2008 Line-Up (Rumour Mill)

AFAIK according to the current concorde agreement they can't take part unless they build their own cars. That's what I gather from what various F1 publications have written but with the agreement being confidential I'm not sure anyone apart from those who have signed it know for sure...

Edit: That is, unless they get permission from all other teams. Getting their approval would change things...

Last edited:
A1GP boss interested in buying F1 team
12 October 2007

A1 Grand Prix boss Tony Teixeira says he is interested in buying into Formula One after he finalised a deael with Ferrari to supply engines to the World Cup of Motorsport series from 2008 onwards.

"I'm looking around and have been speaking to two or three different teams that might be up for sale," Teixeira told Reuters. "If I find the right deal that makes sense at the right price and I can get up to the top ten positions in F1 then I'll conclude a deal."

"I'm not going to do it to come last," the South African businessman added. "Toro Rosso is one of the teams."

He added that he was also interested in Spyker but stood aside for Vijay Mallya and Michiel Mol.

Source

Interesting, Red Bull might have to get rid of Toro Rosso if the Concorde agreement isn't changed and customer cars stay banned. I assume the third team he mentions would be Super Aguri.

The politics in f1 is getting more and more involved in the sporting portion of it, I mean, with the major technical changes and the retirement of experienced drivers, I wonder how it'll play out next season.

On the other hand, with all the changes they had made this year, there has been more racing and exciting moments on track then the past few seasons, one can only hope next year will be even better, with more "driver's" spec-ed cars and young blood ready to make a name for themselves.

This is whats going to happen if Prodrive, Super Aguri and/or STR have problems running next season.

Drivers are hopping mad

With the possibility that Formula 1 could be down to nine teams next season, due to the continued rumblings over customer cars, the sport?s organisers are looking at new ways of keeping up the action in 2008.

While the OWG (Overtaking Working Group) are doing their bit, a lesser known department, MIM (Mammals In Motorsport), has suggested that the involvement of wild animals in races could be the answer.

The scheme was trialled this week during qualifying for Australia?s premier tin-top race, the Bathurst 1000, when a kangaroo bounced along the road near the top of the Mount Panorama track while dodging touring cars doing close to 120mph.

The intention is to use sprightly animals, such as kangaroos and gazelles, while hedgehogs may be released into the hairpins to make the drivers wary of the possibility of punctures.

Animal welfare groups are, somewhat understandably, horrified, but MIM say that the animals would be offered as much protection as possible, with yellow flags being waved at the point of release and drivers facing a hefty points deduction for roadkill.

Most drivers are against the idea; keen hunter Ralf Schumacher is said to be one of the few in support of the plan.

Source

LMAO! These guys are amazing :p Who comes up with this shit? :D

That'll be great...:lol:... imagine a hedgehog being hit at 300kph on a straight, then the driver being penalised with a drive-thru... what will they think of next?

Deary Deary me!

I remember that, Da Matta got hurt pretty badly.

Here's an idea... have one uniform car design that everyone must race. Make it a template and call it "The Car of Tomorrow". The only differences will be the livery ULTIMATE PARITY. Maybe Jenson Button will actually win something. Stranger things have happened.

Here's an idea... have one uniform car design that everyone must race. Make it a template and call it "The Car of Tomorrow". The only differences will be the livery ULTIMATE PARITY. Maybe Jenson Button will actually win something. Stranger things have happened.

Thats a shithouse idea mate.

Sutil denies Toyota negotiations
15 October 2007

After Ralf Schumacher announced he will no longer race with the Toyota Formula 1 team next season rumours said it would be either Timo Glock or Adrian Sutil joining the Cologne based team. Sutil though now admits he is not negotiating a deal with Toyota at the moment.

Speaking about his future in Formula 1 Sutil told German newspaper Express: "There are no negotiations with Toyota. But in the future I would love to join a winning team. I am ready at any time."

Sutil has a contract until the end of 2008 with the Spyker Formula 1 team.

Source

I dont think Spyker would let Sutil go now. Not with the money coming in from India. Give him a decent car and a better team mate and he will fly.

1192528885.jpg

Massa to stay at Ferrari through 2010

By Matt Beer Tuesday, October 16th 2007, 09:54 GMT

Felipe MassaFerrari have announced that they have extended Felipe Massa's contract until the end of the 2010 season.

There had been rumours that Massa would have to leave the team to make way for Fernando Alonso if the Spaniard split with McLaren after this year, but Ferrari boss Jean Todt dismissed this speculation last month and insisted that the team were committed to Massa and Kimi Raikkonen.

Massa's new deal is also set to end continued suggestions that Alonso could join Ferrari for 2009, when the Brazilian's previous contract would have expired.

Raikkonen's Ferrari deal runs to the end of the 2009 season.

Massa has been contracted to Ferrari since 2001, but was initially placed with the Sauber team.

He was promoted to the Ferrari squad alongside Michael Schumacher last season, and has now taken five victories and eight pole positions for the team.

Source