2008 Brazilian Formula 1 Grand Prix ? Title Decider

Devon

Car(s)
2008 MY09 Subaru Impreza RX
Welcome to the 2008 Brazilian Formula 1 Grand Prix, Round 18 at Interlagos in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

After 17 races, it all comes down to Brazil where McLaren?s Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari?s Felipe Massa will be fighting it out for the World Drivers Championship.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/21/610x.jpg

For Lewis Hamilton (94 pts) to win he needs to finish in the Top 5 if Felipe Massa (87 pts) wins the race. Therefore Massa will almost certainly need to win and hope Hamilton has some bad luck and finishes out of the top 5.

If both drivers happen to finish on equal points then Lewis Hamilton will win the championship on count back of most victories for the season. Currently Lewis has 6 race wins, Massa has 4 race wins.

Here are the final questions for 2008:

1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?
2) Which three drivers will be on the podium?
3) Who will win the Drivers Championship?
4) Do McLaren have a realistic chance of winning the Constructors Championship?
5) What has been your highlight of the 2008 season?
6) What has been your lowlight of the 2008 season?
7) What are you most looking forward to about the 2009 season?

Thank you to everyone for allowing me to post these threads in the absence of HondaF1. Thanks also to vikiradTG2007 for doing the Canadian GP thread. I?ve enjoyed doing them and would be more then happy to continue doing them in 2009 if HondaF1 doesn?t return.

The race starts at 3:00pm local time on the 02nd November.

Until then, let the discussions begin!!

Last edited:
Pole:Raikonnen Win: Massa
Massa, Hamilton, Piquet :)
Lewis Hamilton
They do, but i dont expect to see it
Back to back ferrari engine failures! Nothing is more beautiful than a red car on fire.
Hearing about how they are going to ruin the sport, piquet sucking
The final year of the true formula one. RIP 1950-2009

Pole: Raikonnen Win: Massa
Massa, Raikonnen, Kubica
Hamilton
Yes
Not much really but Monza and Silverstone races looked good so probably hamilton in the wet )
Inconsistent penalties.
KERS

BTW, Massa has 5 wins and so does Lewis so equal points hands the WDC to Massa.

Last edited:
Most importantly, wasnt hamilton promised some kind of super-rare Mclaren f1 if he won the WDC? Or did i imagine that?

1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race? Both for Massas
2) Which three drivers will be on the podium? Massa, Hamiltion, Kubica
3) Who will win the Drivers Championship? Lewis. It would take a spectacular stroke of bad luck for him to lose it. Maybe more electronics issues :shifty:
4) Do McLaren have a realistic chance of winning the Constructors Championship? A possibility, but it looks to be Ferrari's title.
5) What has been your highlight of the 2008 season? Kovalainen, Vettel, and especially Kubica scoring their first victories, as well as Renault's return to the top of the podium.
6) What has been your lowlight of the 2008 season? The idiotic penalties given out by the FIA. Actually, the FIA in general.
7) What are you most looking forward to about the 2009 season? The return of slicks, the new aerodynamics regulations, KERS, and those budget caps. Hopefully, we see some decent racing again. Anyone for seeing a Red Bull or a Honda on the podium? Also, Kubica wins the 2009 championship. You heard it here first...

Pole:Massa Win: Massa It's Interlagos... only chance of this not happening is a mechanical failure
Massa, Alonso, Kimi
Felipe Massa
They do, but i dont expect to see it
The duel Massa x Kubica in the rain
Valencia circuit...
Slicks!!!!!

And with the answers a bit more clear cut than they've been all season, I'm going to throw my thoughts in this time...

Pole: in Q3 Kimi will tell the team to sod off, put no fuel in his car, and go for glory. He will then run out of fuel on the first lap. Massa always wins in Brazil.

Massa, Lewis, and Adrian Sutil. Oh, wait a minute, that's not right.

Lewis - there won't be a repeat of last year's cock-up.

No - they're too far behind, and relying on Heikki to make up the extra points isn't going to make it happen.

Every single second of the Italian Grand Prix.

Everything the FIA stuck their noses into, which includes seeing 22 and 23 on the McMercs as a constant reminder of last year.

Honda's storming recovery; losing the twitchy aerodynamics that ruined the RA107 and RA108, plus the introduction of KERS which Honda should be better at than everyone else (although maybe equal with Toyota), plus the RA109 has been in development longer than any other car on next year's grid, and Ross Brawn has been involved in it... actually, when was the last time car 18 won a race? (19's more obvious, because that was Michael Schumacher at Benetton in 1992...)
Yes, I can dream. But I have to. I have a Honda parked on my drive and my brother has a Renault. I don't want him getting too smug about their recent resurgence.

And completely off topic, while checking who had car 19 from 1993-96, I came across this on grandprix.com's report of the 1996 Australian Grand Prix:

"Albert Park was formerly a swamp and rubbish dump, public park, home of the Australian Grand Prix in the 1950s and battlefield of the shrub-cuddling eco-loonies against corporate Australia."

"Shrub-cuddling eco-loonies". That's the kind of way with words I like.

Last edited:
BTW, Massa has 5 wins and so does Lewis so equal points hands the WDC to Massa.

It is 6 (Lewis) - 4 (Massa).

Lewis has won Australia, Monaco, British, German, Belgium and China GPs.

Massa has won Bahrain, Turkey, France, Valencia and (Belgium) GPs.

Edit - Actually it is 5 - 5, I was including Hamilton's Belgium GP victory which was stripped from him and given to Massa.

Last edited:
Pole: Massa, Win: Raikkonnen

Raikkonnen, Hamilton, Massa

Hamilton

They have a mathematical, therefore, realistic chance, however, Ferrari have this in the bag.

Spa. Easily. Best track in F1, best on track action, the best race driver won the race on the day.

Spa. Easily. Biggest sign of in justice in F1, massive cockup and manipulation of the championship by the FIA.

The clean sheet from which every team is going to start the championship. It's what separates the men from the boys.

I'm really hoping Lewis keeps his cool and takes the title. But then again, as I said in the Chinese GP thread, in my book he's already the champ - Massa now can't beat him by more than six points, which is what he gained at Spa, so Lewis is already the rightful 2008 champ imho. I hope the history books end up recording the same.

• [*]1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?
Pole: Massa Win: Massa

• [*]2) Which three drivers will be on the podium?
Massa, Raikkonen, Alonso

• [*]3) Who will win the Drivers Championship?
Massa, with some luck.

• [*]4) Do McLaren have a realistic chance of winning the Constructors Championship?
No.

• [*]5) What has been your highlight of the 2008 season?
Ferrari winning.

• [*]6) What has been your lowlight of the 2008 season?
Australia, Valencia, Singapore and the endless whining of McLaren fanboys screaming foul-play over Ferrari.

• [*]7) What are you most looking forward to about the 2009 season?
The new cars, obviously (in particular, KERS) and the first Abu Dhabi F1 GP.

Last edited:
1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race? Massa, Lewis
2) Which three drivers will be on the podium? Lewis, Massa, Kimi
3) Who will win the Drivers Championship? Lewis
4) Do McLaren have a realistic chance of winning the Constructors Championship? Not really.
5) What has been your highlight of the 2008 season? Monaco and Silverstone.
6) What has been your lowlight of the 2008 season? The Ferrari fanboys claiming they did nothing wrong.
7) What are you most looking forward to about the 2009 season? Lewis winning it.

• [*]1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?
Pole: Massa Win: Massa

• [*]2) Which three drivers will be on the podium?
Massa, Raikkonen, Alonso

• [*]3) Who will win the Drivers Championship?
Massa, with some luck.

• [*]4) Do McLaren have a realistic chance of winning the Constructors Championship?
No.

• [*]5) What has been your highlight of the 2008 season?
Ferrari winning.

• [*]6) What has been your lowlight of the 2008 season?
Australia, Valencia, Singapore and the endless whining of McLaren fanboys screaming foul-play over Ferrari.

• [*]7) What are you most looking forward to about the 2009 season?
The new cars, obviously (in particular, KERS) and the first Abu Dhabi F1 GP.

QFT.

Felipe Massa, he's Mr Pole Position and Hamilton will settle for 3rd on quite a lot of fuel.

Massa will win, Raikkonen will follow, and Hamilton will be crusing in third. Heikki will probably get food poisoning or something weird. He'll miss the race for sure.

LEWIS HAMILTON. The only thing that can stop him is a stupid Heikki Kovalainen.

They're not even interested in the WCC.

Hamilton's win in Germany, that was awesome.

Last race, Valencia, Magny Cours, and Alonso's lack of pace.

Oversteer, overtaking.

Pole: Massa Win: Hamilton

Hamilton, Kovalainen, Alonso

Lewis Hamilton

They do, but i dont expect to see it at all. Cue another Singapore GP with a Mclaren 1-2, then yes it will happen.

Back to back ferrari engine failures! Nothing is more beautiful than a red car on fire. And both drivers failing hard along with the team traffic lights.

Hearing about how they are going to ruin the sport from 2010, and fucking Hamilton in the process of sucking Ferrari's dirty cock.

The final year of the true formula one. RIP 1950-2009. To add on, give the GP2 car a F1 engine and I reckon it might give the F1 cars a run for their money and dust.

Hat-trick for Massa. Pole, win, fastest lap.

Massa, Alonso, Hamilton.

Hamilton.

When you take Massa's Brazil form into consideration, they haven't got a hope in hand.

Alonso and Vettel upsetting the formbook and stealing the spotlight with those three wins in Italy, Singapore and Japan.

The stewards.

Hopefully more racing and overtaking and more contenders for the title with the new rules.

Figure I should perhaps answer at least a couple of the questions...

The stewards and their frankly sub-par decisions. No matter which side you're on, they were bad for the sport and utterly unprofessional.

Races being decided on the track, rather than by stewards doing a bad job. I want 2009 to restore my passion for F1. Hopefully next year we'll be discussing & debating the racing rather than the penalties.

1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?Massa on pole, Hamilton for the win

2) Which three drivers will be on the podium?Massa, Alonso, Hamilton

3) Who will win the Drivers Championship?Honestly don't know. I just want to see Massa and Hamilton have a straight fight to the flag and see who comes out on top

4) Do McLaren have a realistic chance of winning the Constructors Championship?Yes, but Ferrari will win

5) What has been your highlight of the 2008 season?Vettels win at Monza, Alonso's double at Fuji and Singapore, Toyota finding the podium on a couple of occasions

6) What has been your lowlight of the 2008 season?The FIA, dumb penaltys by the stewards (see Massa/Bourdais), the whole Ferrari vs Mclaren bitchfest

7) What are you most looking forward to about the 2009 season?To see if KERS actually does anything, closer racing

1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race? Massa on Pole, Massa for the win

2) Which three drivers will be on the podium?Massa, Kubica, Hamilton

3) Who will win the Drivers Championship? Hamilton - unless he cocks it up

4) Do McLaren have a realistic chance of winning the Constructors Championship?Hope so - but reckon it will go to the red team
5) What has been your highlight of the 2008 season?Having all the varied winners - espescially Vettel

6) What has been your lowlight of the 2008 season? The FIA and Valencia

7) What are you most looking forward to about the 2009 season? Slicks, possible overtaking and KERS