2008 Line-Up (Rumour Mill)

^ Because if they get that package, Bourdais and Vettel will do VERY well.

^ Because if they get that package, Bourdais and Vettel will do VERY well.

Is that a comment about my post or a response? :?

an bit of both :D

Speed returns to the USA
13 August 2007

Scott Speed will most likely continue his racing career in the United States. The American lost his seat to Sebastian Vettel last month and said he is now looking at the various options in American racing series to continue his racing career at home.

Even though Scuderia Toro Rosso might not wanted to keep Scott Speed as their driver in Formula 1, Red Bull might continue to support Speed's career. "I have had a great meeting with (Red Bull founder) Dietrich Matescihtz, who became very excited about the possibility of my racing back in the USA. We'll have to see where it leads," Speed said.

"I am coming back to American on a fact-finding tour, looking at the various racing series, and talking with some of the top American teams. Initial interest has been positive, so I look forward to having some productive chats and finding the right fit for me."

For Speed's racing career it might be a step back, but he is happy to return home. "I am jazzed about the thought of racing back home. I can't wait to see my family and friends in the USA, and to see where I'm most welcome and have the best opportunity for racing, and winning in front of my home crowds."

Source

I hope it's champ car, then he can battle with Doornbos next year.

Oh please don't let be another stereotypical american driver and go to Nascrap

Super Aguri is up for sale as well.

Super Aguri searching for investors
14 August 2007

Super Aguri team founder Aguri Suzuki has revealed the team is currently searching for an investor. The team is keen to sell shares in order to find a cash injection for their Japanese team.

The team is currently in talks with Spanish businessman Alejandro Agag, who recently bought a majority stake in the GP2 team Campos Grand Prix. Super Aguri team boss and founder Aguri Suzuki told autosport.com: "The team have not been sold but we are talking. He (Agag) is one of the few people that we are currently talking to. We met in Budapest for the first time after being introduced by Adrian Campos."

Source

And the Spyker story again...

Spyker considering F1 team sale
14 August 2007

Spyker Cars is considering selling some or all of its Formula One team as part of a strategic review to refinance the entire organisation, the Dutch sports car company revealed this evening.

Spyker Cars has received much negative publicity about the state of its finances in recent months and in a statement said it has been forced to source additional funds to secure its position and continue investments.

"Of the various refinancing scenarios being considered, the (partial) sale of the Formula One team is one possibility," Spyker Cars said in a statement.

Spyker's F1 director Michiel Mol is known to be considering buying the team and would therefore step down from his position as CEO and director to prevent a conflict of interest.

The refinancing is expected to be completed by the end of September.

Source

Spyker going up for sale is no surprise, I never expected them to stay in F1 for long. Good riddance to them...

Super Aguri I was expecting after Peter Windsor's announcement at the Hungary GP. Be interesting to see who buys each team and how they perform in 2008.

Why is Super Aguri selling their team? They are doing so well this year, well by their standards anyway

Why is Super Aguri selling their team? They are doing so well this year, well by their standards anyway

One of the reason Peter Windsor mentioned at the Hungarian GP was because Honda currently supply Super Aguri with engines for free, but Honda are going to discontinue to do this in the 2008 season. Super Aguri can't afford to buy engines...

^ Also Super Aguri saw the Honda they are getting next year (OH STOP IT!!)

Spyker, well no suprise there. Hope someone decent like EJ buys it back. Super Aguri, well if a Spaniard buys them, then would we see Alonso head there soon??

^ Also Super Aguri saw the Honda they are getting next year (OH STOP IT!!)

Spyker, well no suprise there. Hope someone decent like EJ buys it back. Super Aguri, well if a Spaniard buys them, then would we see Alonso head there soon??

No way, Alonso will stay in Mclaren or another championship winning car

and did you just dissed Honda? wow! Welcome to the club!

I hope it's champ car, then he can battle with Doornbos next year.

Oh please don't let be another stereotypical american driver and go to Nascrap

Even as a NASCAR fan, I'll have to agree that if Speed wants another shot at getting into F1, he should stay away. Wouldn't mind seeing him in sports cars, though...

I'm the opposite, I know Jense is good enough....but will Honda bounce back???

FACT: Honda will bounce back.