2008 Formula 1 Season Thread

My bet is that KERS won't be allowed until 2010. The Red Carpet-team will probably ensure that, if they don't manage to develop a good system in time.

Nah, KERS will be there in 09, BMW and Honda would veto an extension.

My friend keeps on bringing that up, but tbh I don't think that will make a huge difference. Every team will get the basic concep easily, it's how to use it in F1 conditions, and Toyota have do that as well, so I don't seethem gaining a massive advantage because of it.

Oh OK. But didn't they already have that meeting to consider it? I thought an extension had already been ruled out.

This is looking more and more like a classic Bernie ploy to extort more money out of a venue. :rolleyes:

Clever old Bernie, he's the reason F1 is possible.

Oh Man! That's really sad, if things keep going on like this Williams could be gone by mid 2009. I really hope they have a very good year next year.

By the way guys, I've solved the mystery of Raikkonen's demise. He has clearly confused Qualifying with the Race. Somehow his brain has become damaged by something, maybe its snowboarding related, maybe Massa handed him a fake memo along the lines of:

Yo Ferrari team ballers, there's a new set up for GPs.
Friday = drive slowly and sneakily for no reason.
Saturday = Raceday
Sunday = Qualifying

However it happened he has applied Qualifying strategy to the race and race strategy to qualifying.

By the way guys, I've solved the mystery of Raikkonen's demise. He has clearly confused Qualifying with the Race. Somehow his brain has become damaged by something, maybe its snowboarding related, maybe Massa handed him a fake memo along the lines of:

However it happened he has applied Qualifying strategy to the race and race strategy to qualifying.

:lol::lol::lol::roflmao:

Man! Hamilton is such a jerk, it costs $140 to join his fan club. DC dedicates a crash to each of his fan club members, FOR FREE!

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix could become night race

14 October 2008

Next year's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix could become the second night race on the Formula 1 calendar according to F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone. The Briton has said he is discussing the possibility with the organizers of the inaugural Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

"At the moment, we do not have an agreement to run Formula One at night in Abu Dhabi but we are discussing the possibility," Bernie Ecclestone told the Khaleej Times.

Source

Abu Dhabi circuit revealed

15 October 2008

In February 2007 work began on the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi in order to host Abu Dhabi's first Formula One Grand Prix in 2009. It wasn't until Tuesday that the final plans were revealed though at a presentation by the Abu Dhabi Motorsport Management company.

Philippe Gurdjian, Abu Dhabi Motorsport Management (ADMM) CEO, said: "I am very happy that the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is the last race of the 2009 season. We continue to work day and night to create something which will be unique both for Formula One and for Abu Dhabi."

With the present work force of 4,000 persons set to grow to a peak of 5,500 by the end of this year, the ADMM are confident the circuit will be finished in time for them to fully test the facilities prior to the Grand Prix.

Developers say the Yas Marina Circuit will be one the most technologically advanced circuits in the world and one of its most unique features will be the Yas Marina Hotel. The track runs through the hotel giving guests an unparalleled view of the racing action.

The track for the Formula 1 runs to 5.5km but can be broken down into second and third configurations of 3.15km and 2.36km, respectively. These two additional tracks can run independently of each other and make it possible for the Yas Marina Circuit to hold two events simultaneously.

Source

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/15/113099.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/15/113102.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/15/113101.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/15/113100.jpg

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns20880.html

French Grand Prix cancelled!

The board of directors of the French motor sport federation have announced in Paris that they are not going to hold a French Grand Prix in 2009 because of economic problems. The FFSA has been promoting the event for some years but does not believe that it is possible to hold the race in 2009 without making a financial loss and as the club does not have huge financial resources it is not possible to take that risk.

The committee of the FFSA said that it has received six applications for the race in 2010. These are the project at Flins in the Seine Valley; Magny-Cours, a project at Gonesse (close to Le Bourget airport), Disneyland Paris, Sarcelles and a little-known project on land close to Disneyland which is called Paris Motorspace and has funding from the financier Benjamin de Rothschild. This would be a complete autodrome with a permanent race track and various racing schools and so on.

In recent years the French GP has struggled each year with a 10% increase in the fees it has to pay to the Formula One group. The FFSA has now decided that it is impossible given the current economic climate to make the race profitable and so has concluded that it is better to drop out for a year and then bring the race back with suitable funding in the longterm. The FFSA would not longer be the promoter but would remain the sanctioning body.

There have been rumours for some time that European races are feeling the financial heat the moment and it is possible that we may see others drop out as well. With Canada gone it is going to be hard to find a replacement at this late stage, unless the sport is willing to take less money from the promoters.

Last edited:
WTF. PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE JOKING.

holy crap! no canadian gp, no french gp?!

That's not the critical thing. The critical thing is that the promoters admit that they can't pay Bernie's stupid fees any longer.

Bernie, cut them down 75% or you won't have any more F1 to get your money from, you idiot!

Damn... What next?