2008 Line-Up (Rumour Mill)

That's news to me, last I heard the offer was still on the table. Plus isn't he doing another test with Toro Rosso this year (I could be wrong)?

Helmut Marko didn't mention Bourdais at all in the interview I posted earlier, so he could of turned down the offer. But I don't believe that Toro Rosso will keep Scott Speed next year, unless the rest of his season is amazing.

Well so far Speed is doing better in the Driver's standing than Liuzzi

He was so close to get an actual point in Monaco

I think Speed and Liuzzi are have equal driving talents

So basically 2006/2007 looks like this for the STR boys.

8th Place: Liuzzi 1, Speed 0.
9th Place: Liuzzi 0, Speed 2
10th Place: Liuzzi 2, Speed 3
11th Place: Liuzzi 2, Speed 3
12th Place: Liuzzi 0, Speed 1
13th Place: Liuzzi 4, Speed 5
14th Place: Liuzzi 3, Speed 2
15th Place: Liuzzi 1, Speed 1
16th Place: Liuzzi 1, Speed 0
17th Place: Liuzzi 2, Speed 0
DNF: Liuzzi 8, Speed 9

Personal opinion would be to get rid of them both, although Speed's doing better than Liuzzi if you look at the positions they have finished in.

When you look at the results of the STR boys, Speed would be the better pick, but Toro Rosso seem to 'prefer' Liuzzi, they waited a long time to sign Speed for this season and they only resigned him for this season.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a Schumacher to replace Schumacher rumour yet. :p

No way in hell Hamilton is going to leave McLaren for Ferrari (or any team for that matter). It's not just about the money, but Ron Dennis pretty much raised the little kid ever since he was 9 or so. For him to leave McLaren would be major disrespect.

I actually see him being in McLaren for the entire length of his career, be it in F1 or elsewhere.

In other news...

Jun.27 (GMM) Ross Brawn will almost certainly take over from Jean Todt next year as boss of Ferrari's formula one team.

That is the information of the German newspaper Bild, which said the highly respected British engineer is sure to return to the Maranello based team from his one-year sabbatical in 2008 despite offers from rival outfits including Honda.

The 52-year-old's new post could also entice Michael Schumacher into a more prominent position at Ferrari, with Bild speculating that the retired seven time world champion is using his visits to races this year to learn the ropes before becoming a key strategic expert.

Schumacher, 38, is already scheduled to appear again at Magny Cours.

Bild quoted Brawn as confirming that he will not return to Ferrari to be technical director next year, "but there could be new possibilities on the race team."

In other news...

Jun.27 (GMM) Ross Brawn will almost certainly take over from Jean Todt next year as boss of Ferrari's formula one team.

That is the information of the German newspaper Bild, which said the highly respected British engineer is sure to return to the Maranello based team from his one-year sabbatical in 2008 despite offers from rival outfits including Honda.

The 52-year-old's new post could also entice Michael Schumacher into a more prominent position at Ferrari, with Bild speculating that the retired seven time world champion is using his visits to races this year to learn the ropes before becoming a key strategic expert.

Schumacher, 38, is already scheduled to appear again at Magny Cours.

Bild quoted Brawn as confirming that he will not return to Ferrari to be technical director next year, "but there could be new possibilities on the race team."
I'll wait till F1.com confirms this, Bild makes a lot of false predictions. Still...interesting

Vettel might head for Toro Rosso

Tue 03 Jul, 04:41 PM

Photo 1 - Vettel might head for Toro Rosso
view photo

With Nick Heidfeld's new BMW-Sauber deal looking secure, it is now increasingly likely that the German team's current test and reserve driver Sebastian Vettel will be 'loaned' to Toro Rosso for a couple of years.

Vettel, 20, is uniquely contracted both to BMW and Red Bull -- with both companies claiming precedence over the other.

In the German press on Tuesday, neither STR co-owner Gerhard Berger nor BMW's Mario Theissen vehemently ruled out the scenario unfolding in time for 2008.

"I know that Sebastian is looking for a place to race and that we could be an interesting place for him to come," Berger is quoted as saying by Sport-Informations-Dienst.

Berger insisted however: "But so far we have held no concrete conversations with him."

Theissen, meanwhile, told Blickpunkt Sport late on Monday that 'loaning' Vettel to another team for a year or two is a "conceivable scenario."

But, along the same lines as Berger, he added: "The future is not decided yet."

Theissen has been recently quoted as saying "Sebastian's disadvantage compared to Heidfeld and Kubica is obviously his missing race experience." A season or two in a Toro Rosso racing seat could therefore be the logical next step.

Source

Possibly two Sebastians at Toro Rosso next year?

Planet-F1 have confirmed that Coulthard will continue at Red Bull for another year. So what was to have been a sort of temporary arrangement back in 2005 will stretch to its fourth year! Great news because I like DC. He has some pretty good views on the nature of the sport and isn't afraid to voice them.

Red Bull confirms Coulthard for 2008
06 July 2007

The Red Bull Racing Formula 1 team announced this afternoon at Silverstone that the team extended its contract with David Coulthard to the end of the 2008 Formula 1 season.

David Coulthard joined Red Bull Racing in their debut season in 2005. After eight years as McLaren's Formula 1 driver Coulthard decided he needed a new challenge and found it with Red Bull Racing.

Australian Mark Webber joined him in 2007 and as he signed a two-year deal with the team it means the Red Bull team remains unchanged for another season.

Source

Edit: Bah! Beaten.

Good. Expect a serious challenge from RBR next season then :thumbsup:

And best of all, another year of Crazy Dave at SniffPetrol.

Speaking of Sniff:
http://img406.imageshack.**/img406/6126/schumachers02bj7.gif

:lol: Man I love the Schumachers bit. Now, if only that will come true (the Ralf sacking this is - I've no desire to see Schuie smoking a pipe...)

Last edited:
Planet-F1 have confirmed that Coulthard will continue at Red Bull for another year. So what was to have been a sort of temporary arrangement back in 2005 will stretch to its fourth year! Great news because I like DC. He has some pretty good views on the nature of the sport and isn't afraid to voice them.

Likewise! :D

I think DC will teach Webber how to speak up, like he sort of did with Lewis, and then when DC goes, Webber will pick up the slack.

Good. Expect a serious challenge from RBR next season then :thumbsup:

And for the rest of this season, leaving those Honda's behind...:p

I think this is good news, the team have now sorted out their drivers for 2008, so they can focus on improving the cars and getting some podiums.

I think DC will teach Webber how to speak up, like he sort of did with Lewis, and then when DC goes, Webber will pick up the slack.

Did you catch that interview F1 Racing did with DC and Webber a few months back? It was a good read - they were clearly comfortable together and joking around and stuff.

Bourdais hopes to clear F1 future at the end of the month
12 July 2007

Sebastien Bourdais enjoys a two-day test session with the Scuderia Toro Rosso team at Spa-Francorchamps this week. The Frenchman, currently third in the Champ Car series, hopes to compete in Formula 1 next season.

"It's all about timing and it's all about opportunities," Bourdais told GPUpdate.net about the chances of a career in Formula One. "I'm very thankful to the team that they gave me this chance so I can show what I can do. I had a lot of fun during my first day of testing, so that's great. But there are a lot of things that play a role in this game. We'll have to wait and see if the team is interested enough to offer me a seat for next season. It's up to them now."

Bourdais furthermore said about a possible career in F1: "Formula One has always been something I wanted to. That's the reason why I am here in Spa. At the moment it is impossible to say if I will be in Formula 1 next season or not because it's not in my hands. The only thing I can do right now is to do a good job and enjoy myself. At the end of this month I hope to know more about my future in F1."

Source

So Bourdais wants to be in F1 next year, but he is waiting for an offer from Toro Rosso, I thought they had already made him an offer. :?

If Ferrari decides to can Raikkonen, I think they will try to woo Hamilton. Just guessing ;)

Ron Dennis will keep Hamilton close to his heart :lol:

Signs aren't good for Liuzzi and Speed. Berger and Tost have both given their support to Bourdais....who was apparently as fast as the regular drivers in testing.

Berger is also impressed with Vettel, so perhaps a twin Sebastien attack next year for Toro Rosso is likely.

I can't see why Hamilton would ever want to leave McLaren. They'd have to offer him a huge amount of money. I think Ferrari would have no problems picking up angry Alonso. Then we'd see some awesome McLaren vs Ferrari races.

Man I hope ferrari picks angry Alonso and then we would have some great races:)