Ownership Verified: 2008 MINI Cooper S - autocrossing car

In the great parts race, some have already arrived in state. Looks like my gauge and antenna will be delivered first. Awesome news, though the cup that will hold the gauge is slated to be the LAST part to arrive >_<

New antenna installed. Waiting on the gauge cup to install the boost gauge, but it looks wicked nice.

Here's before:
BE_yy9xCIAADAR9.jpg

And here's after!
BE_y7ZDCIAAbJbe.jpg

BFG79mjCcAAZhPG.jpg:large

All mocked up for Sunday. Cannot wait to get this installed and working!

743805119.jpg

Two MINIs in the rain. The British Racing Green is my friend Branden's. It's getting an aftermarket intake put on Sunday. My car behind it, waiting for one more part so we can install the boost gauge! My car got new rotors at all four corners today, and rear pads. Pictures when it's NOT pouring rain.

Installed the gauge yesterday. Only problem is there were no vacuum lines to tap in to, so I have to wait on an adaptor that hooks into my manifold, rather than drilling a hole in it. Regardless, the gauge gets power and works, only it doesn't read anything just yet. Should just be a couple more days.

It works! 11lbs of boost (official number from the factory is 0.8 bar, or 11.6lbs) without the overboost kicking in. Very happy to finally have this installed. Only caused myself to bleed once.

Last edited:
As you can see in the video before, my boost gauge was crooked. Well, that was bothering me so much that I fixed it today. No picture yet today. I also was getting this weird needle chattering that my friend Branden and I figured out was due to turbulence in the boost line. The solution? The cotton from the end of a Q-Tip, placed in the line near the gauge. It smooths out the air flow. I also helped him fix his non-functional rear-wiper sprayer. Good day overall!

Okay. I want the green check next to my car, so I'm gonna post a proof picture soon.

Could a mod also please edit the initial post (for some reason I can't) to say there are pictures, they're just lower down? Thanks in advance, if so.

Also, MINI got her summer shoes on a few weeks ago and it is GOOD to have grip! Won't have to worry about putting winter tires on anymore... I'm giving them to my sister. I'm not gonna need them in Florida! I'll be moving later this week.

ery5uqa3.jpg
uze7u4y8.jpg

Figured I should finally get my Verified check. MINI is very happy down here in Orlando! Getting 33 to 35 mph in everyday driving. Though, I will be turning in my front and rear CT plates soon and replacing them with a rear-only FL plate.

Should I go clean front, or get a UK/England EU style plate to go on the front? Opinions are always welcome!

Surely you mean 33-35 mpg? 33-35 mph is either too fast or too slow for Orlando traffic.

Well, as a fellow Floridian with a car that's got the holes from a northern state that requires front plates, I'd get a UK plate. I'm quite fond of my dodgy Norwegian front license plate, and a Mini with a plan white UK plate on the front would, in my opinion, look fantastic.

Curses! Autocorrected again!

I'm not sure if I'd go with a plain white, or I'd go with the optional ENG or UK plate. The England plate has the red cross on white standard, and the UK would either have the EU stars or the Union Jack.

I think I'd go with a plain white plate, no euro-band. Especially since your car's also white. It would just throw an extra colour on there that you could do without, since you've got the whole white/black thing going on.

ebunuqyr.jpg

Had to share this sunset from my drive home from work today.

Quick update, no picture yet, but I am no longer legally obligated to have a front license plate :)

That looks good. Do you get Modern Mini Magazine over in the States ? It's pretty good for modifications, I did the Isle of Man TT circuit recently in a white JCW Roadster, that was published by them and also MotorPunk Magazine :)

I don't know but I will have to find out!

Sitting at MINI dealership right now. Was due for an oil change, and I was notified of a turbo heat shield recall, so I figured I'd have the dealership do it all at once. My warranty is up soon, so I'm also having them look at a clattering noise from the engine when I'm turning. Sound reminds me of when my timing chain wasn't taunt and decided to destroy some plastic guide tabs a few months ago. It may have also caused my main water pump to fail, or that happening at the same time may have been a coincidence. So I've got my computer here and I'm waiting. Good news is I'll get it back nice and washed, so I can get a picture of it clean without any front plate on it.

1.75 hours down. Who knows how many more to go. Got here at 8AM local. At least there's free Mini Melts (no, I'm not kidding)