2008 Formula 1 Season Thread

Never seem to do well?!? They are doing extremely well after their merge with Sauber.

It seems their best moment last season was freaking out and jumping around about a 4th place finish, same race wonderboy mclaren beached himself on the gravel i believe.

4th place might be closer to the front then the back, but if you're freaking around like you just won the championship over that then something is clearly wrong.

It seems their best moment last season was freaking out and jumping around about a 4th place finish, same race wonderboy mclaren beached himself on the gravel i believe.

4th place might be closer to the front then the back, but if you're freaking around like you just won the championship over that then something is clearly wrong.

You sure they were jumping around in jubilation? If I remember correctly they lost their chance at winning that race due to an electrical fault with Kubica's car. No, they'dve been jumping about in anger, surely :p

You sure they were jumping around in jubilation? If I remember correctly they lost their chance at winning that race due to an electrical fault with Kubica's car. No, they'dve been jumping about in anger, surely :p

Gearbox failure, actually, to be correct. I've got the onboard footage from the race (thanks a lot RU), and once he's out of the hairpin, he can't shift up through the gears. BMW's gearbox has been its Achilles' heel, and it's going to be more so this year.

Maybe, but i certainly remember some fist-thrusting into the air. :lol:

I'd like Williams to do better than they did last year. Maybe a couple of podiums if things turn out to be lucky...
I'd like to see a battle at the front, not one person running away with it.
I'd like less controversies - I'd like this season to be worth remembering because of the racing not the scandals.
I'd like to see wet races again, at least 3 or 4.
I'd like BMW to snatch a win.
I'd like Honda to do better.
I'd like to read more sensible and less biased stuff in the press, be it British, Spanish or Hungarian.
I'd like to have a bloody good time at the Hungaroring in August - I will be there again! :)

I agree with you 100%.

you seem to be forgetting the 2nd place in Canada and 3rd place in Hungary results.

come on man you have to give them more time, 2007 was only there second year as a full team.

you seem to be forgetting the 2nd place in Canada and 3rd place in Hungary results.

come on man you have to give them more time, 2007 was only there second year as a full team.

I wouldnt know on either point, this was my first season watching F1, and i didnt see hungary or canada.

2 weeks... It seems to me that this winter break was shorter than the previous ones since I've been watching F1. Well, there were surely quite a lot of things going on during the winter to keep us interested!

I'd like Williams to do better than they did last year. Maybe a couple of podiums if things turn out to be lucky...
I'd like to see a battle at the front, not one person running away with it.
I'd like less controversies - I'd like this season to be worth remembering because of the racing not the scandals.
I'd like to see wet races again, at least 3 or 4.
I'd like BMW to snatch a win.
I'd like Honda to do better.
I'd like to read more sensible and less biased stuff in the press, be it British, Spanish or Hungarian.
I'd like to have a bloody good time at the Hungaroring in August - I will be there again! :)

Brilliant post. Covers everything. Everything except Kimi going back to back of course :p

Brilliant post. Covers everything. Everything except Kimi going back to back of course :p

Well, I'm not a fan of either Kimi or Hamilton, but if I had to choose I'd say Kimi without doubt. ;)
(I don't think anyone else apart from these two have a chance to win the WDC this year)

Well, I'm not a fan of either Kimi or Hamilton, but if I had to choose I'd say Kimi without doubt. ;)
(I don't think anyone else apart from these two have a chance to win the WDC this year)
Then who do you like?

You'll come round hehehe :cool:

...to liking Hamilton...

...OR NOT...

(Williams, DC and Kubica? Fine by me.

<old joke warning>
Just try to get DC to find out that it's his chin that's slowing him down.)

</old joke>

Last edited:
(Williams, DC and Kubica? Fine by me.

<old joke warning>
Just try to get DC to find out that it's his chin that's slowing him down.)

</old joke>

Actually, I couldn't find a sensible reason why I like DC, but I started supporting him when I got into F1 (2000 - I was 11) and I've been supporting him since then - got used to it I guess :D

Go Jenson and Rubens!!