2008 Brazilian Formula 1 Grand Prix ? Title Decider

I agree with your response about Massa having the title shot because Glock didn't pit but its of my own opinion that he could have held them off.
I maybe wrong but that is just my opinion.

What are you basing your opinion on though? Glock was massively slower - and not just slower, he had very little control. How he's going to hold off other drivers who are so much faster than he was, and could put their cars wherever they wanted to is beyond me.

Glock's not a dud - he knows how to drive. I'm sure that if he could've held them off he would've.

What are you basing your opinion on though? Glock was massively slower - and not just slower, he had very little control. How he's going to hold off other drivers who are so much faster than he was, and could put their cars wherever they wanted to is beyond me.

Glock's not a dud - he knows how to drive. I'm sure that if he could've held them off he would've.

ITV was saying (maybe i shouldn't have listened to them that much) that on the penultimate lap Glock was around 3 seconds slower than Vettel and Hamilton and that he was pretty much out of reach for Hamilton and that he should focus on getting past Vettel. So i am basing my opinion on their thoughts while commentating.

BTW is the person who neg repped me going to own up to it or are they scared i might neg rep them back. :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

Last edited:
ITV was saying (maybe i shouldn't have listened to them that much) that on the penultimate lap Glock was around 3 seconds slower than Vettel and Hamilton and that he was pretty much out of reach for Hamilton and that he should focus on getting past Vettel. So i am basing my opinion on their thoughts while commentating.

"Penultimate" is the key word there. On the penultimate lap Glock's pace was okay, but clearly on that last lap the rain became a lot heavier, thus Glock's pace dropped way off. Bear in mind though it wasn't just Glock - Trulli was also running the worn slicks and his pace also fell off dramatically on the last lap.

BTW is the person who neg repped me going to own up to it or are they scared i might neg rep them back. :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

They never will - gutless is as gutless does unfortunately.

why the fuck did I get neg rep'd for what I said in my previous post??? you mclaren faggots need to chill the fuck out and take a xanax, your little faggot boy won, what the fuck do you guys want from me!?

WTF. He did blow it. The only reason he got it is because Glock fucked up. He was the luckiest person in the world at that moment.

I'm sorry I didn't see that part of the race, so I really can't make a judgment call on the issue. Do you have a clip of the incident?

The fact that Glock was overtaken so close to the finish but still finished over 5 seconds behind Hamilton shows how bad his tyres were performing with the track conditions.
Also, to see the difference being on the right tyre can make, watch this Alonso video from Spa. He pitted from 8th on the last lap and managed to make up all the time of the pit stop and overtake four cars to finish fourth, all in the space of one lap. This shows just how badly the normal tyres perform in heavy rain.

[YOUTUBE]qnHj9c4nd-8[/YOUTUBE]

OK. Hamilton won, now everyone can shut up. Happy now?

Hamilton only won because of Glock's mistake. He wouldn't have won otherwise. Bet your bollocks there is gonna be a heroes welcome at his home town with an open-top bus and a parade in his honour, getting blanket coverage on all the British news channels and BBC One and ITV1 & 4, uninterupted, because they love Lewis Hamilton that much.

Still, look on the bright side. Ferrari won more races (8 Ferrari wins to 6 McLarens) and Ferrari took the constructors championship, once again (this time, honestly). :D

That's a pretty cool video, but Alonso is totally ownage in the wet.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Le2IHC3UXU[/YOUTUBE]

Hamilton only won because of Glock's mistake. He wouldn't have won otherwise. Bet your bollocks there is gonna be a heroes welcome at his home town with an open-top bus and a parade in his honour, getting blanket coverage on all the British news channels and BBC One and ITV1 & 4, uninterupted, because they love Lewis Hamilton that much.

Glock didn't make a mistake, if he would have pitted and put on the inters he would have come out behind hamilton, and glock had absolutley no chance of holding anyone back.

Hamilton only won because of Glock's mistake. He wouldn't have won otherwise

Oh for the love of...

How's about reading some of the other posts in here?? Hamilton won because he & McLaren (along with Ferrari & STR) put the right tyres on their car at the right time.

Now here's the important bit - the only reason Massa had a shot at the title was because Glock & Toyota made a mistake and stayed out on the wrong tyres.

The mistake gave Glock a slim chance of coming in ahead of Lewis - as it turned out it was a wrong call as Glock and Trulli's last lap times showed. If Glock had pitted for tyres - which as we all saw was the right call - Glock would never have been in front of Hamilton.

So yes, Glock made a mistake - that mistake was staying out on worn slicks, which is the only thing that gave Massa a chance at the title at the end.

Hamilton & McLaren won because they made the right call - not because of anyone else's mistake.

I've read the posts and seen the footage. Glock could have tried harder to keep Hamilton behind. He was caught napping. I find it hard to believe as it happened at the very last corner of the season.

I've read the posts and seen the footage. Glock could have tried harder to keep Hamilton behind. He was caught napping.

Could you keep a car behind you that, by the end, was probably nearly a minute a lap faster?

I've read the posts and seen the footage. Glock could have tried harder to keep Hamilton behind. He was caught napping.

No, no he couldn't have. He was putting every effort into just staying on the road. Not only was he massively slower, he had no grip, so he couldn't position his car to defend even if there was any chance he could. Vettel & Hamilton could just drive around him like he was parked. And even if Glock had blocked him on the last corner, Hamilton gained six seconds between that last corner and the line - he'd have just waltzed straight past him on the straight.

As for being 'caught napping' - no, he wasn't. He would've known Vettel & Hamilton were cruising up behind him, & he also would've known he was a sitting duck. The only way he could've kept Lewis behind was to have taken him out of the race.

But then, perhaps you know more about this driving-an-F1-car-in-the-wet-on-worn-slicks caper then Timo does?

Last edited:
Aye. Swerve to block him, but Glock didn't think or care. Who knows if it worked? We'll never know. It's over and Hamilton is champiooon.

EDIT: I consede defeat. I was wrong.

Last edited:
Forgive me. I'm being bitter about the whole thing. Hamilton just hasn't been impressing me with his conduct this year.

I don't mean that much hostility. I'm just sick of the Lewis Hamilton loving commentary I had to endure over the past two years and counting.

Last edited:
Forgetting the Glock Hamilton issue how immense has Fernando Alonso been in the second half of the season. Even the ITV commentators said he was the best driver in F1 at the moment.

Forgetting the Glock Hamilton issue how immense has Fernando Alonso been in the second half of the season. Even the ITV commentators said he was the best driver in F1 at the moment.

Agreed - he's carrying ominous form into 2009, a very impressive later half of the season for sure.

I agree too. I'm surprised Alonso is back on form. He could be a major force in 2009. Just hope Renault can make a good car next year.