2008 Line-Up (Rumour Mill)

^ If Alonso moves to BMW, then that could be the best news for Kubica as he may get a swap into the McLaren team.

So this is what the 2008 Drivers and Teams looks like so far, Could be a lot of changes for 08!

McLaren:
Hamilton
Alonso?

Ferrari:
Kimi
Massa?

BMW:
Heidfeld?
Kubica?

Honda:
Button
Barrichello

Red Bull:
Coulthard
Webber

Toro Rosso:
Vettel
Bourdais

Super Aguri:
Sato
Davidson?

Spyker:
Sutil?
Yamamoto?

Renault:
Kovalinan?
Fisichella?

Toyota:
Schumacher?
Trulli?

Williams:
Rosberg
Wurz?

Prodrive:
???
???

So far only Honda, RBR and STR have confirmed their 08 line ups.

Last edited:
One driver that I can see falling off the radar is Truilli. No-one ever mentions him because he is very quiet and never causes fuss. True he gets good quali results but he has always thrown that away within 5 laps and spends the rest of the race complaining to his engineer that he has "no grip no grip, it's hopeless"

Oh and anyone notice that Bourdais manager is Nicolas Todt??? Maybe a Ferrari drive will be on the cards if he impresses.

^ If Alonso moves to BMW, then that could be the best news for Kubica as he may get a swap into the McLaren team.
I'm a huge Kubica fan, but I'm not sure if I like the sound of that. Hopefully, BMW will continue to improve and eventually develop a race winning car for Heidfeld and Kubica.

^ Kubica is my fave driver and I'd love nothing more than to see him win in the best car. Remember, he is only 22 and has many years ahead of him.

Also, who do you think will take the Prodrive (Hopefully Aston Martin F1) seats?

Oh and anyone notice that Bourdais manager is Nicolas Todt??? Maybe a Ferrari drive will be on the cards if he impresses.

Nicolas Todt is also Massa's manager, I can't see Massa getting kicked out of Ferrari or Kimi either, Ferrari's line-up won't change.

And there is this news.

Liuzzi considering American switch
11 August 2007

Vitantonio Liuzzi is not surprised by Toro Rosso's decision to drop him next season, revealing the disharmony in the team. It was announced on Friday that three-time world champion Sebastian Bourdais will be coming from the Champ Car World Series to replace Liuzzi with the Italian admitting that he may even be going in the other direction.

Once dubbed a potential F1 star, Liuzzi has struggled this season at Toro Rosso, whose bosses have openly criticised Liuzzi and former team-mate Scott Speed. The American recently got dumped by the Faenza-based team to make way for Sebastian Vettel and with Bourdais' strong links at Toro Rosso, it seemed that Liuzzi's days were numbered.

"I expected it because the situation inside the team had been detiorating for a long while," Liuzzi told Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Italian's priority is to stay in F1 but admits he may have to consider his options across the pond if nothing comes up.

He added: "My main objective is to remain in F1, which was childhood dream of mine. I'm in contact with two other teams, otherwise I'll aim to race in America."

Spyker? Super Aguri? Pro Drive?

^ I still think Liuzzi is in with a chance of a Williams seat. He's better than the STR made him look.

Yes I also hope Liuzzi stays in the F1 paddock. I believe he is a decent steerer.

Next generation of F1 stars is Rosberg, Piquet Jnr, Vettel, Hamilton, Kubica and Sutil no doubt.

I reckon Wurz will be at Prodrive.....and maybe a ring-in?? I can't see De La Rosa getting the seat.

I dont think Wurz will be around next season. Just hasnt done enough for my liking.

He has outscored Rosberg.....while we all know why and it has been in strange circumstances. Results still talk.

Yeah, but he's 33, only scored a lucky podium, doesn't qualify well, hasnt had the bad luck Nico has had and with people like Liuzzi available, I just feel that Williams would be better off with someone like him.

I agree.......but will Williams?? :)

I don't really see the appeal on Luizzi, in my opinion he hasn't don't much to get a seat in Williams as people are saying. Even Scott Speed has done better than him this season.

Liuzzi is a talented driver who is in the wrong team. Many F1 websites agree with that and even write in articles that other teams will see past that.

He was put in RBR as a rotating driver, then shafted when Red Bull thought they'd be hurt in the press if they dumped an Austrian, then got put in STR for two seasons in a poor car. Has been replaced for next season and can finally try and build a proper career. He's young, he has time on his side still.

Liuzzi is a talented driver who is in the wrong team. Many F1 websites agree with that and even write in articles that other teams will see past that.

He was put in RBR as a rotating driver, then shafted when Red Bull thought they'd be hurt in the press if they dumped an Austrian, then got put in STR for two seasons in a poor car. Has been replaced for next season and can finally try and build a proper career. He's young, he has time on his side still.

and what about his performance compared to his teammate? He was pretty much equal to Speed, but everyone here bashes him and praises Luizzi. Remember, I'm not bashing him and want Speed back, I'm just saying none of them impressed me. The only way to compare a driver's talent is to compare him to his team mate, and they were pretty equal.

^ Yeah true, I'll give that to you, but compared to Speed, he kept his mouth shut.

Poor Liuzzi, it must be really hard to look good, when your car is so terrible. I only realized how shit the Torro Rosso was when Vettel raced it in Hungary.

Wonder if they are getting the full RBR/Renault package next season.