him stop, put his hands on Jenson's shoulders and said: "Let that shit burn!" "

1338008.jpg

:lol: