2008 F1 Car Launches

I prefer the previous livery with Red, but I think it was a good idea for them not to go with the red, as it might of been difficult to distinguish from a few other teams.

I think the new Force India livery looks better. :hmm:

You know what? That might actually happen. Seriously.

Exactly. I don't really see what's so humorous about Force India being competitive next year. Unlike Spyker, Force India is backed up by Kingfisher, a multi-billion dollar company. So rich in fact, they are an airline in India.

King_Air.jpg

Yeah but results wont be immediate though, as long as Mallya sticks around and provides the team with some continuity then thats the best thing in the short term, then they can start to build towards the future. The aim is to be on the podium at the Indian grand prix in 2010, and, while it is a tall order, I think it can be done with intelligent allocation of resources.

Sweet mother of Gold! Ugh! Gold is the one color that doesn't belong on a car. For evidence just drive to Palm Springs and find a Cadillac.
You are wrong on that one. Here is a tasteful shop someone did (found it on autosports forum)
http://img527.imageshack.**/img527/1374/jonniewalkermclarenkz7.jpg

Force will do a Red Bull.

Next year they start pinching people from other teams, and 3-5 years time they will be up there.

I actually made the Honda/Force India comment to try and stir up HondaF1. But he has completely ignored which shows he is probably a lot more mature than I :p

Money doesn't equal success (looking at you Toyota) but they could become competitive.

I actually made the Honda/Force India comment to try and stir up HondaF1. But he has completely ignored which shows he is probably a lot more mature than I :p

Money doesn't equal success (looking at you Toyota) but they could become competitive.

I can't be bothered arguing about Honda. Im just waiting til the season proper when we show form again.

Force have the whole of India behind them, so with support like that, and money from Kingfisher, then they could do something special.

Yeah but results wont be immediate though, as long as Mallya sticks around and provides the team with some continuity then thats the best thing in the short term, then they can start to build towards the future. The aim is to be on the podium at the Indian grand prix in 2010, and, while it is a tall order, I think it can be done with intelligent allocation of resources.

You hit nail on the head, as it were.

HondaF1 said:
Force have the whole of India behind them, so with support like that, and money from Kingfisher, then they could do something special.

I'm hoping so. I'm really getting sick and tired of the "Force Jordan Midland Spyker India" team coming last in every race and basically just filling in the gaps. <_<

I want a competitive team, with a good car to do some great racing, dammit! Not a business / marketing venture to gain more publicity to the team's parent company, although that's the whole point of Formula 1, nowadays. :rolleyes:

^ well, someone has to come in last. If every year, every team gets better, won't the results still look the same?

The only exception to the rule will be super best friends, who will get their first win this year :wicked:

McLaren trying an interesting new wheel cap:

92136.jpg

You know.....I think they probably are sure!

Another horrible contraption. Going to be a nightmare at pit stops

I think it's there to deflect air away from the tires and alongsie the wheels, reducing drag.

Protrudes from the wheel therefore it will be banned. Dunno why they are testing it. Thats the latest news anyway.

92136.jpg

Isn't that just something to measure tyre temperatures? I thought they always used those while testing to see which part of the tyre warms up and which doesn't.

They never use these things in real races though, for the reasons stated above

^^^ I think you're right, because there are photos of Hamilton's car without this weird caps. It was probably used only during several laps.
92104.jpg

92136.jpg

Does it come with a machine gun :lol:
It looks like something came out of a Batmobile.

Heres some information:

McLaren took the prize for the most unusual looking new development in testing on Thursday, as the team tried out an extended front rim shield design at Jerez in Spain.

Several teams ran front shields last season, their primary purpose being to direct the hot airflow generated under braking away from the wheels and underneath the car. However, the function of McLaren?s latest design looks to be somewhat more complex.

Rather than being contained entirely within the circumference of the wheel rim, the MP4-23?s latest shields feature a section that extends forwards to form a kind of fairing that sits parallel to the tyre sidewall.

Source

Protrudes from the wheel therefore it will be banned. Dunno why they are testing it. Thats the latest news anyway.
Not necessarily:
Air ducts :
Air ducts around the front and rear brakes will be considered part of the braking system and shall not
protrude beyond :
- a plane parallel to the ground situated at a distance of 160mm above the horizontal centre line of the
wheel ;
- a plane parallel to the ground situated at a distance of 160mm below the horizontal centre line of the
wheel ;
- a vertical plane parallel to the inner face of the wheel rim and displaced from it by 120mm toward the
centre line of the car.
Furthermore, when viewed from the side the ducts must not protrude forwards beyond a radius of 330mm from the centre of the wheel or backwards beyond a radius of 180mm from the centre of the wheel.All measurements will be made with the wheel held in a vertical position.
Their ducts seem to be under 330mm... just. :p

Yeah, so they look legal. But at the first touch they'll become lethal debris which can cause punctures at any time. Expecting 4 pieces of carbon fiber on the track in T1 at Melbourne after the start... from the McLarens' front wheels.