Ownership Verified: 2008 Seat Leon 1.4 TSI

Nice Leon, I've got the same in Black. I've also retrofitted Nav to mine. Am looking at adding cruise but unsure what is required. Is it just a case of fitting the stalk then having it coded in?

Nice Leon, I've got the same in Black. I've also retrofitted Nav to mine. Am looking at adding cruise but unsure what is required. Is it just a case of fitting the stalk then having it coded in?

Yes basically. As long as you have the mid range steering control module you just need the stalk and it coded. Wasn't a massive job, you could do it in an hour with the right tools. The main tool you'll need is the appropriate size spline bit to remove the steering wheel. Remember to leave the battery disconnected for a while before doing it so the airbag doesn't go off in your face.

Thanks for that, will look into getting it done in the future. Ideally I'd like to retrofit a MFSW and the Highline instrument cluster at the same time but the latter is proving hard to get hold of.

Its a nice car though, not many of them about and drives really well :)

And since I last posted in this thread, I too have bought a 1.4 TSI. Three of us now. Should we start a club?

Thanks for that, will look into getting it done in the future. Ideally I'd like to retrofit a MFSW and the Highline instrument cluster at the same time but the latter is proving hard to get hold of.

Its a nice car though, not many of them about and drives really well :)

I've done the wheel myself but as you say I am so far failing to find an instrument cluster.

Speaking of satnavs. Blaupunkt just brought out this:

It's called Philadelphia 835 and is especially tailored for VAG cars. According to Blaupunkt it supports every feature that the stock VAG radios do. This should mean multifunction steering wheel, climatronic integration, park assist display, clock, outside temp, etc. Not to mention displaying audio, phone and satnav related stuff in the gauge cluster display. Probably a couple of other things too which I can't think of off of the top of my head.

Somehow I doubt that Blaupunkt managed to pull off all of that with 100% seamless integration, but it would be really interesting to try one.

Last edited:
I checked with the importer and it doesn't support the gauge cluster display. :(

I've done the wheel myself but as you say I am so far failing to find an instrument cluster.

Yeah it only seems to be diesel ones that come on eBay. Shame as it would be a nice upgrade

And since I last posted in this thread, I too have bought a 1.4 TSI. Three of us now. Should we start a club?

Nice! They are a well kept secret as I think its actually the best engine in the Leon range. Sensible running costs and enough power to have a little fun

Speaking of satnavs. Blaupunkt just brought out this:

It's called Philadelphia 835 and is especially tailored for VAG cars. According to Blaupunkt it supports every feature that the stock VAG radios do. This should mean multifunction steering wheel, climatronic integration, park assist display, clock, outside temp, etc. Not to mention displaying audio, phone and satnav related stuff in the gauge cluster display. Probably a couple of other things too which I can't think of off of the top of my head.

Somehow I doubt that Blaupunkt managed to pull off all of that with 100% seamless integration, but it would be really interesting to try one.

Looks interesting but could be expensive. I've got an RNS 310 in mine which is manufactured by Blaupunkt for VW, Skoda and SEAT. Works well and relatively cheap of eBay

null_zps6151a316.jpg

I went with my friend to a VR6 rolling road day and they had a free slot so I got the Leon dyno'd.
It produced 116bhp at 4800rpm and 195nm at 2100rpm at the wheels which isn't bad.
The flywheel numbers were 140.6bhp and 231nm although obviously the reliability of these is questionable.

Looks interesting but could be expensive. I've got an RNS 310 in mine which is manufactured by Blaupunkt for VW, Skoda and SEAT. Works well and relatively cheap of eBay

null_zps6151a316.jpg

Yeah, I've seen those. The're called "columbus" and "amundsen" in Skoda lingo iirc.

I don't think I'll ever change my head unit out though. Everything's integrated with everything else and I'm scared to lose some functionality, such as the flawless bluetooth integration. Some people are less than impressed with the bluetooth in their cars, so I guess I got lucky with my car/phone combo. :p

With the MFSW did you have to change the steering wheel controller at the same time? Mine seems to have the 1K0 953 549 BN controller which apparently won't support the MFSW.

How did the highline computer retrofit go by the way?

With the MFSW did you have to change the steering wheel controller at the same time? Mine seems to have the 1K0 953 549 BN controller which apparently won't support the MFSW.

How did the highline computer retrofit go by the way?

Yeah I did have to change it to a better controller. The retrofit went pretty smoothly, no real problems.