2008 Maserati Gran Turismo now the best looking car ever?

MadCat360

Forum Addict
Car(s)
*Carless* Waaahhh
I think it is. Smashes the 8c and Vantage by miles.

IMG_8599-maserati-gran-turismo.JPG

Sorry, the rear proportions are still off on that car. The rear deck is WAY too short.

Long way to go until it gets close to the E-Type it's (sort of) emulating:
jaguar-1963-e-type-roadster.jpg

Ugly rear end.

Stunning side panels and the front bumper design though.

I really hate those 3 vents on the side on that beautiful car. But wont say it's the best looking car ever. It's just damn sexy for a car to be ;)

Chris

I disagree... while a good looking car, this new Maser just looks too weird to be the most beautiful car of all time.

A car worthy of that designation has to have flowing lines and pleasant curves. The GranTurismo is attractive in the same way Arnold Schwarznegger is attractive.

Good looking; yes. Best looking ever; no.

Some say that front grill is a bit too big. And its got bit too much front overhang, if I can nitpick. I think thats ped-safety related.

Want one though.

It's a stunning car - but the 'best looking'? That's a huge call. IMHO the 8C's a better looker.

thats a beautiful car
but the 8c is just in a different league
its so subtle yet so incredibly effective
its beautifully and classically proportioned
albeit the gran turismo is stunning, but the 8c is just breathtaking

and as for the aston, its gorgeous
and has a badge and engine note that just does stuff to me

It does look fantastic, and yes, it gives the 8C a run for his money

But prettiest car ever? Not a chance.

The weird stuck out mouth/grille ruins it's chances.

Sorry, the rear proportions are still off on that car. The rear deck is WAY too short.

Long way to go until it gets close to the E-Type it's (sort of) emulating:
jaguar-1963-e-type-roadster.jpg

yeah, but the E-type doesn't touch the heels of
Porsche-356_5121060.jpg

or
SC06_1957_Mercedes-Benz_300SL_Gullwing.jpg

or
gtofront2.jpeg

or

E-type is overrated imho

Can I nominate Ferrari F40?

Function over form.

I'd take the 288 over the F40 any day.
And i agree on most things said about the Maser. Rear too short, front too long, grille too large, vents look rubbish.

Last edited:
Not the best looking but is one of the best looking cars that is currently in production. It also fits in very well IMO. You could thrash it around a track, drive around Monaco and/or use it as GT car and take long trips in it.

it does look astonishing, but definitely not the best looking car ever

top 100, I'd say

It's gorgeous, but the e-type, db4, 300SL, and some others are slightly prettier :D

I think it is. Smashes the 8c and Vantage by miles.

Just because you think it is doesn't make it fact. It's good looking, but to say its the best is highly debateable. Most ppl will still argue w you that the Vantage is still better looking.

Can I nominate Ferrari F40?

Function over form.

That doesn't make sense. We're talking about a purely 'looks' discussion and you bring up a car which in your own words is more 'function over form' which translates too 'its great, but because of what it can do, not because of how it looks'.

There's tons of "best looking car ever" threads. For me, the Gran Turismo isn't even in the top 100.