2008 Scion xD

ChelsDS

xD
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler
2008 Scion xD SSM, very little modifications done since the car came out right before the financial woes of the US and then the world, hence not many parts. Mostly cosmetic changes.

I have 18" Konig Maxxim Deadlines (rip offs of the Work XD9 :love: ), rear anti-sway bar, lowering springs, and a TRD Exhaust. That's about it for non cosmetic add-ons. Vinyl overlay on the front bumper and lower lip, overlays on the rear tail lights, shark fin antenna and.. obviously tint :lol:

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

And... today... :cry: :cry:

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

The story:
http://chelsart.com/accident/map.jpg

9:40 AM I was in the #1 lane (right next to the curb) and a woman in a Ford Escape was to my left, #2 lane. Both lanes go straight on to the freeway after the intersection, however, my lane as the option of turning right to go down the street. This woman (out of state in a rental car) thought both cars had to turn right, so when the light turned green (we were stopped at a red light) she turned right in to me. That Escape must've had a V6 or something or I was late to accelerate because I just barely remember seeing her car crunch in to mine. Luckily a very very VERY kind woman behind me saw everything and stuck around for the cop to show up to give her witness statement.

I'm fine, car isn't obviously. My right wrist hurts from grabbing on to the wheel and trying to keep it from heading in to the curb, neck and shoulder area hurt too. Went to the doctors already (2 fucking hours of waiting..) and got a tyenol-codine drug combo for the pain AND a free wrist brace! :D

So yea... I have to think there is at least some damage to my frame, not enough to total it but she smacked my fender area really well and moved my hood over. I'll be so sad if I loose my car... :cry:

Wow, bad luck! I hope you get it all worked out without too much trouble.

Yeeouch! Hope it comes out okay (you, car, etc)

a girl with modified suspension? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I know right?

What, like a stiffly-spring bra?

Going over bumps actually sorta.. hurts my gals. Depends on the severity of the bump though.

Some girls are quite sporty! :D

Serious damage there, expensive alloys ruined.

Konigs aren't expensive. The whole setup (Nitto NeoGen and Konig Maxxim Deadlines) cost me ~$1200. Had I gotten Work XD9's, it would've been $1200 for the RIMS, no rubber.

I'm fine, but my wrist is really starting to hurt. Thankfully the doc I saw gave me a wrist brace :)

- - -

Oh, who else can say their car has been on a billboard? ;)

austinBillboard.jpg

bb_xd_download.jpg

Last edited:
I hated the xD when it first came out...grown to like it more and more. I dig those black-out vinyls on the front. I even don't hate the wheels! *laughs*

Too bad about the idiot driver.

Shame about the accident. Nice little car though.

Yup, I am on SL but its becoming a shitty site so I only go there to see if new things have been released for the xD.

Those wheels were a last minute decision last May actually :lol: Good decision huh? ;D

Though I still think it would be awesome to get a 2010 Subaru STI :love: :love: :love: Can't afford that though :cry:

Eh, just use the insurance settlement as a down payment on that STI.

D:
D:
*points* wheel not round no more

I wonder how well those wheels would work on my car....

Question: Did you do what my sister did with a similar incident and drive it home like that with the radio turned up?
Because that's what my sister did, she lost the tire and made the rim fubar'd.

That?s a prety nice car. I am also impressed that a girl spent money on performance parts for a car.
Glad to hear you are OK and will be 100% in no time.
As for the wrist: :hug:

That?s a prety nice car. I am also impressed that a girl spent money on performance parts for a car.
Glad to hear you are OK and will be 100% in no time.
As for the wrist: :hug:

Really? Is it that shocking that a girl spent money for performance parts? :lol:

I've been wanting a CAI for my car since it came out by Fujita, but their dyno sheet for the two different tests are different to the point that it would affect the readings, which is rather STUPID. So waiting to see who else is making one, and or has made one, for my car. K&N has made a SRI but... that will draw in hot air instead of nice cool air, which again is STUPID. Thought of making my own CAI (bending a pipe, filter, etc.) but I don't know how :(

Will not waste money on putting a turbo on my car. Why turbo a $16k car? Stupid. Put that would-be turbo money towards a down payment on a factory turbo'ed car instead (STI!! :love: ) Plus the gains of putting a turbo on a car like mine is barely worth it :lol:

Ty for the well wishes :3 :love:

I wonder how well those wheels would work on my car....

they're a 5x100/114.3 bolt pattern, 18x7.5 rim. So.. unless you have a car that can take a 5x100 wheel or 5x114.3, I think not :)

Last edited:
Yup, I am on SL but its becoming a shitty site so I only go there to see if new things have been released for the xD.

I think I get dumber every time I visit SL. Some of the older, original tech write-ups are useful but the majority of people that post there now are just...retarded. Sorry about the car.

I think I get dumber every time I visit SL. Some of the older, original tech write-ups are useful but the majority of people that post there now are just...retarded. Sorry about the car.
Popularity is the worst thing that happened to SL.

You get a couple "wikkyd tyte dorifto" kids who tell all their friends, coupled with the volatile Scion image, and it's just a huge recipe for disaster. I'll consult the tech articles on that site, but other than that, I don't touch it with a ten foot pole anymore... which is sad, considering how much of my time I spent on it when it didn't suck.