2008 Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix

Trulli diving into the pits straight after his spin looked a little funny!

Looks like they've done quite a good job with the track layout too - not sure how many genuine overtaking opportunities there are, but it's certainly (imho) a much better layout than Valencia. Some interesting combinations of corners.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/09/26/fp1.PNG

Second practice starts in an hour. Which might be a problem for Barrichello and Webber, since they both crashed.

The track layout looks pretty good, but that's what we were told about Valencia as well. The scenic backdrop is fantastic, however.

And based on current form, I would put my money on Renault beating Toyota to 4th in the WCC this year.

And here's a little image of webber's chat with the wall:

1.jpg

Here's the last corner (the exit) that kept spinning the cars... There's something suspiciously slippery there :?

2.jpg

I had no ticket, but i walked where i could outside the track just off andersen bridge and the esplanade drive. fucking fantastic. i had no ear plugs (bad idea, i know), so now i'm deaf, i smell like burnt rubber, but boy do i feel great!

It's definetely spectacular, let's hope we'll see some overtakings.

Hello guys !

Speaking to you guys from Hougang, Singapore :p

Though 99.9% of people in FG dont know where it is :lol:

heh, but i do!

awesome awesome awesome. i'm loving this! <3

heh, but i do!

awesome awesome awesome. i'm loving this! <3
Hehehe, so where're you from ? Channel 5 commentators suck. BIG TIME.

Lively time for the drivers out there.

Couple of hurdles :

-Nighttime race
-Counter clockwise running
-New track, by now only ran a handful of rounds.

I think its the hardest GP for the drivers this whole calender.

To let you peeps have a idea of how bad our commentating is on national TV...

One of the wankers pronounced Heikki Kovalainen as HELLI KOVALIEN.

At this rate they might as well call Massa as Phillip Messa.

Seriously.

EDIT: More jokes..

Nico rosEberg.

Sparks flying out from bottom of webber's car = some sort of electrical problem.

:facepalm:

Last edited:
wow.. alonso.. i hate FP.. they play it so tricky... who knows who will be op top, excited for tomorrow.

^^ Some TV commentators really are a joke. But I suspect that they use local commentators now just because it's their race, right?

Aaanyway...

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/09/26/fp2.PNG

Hehehe, so where're you from ? Channel 5 commentators suck. BIG TIME.

Lively time for the drivers out there.

Couple of hurdles :

-Nighttime race
-Counter clockwise running
-New track, by now only ran a handful of rounds.

I think its the hardest GP for the drivers this whole calender.

I'm from the east, marine parade area.

omg the commentators! I WANTED TO MURDER THEM SO BADLY! He totally butchered Heikki's name! And wtf is tay ping hui doing the commentary for? Oh christ.

but that aside, this has been an awesome night! :D

To let you peeps have a idea of how bad our commentating is on national TV...

One of the wankers pronounced Heikki Kovalainen as HELLI KOVALIEN.

At this rate they might as well call Massa as Phillip Messa.

Seriously.

EDIT: More jokes..

Nico rosEberg.

Sparks flying out from bottom of webber's car = some sort of electrical problem.

:facepalm:

Exactly, I had to switch on to ESPN Star after 15mins! At least Slater knows what he's talking about..

^^ Some TV commentators really are a joke. But I suspect that they use local commentators now just because it's their race, right?

Aaanyway...

Not quite local, sound American to me, but I may be wrong. Alonso pulled a nice last practice lap. It'll be an interesting quali and race and I can't wait as I'll be there :D

As others mentioned, hope it won't be as boring as Valencia.

I walked under the esplanade drive stretch when there were several cars going over, and the sound was just... EPIC. I swear i could have stood there for the entire length of time and gone deaf, i wouldn't mind at all. It's like a giant amplifier, standing under that stretch. Try it out some time, it's heavenly! LOL.

I'll be at the Singapore Cricket Club, just near the Anderson Bridge. Hopefully if there's any action, it'll happen there ;)

Here's a little compilation of images from the stream for those who couldn't watch Friday Practice 2 (and for some extra colour to the thread).

I'll kick off with the beautiful night scenery.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The pits

Pits.jpg

A really bumpy track provided some spectacular sparks (no electrical failures here)

Sparks.jpg

Nelson Piquet scraping the wall

Piq.jpg

And some Toyota sliding

toy1.jpg

into the wall :lol:

toy2.jpg