2008 Brazilian Formula 1 Grand Prix ? Title Decider

This is what I expected tbh... all Lewis needs to do is get through turn 1 and cruise home, leapfrogging Trulli in the pits. And Kovi NEEDS to get between Alonso and Lewis. We don't need Alonso anywhere near Lewis...

Interesting grid. Massa is clearly light as expected, but I might've thought Hamilton could've been higher than that. We'll see how it plays out, but it's certainly going to be an interesting race.

massa took pole

Hamilton really has to watch himself tomorrow.

Remember Japan, when he got all crazy when kimi overtook him at the start.

Now, lewis is 4th, with alonso behind him, raikkonen in front, and the trulli-train in second. And massa in first. If he doesn't keep his head firmly screwed on and goes all crazy, it's goodbyeeee championship.

I sure do not want to feel his nerves right now.

That said though, it's going to be a really great race tomorrow. I would have dearly loved to see the mcmerc's in front, but i wasn't really surprised to see massa take pole, especially when he's done that in 2007 and 2006. I think having trulli in second will really make things a bit more exciting, if only to see how raikkonen will try to get ahead of trulli while keeping hamilton at bay, and then it's going to be awesome to see how hamilton makes his way past everyone else... with alonso behind him.

Waiting for the race tomorrow is like a firecracker waiting to go boom!

That, and the new season of TG starts tomorrow as well! Oh this going to be awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :)

Let Alonso go steaming past, keep clear of trouble get a nice big gap ahead of 6th. refuel carefully and stay in 5th - job done.

What are the chances? None I'd say he'll want to race no matter what Ron Dennis tells him.

Last edited:
A cynical old **** said today...

A cynical old **** said today...

So, Phil on pole, as we probably all expected, Lewis only fourth, and the Trulli train has 18 carriages behind it, which we didn't all expect. There may or may not be rain tomorrow, which nobody could be expected to expect.

Only one thing remains certain though.

Tomorrow, whatever the outcome, the instant the race is over, the world will resound with thousands of fingers typing on thousands of keyboards, flooding the internet with tedious flame wars and extra-large, bold text all shrieking "WORST WORLD CHAMPION EVER! HE DIDN'T DESERVE IT!" and how it should have been Kimi / Alonso / Balding Rob (delete as appropriate according to team prejudices and/or national inclinations) all along, even though none of them scored as many points as the top two.

May March 2009 and the start of a new season with a clean slate, different cars, the hopeful resurgence of Honda and even more hopefully the end of idiotic decisions by the FIA and the stewards, roll round very quickly.

Lewis had a Q&A in which he says McLaren qualified according to their strategy today, and that, if it rains, it will favour McLaren.

This makes me cautiously optimistic. He seems pretty happy with himself, lets see what unfolds tomorrow.

Hoorah! :w00t: :w00t:

Now I just have to hope that Alonso will give Hamilton a hard time or even better; spin him off the track! ROFL!

Woo hoo! :dance::dance::dance:

Indeed, Kimi will slow down Lewis as much as possible and if that doesn't work, kamikaze all the way, baby! :D

...f***ing Ferrari fans...you're not F1 fans, just Ferrari fans. It ruins the sport.

You know what disgusts me? That the thing I'm looking forward to most after Lewis wins the championship is rubbing it in the face of my friend (a Ferrari fan)...that's not what it should be like...

I'm a Ferrari fan...and I really hope no one crashes Hamilton out. I just want a straight battle for the championship. So don't go assume all Ferrari fans are like this.

I'm actually pretty tired of both side arguing like this, keep it civil people!

...f***ing Ferrari fans...you're not F1 fans, just Ferrari fans. It ruins the sport.

You know what disgusts me? That the thing I'm looking forward to most after Lewis wins the championship is rubbing it in the face of my friend (a Ferrari fan)...that's not what it should be like...

Haha, calm down bud. Couldn't you tell by the ":D" at the end that it was just in good fun. As if what I said is really going to happen.

God, I understand it's the last race of the season, and everyone's nervous, but there's something wrong with you if you can't even sleep and take offence to everything people say - including jokes. :rolleyes:

edit: And where was your sudden outburst of passion for Formula 1, when this was said in the previous page:

Of course, you mean Trulli taking Massa out, and Raikkonnen collecting the both of them while it happens right?

You know what really ruins the sport is when McLaren get caught with 780 pages of Ferrari documents. ;)

Gman, tbh I am talking to Cellos much more than you, you're clearly joking, he isn't...

I guess you're right about me being a bit jumpy now...I am... I just don't like all the talk about ramming people out of races cause it terrifies me about tommorow...and it just seems that it's always the Ferrari guys (you're nowhere near as bad as some I know) bring it up and actually liked it when Massa rammed Lewis in Japan...I'd just hate it, even if I was a tifosi...

...I'm gonna try and get some much needed sleep now...

I guess you're right about me being a bit jumpy now...I am... I just don't like all the talk about ramming people out of races cause it terrifies me about tommorow...and it just seems that it's always the Ferrari guys (you're nowhere near as bad as some I know) bring it up and actually liked it when Massa rammed Lewis in Japan...I'd just hate it, even if I was a tifosi...

I feel there could be history repeating itself. Senna and Prost ramming each other off the track to win world titles (while driving for McLaren :p). Schumacher and Hill "colliding" and Schumacher trying to take out JV.