2008 or 2009 Audi TT... RS... plans get scrapped, info pg.2

I love that Autoscoops.net one. I just looks so 'right'.

Nice, but one word of warning if they ever think about selling it in the UK...
the name... TT RS .. add a few letters are it spells.......

.. T*T* about *RS* (censored for anyone under the age of 19!)

What about RS-TED?

transtek said:
Nice, but one word of warning if they ever think about selling it in the UK...
the name... TT RS .. add a few letters are it spells.......

.. T*T* about *RS* (censored for anyone under the age of 19!)

Tits Arse?

it's perfect then!! the name echos two of the things that blokes love most!!

hanasand said:
Thought I'd add the illustration. Must say it looks fantastic

http://img86.imageshack.**/img86/257/audittrsw1ui.jpg

It looks very angry. :thumbsup:
Audi did a better job of intergrating the carp mouth grill on this design.

UMass said:
hanasand said:
Thought I'd add the illustration. Must say it looks fantastic

http://img86.imageshack.**/img86/257/audittrsw1ui.jpg

It looks very angry. :thumbsup:
Audi did a better job of intergrating the carp mouth grill on this design.
Thats just a photo edited image. We hope thats the what Audi will make the TT RS look like :D

"Audi stuffs half a Gallardo V-10 into its new coupe

Audi will equip its new TT coupe with one half of the Gallardo's 513-horsepower, 5.0-liter V-10 to create a car being developed under the working name TT-Lambo.

The resulting 2.5-liter five-cylinder is already being used, sort of, in the 150-horsepower Volkswagen Golf and Jetta. But the quattro TT-Lambo gets a bespoke cylinder head and a turbocharger said to be capable of making it the most powerful TT ever- at more than 350 horsepower.

When will we see it? That's unknown right now, but 2009 is a well-educated guess for release date.

What does it replace? Nothing. The hard-core TT Quattrosport, a 240-horsepower, 1.8-liter turbo with no rear seat, built near the end of the old TT's production run and never imported to the U.S., is the only thing that comes close.

Apart from the engine, what else will we get? A six-speed manual gearbox for sure. A new DSG for transverse-engine Audis isn't ready to go, so that's an issue. Expect extra wings and spoilers and a brake upgrade, with optional cermaic brakes possible. Wheels will be 19- or 20-inch." -Todd Lassa

"...and that's not all

Audi's model range being aggressively expanded

-R8 Spyder: A convertible version of the mid-engine R8 has been approved for the 2009 calendar year.

-A5: This is the next A4 convertible and a coupe, the latter of which was considered for the current A4, but never approved. All A5s will be two-doors, except...

-A5 Sportback: A four-door hatch, not quite as wagonlike as the A4 Avant, this is the production version of the Roadjet 2006 Detroit show car.

-DSG Gearboxes: Dual-shift gearboxes specific to Audi's new longitudinal-engine cars (differentials will be moved forward of the gearbox) will have six or seven gears, depending on the power, and may replace automatics [in Audi's lineup]. Look for them in the next A4, A6, and A8, plus in the new A5 and Q5." -Todd Lassa

source http://www.autospies.com/news/Audi-TT-RS-Facts-7927

HAHAHAHAHAHA See I was right all along

Just wondering, isnt this going to be something like the cayman. To fill the cap between the TT and the R8.
Cause if they make it to fast it will compete with the R8 (ok one is front engined and the other mid engined but still)

DaOne said:
Just wondering, isnt this going to be something like the cayman. To fill the cap between the TT and the R8.

The Gap between the TT and the R8 is much MUCH bigger than that of the Boxster and 911. I don't think the TT RS is intended to be a "Gap filler".

the RS version won't be made

Audi has scrapped plans for a high-performance variant of its TT sports car, according to the latest issue of the U.K.'s Auto Express. The decision was made in order to leave space for the R8 supercar, the report said. This summer, several European publications reported a range-topping model called the TT RS would debut in 2008 with a 300+ horsepower five- or six-cylinder engine. But according to this new report, the recently-introduced Audi's TT S-Line package will be the sportiest version of the car offered for the foreseeable future.

The reason why: the cost and performance would be to close to R8. Later you would be saying ?why would anyone buy the TT RS when for a few thousand more the could get the basic R8 that?s faster, better handling, and gives massages?

So they won't make a TT RS but I bet they'll make an R8 RS somewhere down the line because the regular R8 is just not hardcore enough IMO...

this is like a Cayman/911 interaction, why not make, or atleast market, them differently enough to attract different buyers?

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
So they won't make a TT RS but I bet they'll make an R8 RS somewhere down the line because the regular R8 is just not hardcore enough IMO...

They still need people to buy these things and even in Germany not everybody can afford the superexpensive version of an already expensive car.