2008 Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix

I would say it is 14:00 as the F1 website is pretty much right - also don't expect channel 10 (or is that when) to show a F1 race live :)

14:00 as usual

What's the weather been looking like?

The BBC has every driver and his dog saying it's going to rain, and therefore the race is going to be "pile-up-tastic" (admittedly my terminology, not the beebs!).

Should certainly make it interesting...

The latest predictions I read said a dry quali and a wet race.
Actually, rain is very likely on Sunday.

Friday weather update - rain more likely than not in Monaco

Thursday?s practice sessions in Monte Carlo may have been fine and dry, but it seems rain may yet affect qualifying, the race, or perhaps even both. Weather prediction is notoriously difficult in Monaco?s ?microclimate?, but most forecasts are currently suggesting at least a 60 percent chance of rain.

Saturday is expected to be cloudy with possible showers and highs of around 19 degrees Celsius, while on Sunday the risk of rain is expected to increase dramatically, with temperatures dropping to around 17 degrees.

The Formula One field has yet to experience a wet race in 2008. Furthermore, should rain fall during Sunday?s event, it will be the first Grand Prix run in such conditions since the abolition of traction control at the start of this season, a factor that could have a major impact on the result, given the already miniscule margin for error around the Monaco streets.

The race runs over 78 laps or 260.520 kilometres (161.887 miles) and will start at 1400 hours local time, which is 1200 hrs GMT.

Please.... please.... please...
Nothing is possible without prayer, my children. We learned this a few months ago:
Let us all get crunk and pray to the Malaysian sky god, so he may make it rain on dem hoes.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=DOK0HXS5a4w[/youtube]
Amen.

Therefore, let us all get crunk and pray to the Mon?gasque sky god, so he may make it rain... on dem hoes.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=DOK0HXS5a4w[/youtube]
Can I get an Amen!?!

Do it. :p

No way, Alonso will take P1 with 10 laps of fuel, and Piquet will take P2 with 3 laps of fuel. Piquet will drive really slowly (as he is prone to) so that Alonso gets a 40 second lead. Then Alonso will cruise home for his third consecutive Monaco GP win.

^

Somehow I don't think Piquet is gonna take P2.

But a wet race is gonna be awesome, especially in Monaco.

AnGuRuSo does have a point in that the Renault of Alonso is one to watch out for. He won't challenge in the race for a podium but he will challenge in qualifying as they won't fuelling him heavy at all.

FP3 has just begun.
The track is wet.

Track looks to be pretty dry, maybe a bit damp in places but hopefully qualifying is dry. Hamilton has just gone fastest ahead of Kovalainen, and wow that McLaren is looking hooked up! I almost hope it stays dry for the race as well...

Kova damaged his right rear wheel, red flag.
Now it's green flag again but it looks it has started to rain.

Watching the onboard cameras, they still look so fast - even though Monaco + wet track is probably the slowest combination of the season.

Fair enough, well he's quickest anyway. Track looked pretty greasy, was awesome watching an onboard of Kubica (as best as I can with 256k, but that'll be changing soon -woot!) and how he was slipping and sliding through the barriers was terrific.

Quali is gonna be the bomb....