Ownership Verified: 2008 Seat Leon 1.4 TSI

Peter3hg

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Honda Hornet CB600S
To replace the Saab :cry:
It is a 1.4 turbo putting out 125bhp and some torque.
It is a hell of a lot more fun to drive than the Saab even though it is considerably slower.
I've got an original Seat satnav/media player to replace the crappy stereo in it as well as cruise control to retrofit. I got a nice refund from the insurance as well.
I'll put a proof post up when the satnav is installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad car, one of the best Golfs you can buy :p

Vertical windscreen wipers. All else is unimportant. :p

Yes, so that when your windscreen is full of water and you turn them on, the first thing they do is push MORE water onto the windscreen...

Nice ride. A former colleague of mine is selling his black TDi FR Leon at the moment and it's very tempting but I prefer food and holidays.

Where were the pics taken? Looks a little like the Rivington area.

Where were the pics taken? Looks a little like the Rivington area.

It is on the edge of the Peak District looking out over Manchester and the Cheshire Plain.

Yes, they're the most ridiculous idea ever, but come on! Vertical windscreen wipers! :p

Count me in as another who digs the vertical wipers.

Satnav partially installed with proof.
I just need to work out the combination required to create a DVD-R it will actually read now. Using MP3 CDs to fill up the HDD would be very tedious.

If I ever had to replace my Alfa with a VAG product, this would be it. But with a different engine. Anyway, congrats on a nice ride :)

Insurance mainly. A year it is twice the cost of this to insure (?650 extra) and it was going to need 4 new tyres very soon (?500+) and a new cambelt (?350). It just seemed the right time. The Saab felt like it was going to need some other bits of work soon as well, it was developing a few worrying knocks and rattles.

Cruise Control stalk fitted (but not yet coded).

cruise.jpg

And people complain that the stalks on my Benz are crowded and complex.... :p

My stalks are the very same ones, and the only crowded thing about them is the labelling. Some smartass thought it necessary to put a label for every setting there is.

For actually using them they're fairly simple - just move either stalk in either of the four directions to get one of 9 / 20 different positions, use one of the five push-buttons, or fiddle with the two multi-position thingies at the top. Not crowded at all :cool:
I prefer that to the extra CC stalk I had in my Poop-geot for example.

Me and a few friends pooled together to get a genuine Vag Com cable so I've now got my Cruise Control enabled and a few annoying features like the auto locking doors turned off.
I also like the ridiculous amount of data it can log, although I doubt the torque figure it produces are that accurate. Lets me produce some crappy power curves though.

Installed the rest of the upgrades. The Sat Nav is now working, bluetooth is installed along with a steering wheel with buttons. Also a proper proof picture finally.

How are those windscreen wipers working in real life?

The reason I ask is that I've driven a couple of cars with a single wiper. I found it a bit annoying when all the water got pushed down in front of you and then blown up into your face as the wiper blade returns to park itself on the passenger side. A "normal" wiper pushes water out of the way.