2008 Brazilian Formula 1 Grand Prix ? Title Decider

Where'd you guys find Jim Bamber's works ?!

Would be nice to know. :D

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72062

Di Montezemolo smashed TV after finale

By Jonathan Noble and Michele Lostia Monday, November 10th 2008, 10:10 GMT

Ferrari president Luca di MontezemoloFerrari president Luca di Montezemolo has revealed that he was so angry at the dramatic turn of events in the final seconds of the Brazilian Grand Prix, which cost Felipe Massa the world championship, that he smashed a television set.

Massa had looked on course to snatch the world title from rival Lewis Hamilton's grasp, before the McLaren driver grabbed the fifth spot he needed just two corners before the chequered flag.

That move meant Massa lost the title by just one point - and resulted in di Montezemolo taking his frustration out on a television set.

"I broke the television, I must tell the truth," Reuters quoted di Montezemolo saying from a press conference at the Ferrari Finals in Mugello. "When a television breaks it makes a terrible bang.

"My daughter in the other room was given an awful fright. Luckily we had another television so I was able to watch the podium ceremony, which I enjoyed."

Di Montezemolo is not the only Ferrari employee to have vented his frustration so explicitly - with the official video summary on formula1.com showing a Ferrari mechanic head butting a garage hoarding after realising Massa had not won the title.

Despite his anger, however, di Montezemolo has said he is now philosophical about what happened.

"I reckon that in the history of F1, we have never seen a world championship decided on the last bend of the last lap of the last Grand Prix," he said. "And we've never seen a driver crossing the finish line as a world champion."

"Miracles, when they happen, usually only happen once. I say that because last year was a miracle. A repeat is usually impossible. In Brazil, with Massa, we were in the process of producing another miracle."

And di Montezemolo made special reference to the efforts of Kimi Raikkonen this year who, although out the hunt for the drivers' championship, played a key role in allowing Ferrari to win the constructors' title.

He did first of all joke, however, that Raikkonen did not appear to be himself in the final part of the season ? when he was left firmly in the shadow by Massa.

"Is it really you, the real Kimi, the one in flesh and bones?" said di Montezemolo at Raikkonen, who was sat in the same room as him. "Or is it a friend of yours, a stand-in, the one that in the last Grands Prix was racing for Ferrari? Because in my opinion, Kimi, you were a bit tired and you let a friend of yours race for a while. OK, enough kidding.

Kimi has been a world champion right up to the last race this year. He has contributed to two constructors' titles," he said. "His points were fundamental. With all respect for Lewis Hamilton...I'm happy with my drivers, the best pair in the world."

What a lunatic...

I might have smashed a tv too if i was a multimillionare with a personal stake in the team.

People call f1 boring and nothing ever happens, i think since schumacher left its been nothing but exitement all around, good for him, better luck next year!

That's messed up - it's one thing to be massively disappointed about the outcome, but angry enough to smash a TV? Get a grip Luca.

I know, you all practically weep and beat your chests when your football team loses, i consider f1 a lot more important. And sure as hell would have if i was a boss of ferrari

No, he's excused, he's Italian... They have something called passion... :p Had it been McLaren who were in the same situation the boss would just quietly go: "Oh, Cock..." or "Bollocks..." Depending on wherther it was just the WDC or the WCC as well... :lmao:

You serious? :lol::lol::lol:

I heard a story about some guy at Mclaren, a strategist or something. Anyway during the last lap of the Brazilian GP he was 100% calm, then when Lewis crossed the line in 5th he just reclined in his chair and said "phew". That's pretty restrained, since at my house me and some friends were screaming like madmen at 5:45 AM.

I heard a story about some guy at Mclaren, a strategist or something. Anyway during the last lap of the Brazilian GP he was 100% calm, then when Lewis crossed the line in 5th he just reclined in his chair and said "phew". That's pretty restrained, since at my house me and some friends were screaming like madmen at 5:45 AM.

I'm pretty sure his heart was going into overdrive though, as was the case with all of us! :p

Is there like a new record that Massa broke?

"Shortest ever World Driver Champion"

...and I didn't mean his height!! hahaha I meant duration :p

He was never champion, the Brazilians just thought he was....

He was champion for about 10 seconds. Because he crossed the line, and then, 10 seconds later, Hamilton overtook Glock into the Juncao corner for that crucial 5th place.

38seconds to be exact...if i'm not mistaken :p

No, he's excused, he's Italian... They have something called passion... :p Had it been McLaren who were in the same situation the boss would just quietly go: "Oh, Cock..." or "Bollocks..." Depending on wherther it was just the WDC or the WCC as well... :lmao:

Exactly. I'd probably would've smashed a TV as well if I were him. :p

Hell, I came close to smashing my TV when Italy lost to Spain in the Euros.

Exactly. I'd probably would've smashed a TV as well if I were him. :p

Hell, I came close to smashing my TV when Italy lost to Spain in the Euros.

I wonder what TV he smashed... a 60inch LCd perhaps??? :cry::cry: poor thing...