2008 Formula 1 Season Thread

:blink:
IF Hamilton actually said this then he really has lost his mind.
http://www.rtl.de/sport/formel-1/formel1_87057.php

APPARENTLY the text includes these quotes.

a) "I know I'm as good as Senna"
b) "Don't you know I'm the best?" (to Nigel Tozzi, Ferrari attorney)

Hopefully our german friends on here can let us know if the article does not mention these quotes.

I really doubt he said that...he's not stupid...

It's probably like that whole transmition over the radio in China, all bullshit...I'd wait for the transcript to come out before forming any opinions...

:blink:
IF Hamilton actually said this then he really has lost his mind.
http://www.rtl.de/sport/formel-1/formel1_87057.php

APPARENTLY the text includes these quotes.

a) "I know I'm as good as Senna"
b) "Don't you know I'm the best?" (to Nigel Tozzi, Ferrari attorney)

Hopefully our german friends on here can let us know if the article does not mention these quotes.

I call BS on that - as, ahem, 'confident' Lewis can be when he speaks, he's not flat-out arrogant enough to say that.

I call BS on that - as, ahem, 'confident' Lewis can be when he speaks, he's not flat-out arrogant enough to say that.

Apparently some german guys on another forum confirmed that this is what he said. We will see in the next few days if its true.

I don't think Hamilton would say something like that, surely he isn't that arrogant.

New role for Briatore at Renault

02 October 2008

Current Renault Formula One team boss Flavio Briatore has said he plans to appoint a new director for next seasonto oversee the day to day running of the team. On Thursday Briatore will have a meeting with Renault president Carlos Ghosn to talk about next year's job at Renaut.

"I will take one step back next year," Briatore told Italian news paper Gazzetta dello Sport. "We will hire a new director who will be in charge of the day to day management. Instead I will start busying myself with only the highly important matters within our team."

Source

I really doubt he said that...he's not stupid...

It's probably like that whole transmition over the radio in China, all bullshit...I'd wait for the transcript to come out before forming any opinions...
Lol judging from where the poster is coming from and supports... Its all the less reliable haha. :p

Lol judging from where the poster is coming from and supports... Its all the less reliable haha. :p

I would have the same reaction if Felipe Massa said he was as good as Michael Schumacher. :blink:
As i said i don't know if its true but IF it is then he needs a reality check.

You know i just looked at the figures, Hamilton scored more points in his rookie year than Senna did in his first 3 or 4 seasons COMBINED.

Now i'm not going to judge, but shouldnt a racing driver go around saying "i'm the best ever"? Like a fighter pilot or something, they are all sure they are the best.

Just because he pranged it doesnt make senna the holy god of f1 for all time.

You know i just looked at the figures, Hamilton scored more points in his rookie year than Senna did in his first 3 or 4 seasons COMBINED.

Senna started his career in a Toleman which was nearly hopeless to start with, and got better but was never able to challenge for wins regularly by the end of '84. Afterwards, he was saddled in '85 and '86 with an unreliable and thirsty Lotus-Renault, and in '87 with a bad Lotus-Honda.

His big break was 1988.

Plus, the points scoring system at the time wasn't 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1, it was 9-6-4-3-2-1 with only the best 11 results counting (from 1985 to 1990).

I would have the same reaction if Felipe Massa said he was as good as Michael Schumacher. :blink:
As i said i don't know if its true but IF it is then he needs a reality check.
Well my local papers wrote this, picturing him "singing himself to sleep every night with : dontcha wish your (sad lives) were as hot as mine !"

I mean, the SG GP grid girls all shouted his name in unison when the reporter asked which driver they liked the most. And thats in SG only. -_-

Personally with that many pussies coming after one cock, if it was me, I'd stay off the Reality hospital and a checkup within. And shun it like poo. :p

I mean, the SG GP grid girls all shouted his name in unison when the reporter asked which driver they liked the most. And thats in SG only. -_-

I'm more of a McLaren person than anything else, but even i found that annoying as hell.

:|

Is it because of the addition of new circuits/venues?

Drop f-ing Valencia and bring back Montreal!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

WTF? Montreal has offered exciting races for the past 4 years, since it punishes drivers if they make mistakes. And if the track is in a bad state, it punishes them even more.

But, then again, the organisers' inability to fix the constant problems with the tarmac might have contributed to this. And using pikeys to do it.

:|

Is it because of the addition of new circuits/venues?

The article doesn't say why it has been dropped.

It's a joke, there are races in Singapore, Abu Dhabi (next year), Bahrein, Malaysia, but surely Montreal is old-fashioned and has crap facalities compared to the new Asian "'super" venues... aaarrrggg.... :mad:

I hope they bring it back for 2010.

Joining the "not happy about canada being dropped" clan. This means that there is no north american GP at all. That's shocking. Fucking Bernie!

The article doesn't say why it has been dropped.

It's a joke, there are races in Singapore, Abu Dhabi (next year), Bahrein, Malaysia, but surely Montreal is old-fashioned and has crap facalities compared to the new Asian "'super" venues... aaarrrggg.... :mad:

I hope they bring it back for 2010.

Joining the "not happy about canada being dropped" clan. This means that there is no north american GP at all. That's shocking. Fucking Bernie!

http://forums.finalgear.com/groups/save-the-canadian-gp-group/

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

No North American Grand Prix is a big mistake in my opinion. We hear this every year though, that Montreal is to be dropped and it always manages to win a reprieve, so lets hope that's the case this time. It's pretty sickening to watch all the old classic circuits which characterise the sport disappear in place of some bland 'drome in some Asian waste land.

The teams need a race in North America though. Through-out the nineties it wasn't so crucial as there wasn't the abundance of the manufacturers that we see now. They need a race in the American market to sell their brand so expect there to be some sort of backlash about this.