2008 Line-Up (Rumour Mill)

Alonso to Toyota?

Alonso should fit well with Ferrari considering he already knows the cars setup. :lol: but it'd be a real shame if Massa left. Id at least want to see him in a BMW. :(

Webber to McLaren?

No way! He'll bring his bad luck to the team. Ronnie boy will probably find some guy who is willing to finish behind Lewis every race. Maybe he'll pick up Fisichella.

What about Raikkonen and Alonso in Ferrari, that'll bring an end to the debate about which of the two is better. I can't understand why Alonso would want to join Ferrari surely he's just going to have another year of battling his team mate. Maybe he didn't think Renault or BMW (I know they've confirmed their line up, but I'm sure Fernando is arrogant enough to approach them anyway.) was good enough.

^ Which leads again to Alonso to RBR and Webber to McLaren. Webber just wants to win races now at this stage of his career.

Alonso doesn't like equal driver policies but he's going to team with Raikkonen? How's that going to work? I'm pretty sure in an all out pace battle Raikkonen would make Alonso his bitch any weekend of the season.

He's going to RBR and Webber to McLaren

^ I'm so wishing that to be true - I don't know how much I believe it will happen, but it would be awesome if it did. Webber in the quickest car, and Alonso floundering around in 8th. Oh that would be sweet.

Goddamn people!!!! I almost had a freaking heart attack over that news. But only speculation. Will be massive if it happens, THEN I will have a heart attack.

Webber to McLaren?

I hope that happens as well, but I think it's unlikely.

^ I'm so wishing that to be true - I don't know how much I believe it will happen, but it would be awesome if it did. Webber in the quickest car, and Alonso floundering around in 8th. Oh that would be sweet.

:+1:

Alonso doesn't like equal driver policies but he's going to team with Raikkonen? How's that going to work? I'm pretty sure in an all out pace battle Raikkonen would make Alonso his bitch any weekend of the season.

^ Thats so true...

I really like the idea of Webber to McLaren and Alonso to.. well what ever s**t hole he belongs too I don't care but not to Ferrari, by this you'll see more competition on the track from drivers and constructors.

As for Massa if he really left to Toyota it will be such a shame, especially that Ralf will be jobless and I think his perfect world will be with DTM.

I really really wish to see Rosberg on a Ferrari next to Raikkonen.. yes it will be the battle of the blonde's :lol: but it will be interesting though.

Last edited:
Massa rubbishes Toyota rumours

Felipe Massa says he is not even imagining a future outside of Ferrari after rubbishing wild speculation linking him with a move to Toyota next year.

Despite having a firm contract for 2008, rumours suggested that the Brazilian could be on his way to Toyota after apparently being seen at the motorhome of the Japanese manufacturer on the Sunday morning of the Belgian Grand Prix.

But Massa has not only made it clear that neither he nor his manager have visited Toyota, but he insists that he wants to remain at Ferrari for the rest of his career.

"I think it is crazy," said Massa when asked about the stories. "I have a contract. It is not finished this year it is finished next year.

"I would be interested to know who saw my manager in Toyota in Spa because everyone says they saw him there, but he was not there. I also have never been to the Toyota motorhome.

"When you have a contract that finishes next year, why should I go and speak with other teams?"

When it was put to him that maybe he would hold talks because he wanted to move teams, Massa responded: "No I don't want to. I am really happy at Ferrari and would like to finish my career at Ferrari."

Source
http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/62740

Alonso plays down McLaren exit talk

Fernando Alonso has again played down the chances of him leaving McLaren at the end of the season.

The revelations at the World Motor Sport Council hearing - where team boss Ron Dennis admitted that he was no longer on speaking terms with the world champion - increased speculation that the tense Alonso-McLaren relationship could not continue into 2008.

But at Fuji today Alonso insisted that he was going nowhere and was perfectly content.

"For next year I have a contract with this team and I don't see any problem on that," he was quoted as saying by Reuters.

"I have been working with the engineers, with the mechanics, with everybody from the beginning of the season, until now with the same relationship.

"They are all very professional, very focused on doing the best we can and we are achieving good results.

"I won four races, I make some good podiums and I am fighting for the world championship so everything is going quite well for me and I am happy."

Although Alonso had primarily been linked with a return to Renault, there had also been some speculation that he could replace Felipe Massa at Ferrari.

But both Ferrari drivers dismissed this possibility in their media briefings in Japan, with Kimi Raikkonen saying the Alonso-to-Ferrari rumours were "just talk".

"It would interesting to race him in the same car," Raikkonen said.

"But I don't think it is going to happen."

Source

I agree, I can see Alonso to Toyota before Ferrari, but damn, I want Button to go to McLaren.