2008 Brazilian Formula 1 Grand Prix ? Title Decider

I, for one, don't hate Vettel for taking the place from Lewis. Sure I'd be mad as hell if Lewis lost because of it, but Vettel ran his race, as he should have, and as everyone should do.

b9ex4g.jpg

i think you're alone on this trail of thought lol...

Yeah I think you're right, I'll leave it now. :lol:

Congrats to Vettel now I think about it for finishing in such a great position. :thumbup:

He didn't need to win, so he didn't bother trying. We need more drivers like him.
:? What a weird quote, in or out of context...

I must say I can't believe that Kubica decided to pass Vettel and Hamilton.
I'm not saying that Vettel couldn't have gotten around Hamilton without Kubica passing them, but we never would have known, and it nearly decided the outcome of the championship.
What was he thinking? :?
That is so true. He wasn't racing for points or places anymore, unlapping himself past the fight that was about to decide a championship, that was quite... rude.

Felt really sorry for Massa, has been a great driver all season and a great opponent, never cocky and never taunted anybody, just kept the head down and raced.

TBH though, I think the way Hamilton won it was karma coming around against Ferrari for the Spa penalty.

For those fanboys who can't accept that Glock genuinely lost pace, please just grow up, the facts and numbers are right in front of you. A lap in the wet with slicks can take nearly three times longer than on wets.

Fantastic result for Hamilton, absolutely thrilled with it, bring on 09 !

Also, don't forget that if Glock went for a tire change this situation wouldn't even be possible, he would have rejoined behind. That was pure luck that we got to see Massa within reach of a championship.

At the time i wanted to blame glock for everything but cosworth is right. It was a amazing race and anyone who says f1 is boring has been proved wrong with the last 2 corners. Massa only just lost out this year but he'll get another shot in march and hopefully we'll get to see more of the toyotas and renaults challenging for the title.

I read on another site that Kubica was still on the slick tyres. Any confirmation ?

I read on another site that Kubica was still on the slick tyres. Any confirmation ?

he pitted on lap 10, and then again on lap 46, the second pit stop was long enough to fuel him to the end. He then pitted again on lap 64 which was just around the time the rain started to appear, or at least when it was inevitable it would happen so I assume he took a gamble to come in and take intermediates in the hope that we would see another "Belgium" where he could potential get up in the points

Massa raced a good race. I was pissed that I had to miss the second half of it though.... (grrr stupid housemates and their foosball... :mad: )

Congrats to Lewis for not actually blowing it this time around...

Ferrari is really going to need to step their game up for '09, '08 was just way to sloppy of a season for them IMO...

Congrats to Lewis for not actually blowing it this time around...

WTF. He did blow it. The only reason he got it is because Glock fucked up. He was the luckiest person in the world at that moment.

WTF. He did blow it. The only reason he got it is because Glock fucked up. He was the luckiest person in the world at that moment.

I want you to reread this post and tell me how Glock was going to somehow hold off Hamilton if he'd gone for a tire change.

Also, don't forget that if Glock went for a tire change this situation wouldn't even be possible, he would have rejoined behind. That was pure luck that we got to see Massa within reach of a championship.

IMO Glock should have held them off. He had 15+ seconds on Vettel and Hamilton and even the ITV commentators were saying that Hamilton needs to make a move on Vettel because they thought Glock was too far away.

BTW who ever neg repped me for expressing my opinions why don't you grow some balls and leave your name and don't hide you little pansy.

Oh please, do enlighten me with your "logic".

The only reason Glock was in front of Hamilton is because Timo & Toyota rolled the dice and gambled on staying on dry tyres - that gamble didn't pay off and he was a sitting duck for both Vettel & Lewis. In the end Timo didn't gain or lose any places from his position before that final rain shower.

Or, put another way - the only reason Massa had a shot at the title is because Glock & Toyota took the gamble.

IMO Glock should have held them off. He had 15+ seconds on Vettel and Hamilton and even the ITV commentators were saying that Hamilton needs to make a move on Vettel because they thought Glock was too far away.

The ITV commentators were saying that up until the last lap - that last lap was when the rain come down enough to make driving on worn slicks impossible - read what Timo had to say after the race, he was driving as fast as he could, there was nothing more he could do. To give you an idea of how little grip Timo had, between exiting that last corner and crossing the line he lost six seconds on Lewis - he had no grip whatsoever and was doing all he could just to keep the car on the track.

Summing up - Lewis got the title because he & McLaren made the right choice in going onto the intermediate tyres. End of.

Last edited:
Oh please, do enlighten me with your "logic".

The only reason Glock was in front of Hamilton is because Timo & Toyota rolled the dice and gambled on staying on dry tyres - that gamble didn't pay off and he was a sitting duck for both Vettel & Lewis. In the end Timo didn't gain or lose any places from his position before that final rain shower.

Or, put another way - the only reason Massa had a shot at the title is because Glock & Toyota took the gamble.

I agree with your response about Massa having the title shot because Glock didn't pit but its of my own opinion that he could have held them off.
I maybe wrong but that is just my opinion.

It doesn't sound like Glock was in any position to be taking risks to disrupt the championship, just to do Ferrari and Massa a favor.