2008 British Formula 1 Grand Prix

Why the hell did you assume that I'm a "Hamilton Hater"

I posted whats above as information to share it with other people as this is a forum we debate and share information, not because I'm a Kimi fan so that automatically qualify me to be a "Hamilton Hater"..
I don't hate Hamilton nor any other F1 driver.. I hate Child abusers and sex offenders.. but not an F1 Driver.

why the hell did you assume i was talking about you (cause i wasnt)

ohhhhhh honda :( why cant it be next year

Last edited:
Great to see Heikki and Mark on the front row, but can't get too excited about it, as Mark said in the post qualifying interview, only 5% of the job is done, there is still the race to complete and anything can happen. I'm not so sure Mark is all that light on fuel, he mentioned that on his first lap around in Q3 he was struggling with the weight of the car with the amount of fuel they put in. We'll just have to wait and see though.

We should be in for very interesting race and no doubt the weather will play its part today.

I'm not so sure Mark is all that light on fuel, he mentioned that on his first lap around in Q3 he was struggling with the weight of the car with the amount of fuel they put in.

Q3 times were two seconds slower than Q2 times, so probably everybody is heavy on fuel in anticipation of possible rain...

All good...I'm hoping for a wet race and then the need to switch to drys when Lewis pits...

Watching the Porsche Supercup race at the moment. Looks horribly wet, and off-line there's an enormous amount of standing water, and cars spinning out left, right and center. It might be even wetter than Monaco. Certainly, because of the speed, a lot more spray. But I guess it's going to be as wet as it was in '88 and in the middle of the race in '98.

What a fantastic qualifying session!!!! So entertaining to watch. Should be a crazy race with the promise of rain and F1's two unluckiest drivers filling the front row!!

Ferrari:
Lacking pace!!! Raikkonen managed to drag a halfway decent lap out of the car with a very clean lap (although still 8/10ths of Heikki). Massa is nowhere and will have to overtake like crazy to get a podium. Maybe they have a wet weather set up?? We will soon see. If its wet Kimi should be strong and challenging for the lead.

McLaren:
The benchmark on pace. Lewis scrappy and over driving again. Saw that even in Q1 he was locking wheels. Then blew his Q3 by throwing it off the road. Hasn't been near Heikki for consistency or pace really this weekend. If Heikki was to win a race I hope it is this one as he has just been really really fast from the get go. Lewis has been scrappy without teammate pressure, if Heikki is to step up he will need to get his game together fast.

BMW:
Red_Bull will hate me for saying this but glad to see Heidfeld slightly back on form. Kubica obviously had a problem, hopefully won't affect him in the race, will be good to see what sort of charge he can mount. Dropped back a little on pace though thats for sure.

Red Bull:
GO WEBBER!!!!! Back to his Jaguar giant killing days, half a second of Kovi but perhaps not soooo bad. May get a podium considering the conditions but will be lucky. Hopefully can have some good luck and keep away from Vettel behind safety cars. Good effort from DC, will be quite strong considering its a wet race at a track he loves and he can choose his strategy!!

Renault:
Alonso once again driving the wheels off the Renault. Will be strong in the wet conditions. Won't surprise me if we see Piquet spinning off into the infield.

Toyota:
Massively lacking pace, how can a team be so strong one week and so rubbish 2 weeks later!!!

Williams:
Nico's car looked atrocious, never seen or heard an F1 car bouncing like that. Quite slow anyway. May get a result if its a crazy race but won't be through speed.

Toro Rosso:
Vettel was awesome and given his wet weather prowess Toro Rosso could well expect some strong points. Bourdais was slow and a long way behind Vettel, should aim to keep it on the island.

Honda:
No pace, hopefully Jenson can pull a result out of the bag.

Force India:
Even less pace, maybe Sutil can do his usual wet weather heroics??

Should be an interesting and crazy race in the wet, even just watching the cars slide around in the many 3rd gear corners! Kimi, Webber, Kovi, Lewis, Sutil, Alonso, Button should be strong, not sure about Kubica in the rain. We shall see. Looking forward to it!!!! May as well throw the form book out of the window!!

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!! Ze Germans put up the ITV commentary for the end of the race and also Da Cock James Allen with it!!!!!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but congrats to Hamilton for an epic drive. And congrats to Rubens for an even more epic drive to put that Honda on the podium.

Great, dogged defenses by Alonso in the last few laps, but I guess his tires were fading and he couldn't keep up with the Finns. Shame about Nelsinho and Kubica, I guess they were both caught out by standing water.

And... WTF was Massa doing? It was like he had unplugged his brain in the Abbey chicane on lap 1 and forgot to plug it back in. Truly pathetic. At least 5 spins...

At least Da Cock didn't mention the name of a certain Brazilian driver in relation to Hamilton right before the finish (EDIT: Did he?????? What a COCK.). Atmosphere looked reminiscent of the Mansellmania of the late '80s and early '90s.

Race results:

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/07/06/r.PNG

Last edited:
68.5 seconds. Take that, suckers! :p

well done to lewis for taking this out

great podium finish for heidfeld and rubens

haha rubens gets owned by hes mechanics at the end haha lol

poor poor kimmi

ferrari basically cost kimmi the win or 2nd place with there stupid decisions, we all saw how quick he was towards the 1st pitstops but he did do well to get 4th

heikki? ahh i dunno about this guy

lol massa and hes 20 spins lol

i dont know why ferrari didnt chuck him on full wets

ITV makes me laugh, if lewis wasnt in f1 they would actually talk about other drivers in the field..blah blah lewis this blah blah lewis that and omg i just heard them compare him to senna again oh plz he is good but no legend

thank god we wont have to see this circuit again after 2009

jack460.jpg

BRITAIN: FUCK YEAH!!!

Also good to see Rubans back on the podium, that's been a while!

You have to admit that his drive today was like he was on a dry track while everyone else was on a wet one...just stunning...

And Ferrari are dumbshits, they could have had second...

the ferrari team are the clowns of day for sure and prob massa with all hes spins hahah

i still believe that kimmi would of been up there with lewis if it wasnt for the idiots in ferrari

btw

donnington with a 200mph main straight sounds great to me

no silverstone yayyyyy

oh and ITv stop putting lewis in the same sentence as senna plzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
-Great drive from Hamilton.
-BMW had some very good pace in the wet, awful luck for Kubica.
-Alonso was impressive yet again.
-Ferrari seem to be falling apart at the seams.
-Webber's spins cost him dearly.
-Honda really earned that podium.
-Nakajima's proving himself.
-Massa... enough said.

Well what a race, Lewis drove superb all day and deserved his win. Great drive by Heidfeld and Barrichello, who would've thought a Honda driver on the podium.

Was there any one who didn't spin or go off the track today? The rain sure played a big part, but it sure made it interesting from start to finish.

What a championship we have this year...

Great race, and congrats to the top three guys! :thumbsup: