2008 Spanish Formula 1 Grand Prix

1) Pole and Race Winner? Massa, Hamilton
2) BMW are leading the constructors championship, will they still be there after this race? Nope.
3) Where will the following finish? Fisichella 17, Alonso 8, Hamilton 1 and Glock DNF.
4) What lap will the fastest lap be set on? (Closest guess gets a free smile) 45
5) Honda are meant to introduce a new update here, will it push them into the top 10? Probably.
6) How many Safety Cars will we see this race? One.

Racing slicks...
Massa's best time of 1:18.339 put him 2.7 seconds ahead of Honda test driver Alex Wurz, who also set his best time on slick tyres.
McLaren's Pedro de la Rosa, who also tried out slicks, was third fastest, but over three seconds off Massa's pace. The Spaniard was the busiest man today with 113 laps covered.
All drivers, except BMW's Nick Heidfeld and Toyota's Timo Glock, sampled the new tyres today.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66639

Yeah...

I know Mclaren were using a low down force wing, so it was hard to get the power on.

1) Pole and Race Winner? Massa, Kimi
2) BMW are leading the constructors championship, will they still be there after this race? No
3) Where will the following finish? Fisichella, Alonso, Hamilton and Glock. 12, 8, 3/4, 7
4) What lap will the fastest lap be set on? (Closest guess gets a free smile) 19th
5) Honda are meant to introduce a new update here, will it push them into the top 10? Yes
6) How many Safety Cars will we see this race? 2

1) Pole and Race Winner?
2) BMW are leading the constructors championship, will they still be there after this race?
3) Where will the following finish? Fisichella, Alonso, Hamilton and Glock.
4) What lap will the fastest lap be set on? (Closest guess gets a free smile)
5) Honda are meant to introduce a new update here, will it push them into the top 10?
6) How many Safety Cars will we see this race?

1) Kimi and Kimi.
2) No, Ferrari will take the lead.
3) Fisi - 15th, Alonso - 6th, Hamilton - 2nd, Glock - 12th.
4) 49.
5) No.
6) 0.

Weather forecast Spain: Rain on Saturday and Sunday
23 April 2008

The Spanish Grand Prix could become the first wet race in the 2008 Formula 1 season. Forecasts in Spain predict rain on Saturday and Sunday while it should remain dry all day on Friday.

Formula 1 teams are used to brilliant weather in Spain, but this year's Spanish Grand Prix will not be as sunny as usual. Temperatures are expected to stay as low as 19 degrees Celsius on Friday and even a bit lower on Saturday and Sunday.

Last week rain interrupted the team's test at Circuit de Catalunya.
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/04/23/weather-forecast-spain-rain-on-saturday-and-sunday/
There is a god :)

Yea yea yea, they said that about malaysia too, even halfway through the race. I'll believe it when i see kimi spear into a wall at 170M/H.

Yea yea yea, they said that about malaysia too, even halfway through the race. I'll believe it when i see kimi spear into a wall at 170M/H.

or make that Alonso...:mrgreen:

McLaren usually do better than Ferrari in the wets, now that this weather forecast has come out, I don't know who I should place my money on...:(
if it was dry then it'd be Ferrari for sure, but now at least it'd make things interesting~:rolleyes:

It's only FP1, but I hope Renault will be around 6-7th place in quali too.
I think we're gonna see a clear Ferrari-McLaren-BMW order this weekend, without much on track action. Oh yeah, it's Barcelona...

FP1 results from the Live Timing on Formula1.com:

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/04/25/SpanishGP_FP1.JPG

Hm.... I normally dont take FP1's result too seriously. Sandbagging is common among the top drivers, so I tend to ignore most of the practice times.

But anyway, its good to know that Ferrari has the pace to dominate(?).

Last edited:
FP2 Results

1 K. R?ikk?nen Ferrari 1:21.935 38
2 N. Piquet jr. Renault 1:22.019 38
3 F. Alonso Renault 1:22.032 26
4 K. Nakajima Williams 1:22.172 35
5 F. Massa Ferrari 1:22.229 32
6 M. Webber Red Bull 1:22.238 36
7 N. Rosberg Williams 1:22.266 33
8 D. Coulthard Red Bull 1:22.289 30
9 G. Fisichella Force India F1 1:22.383 38
10 A. Sutil Force India F1 1:22.548 38
11 L. Hamilton McLaren 1:22.685 33
12 R. Kubica BMW 1:22.788 38
13 N. Heidfeld BMW 1:23.130 40
14 J. Trulli Toyota 1:23.224 34
15 J. Button Honda 1:23.263 34
16 H. Kovalainen McLaren 1:23.264 8
17 R. Barrichello Honda 1:23.415 31
18 S. Vettel Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:23.661 35
19 S. Bourdais Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:23.684 37
20 T. Glock Toyota 1:23.883 40
21 T. Sato Super Aguri 1:25.110 30
22 A. Davidson Super Aguri 1:25.163 31

Both Renaults in top three, I hope they did improve.

Well Raikonen on pole, Alonso (!) 2nd and Massa third.
I wonder just how empty Alonso's tank is :D I say he runs out of fuel on the first bend. Although you have to give the Renault guys some credit. They could have let Alonso go out with no fuel at all a month ago and he would still be 8th. That car has improved. Allot.
http://img395.imageshack.**/img395/2690/polegt3.jpg

Last edited:
It looks ominous for McLaren, I really dont think they have the pace this weekend. Then again, I dont think anyone does, Ferrari are just in a different league. Unless Alonso can get ahead of Raikkonen at the start, it'll be Kimi's race to dominate. Alonso, I give it five laps :p

Yeah, I think Alonso is running on no fuel at all. Kubica did a great lap, but I don't see him beating the McLarens in the race. On that basis, Kimi will win, and second will go to Hamilton or Massa.

Why is Mclaren so full of fail this year?

Well Matt, the answer lies in a chamber, buried in the middle of upperclass Chelsea, full of the resounding cries punctuated by whips and moaning, and of course, 'more of ze punishment!' from a tired old man well past his sell by date. That enough? :p

Looks like it's going to be a long day for the McLaren boys, probably for little reward. Alonso? Yeah, he'll be pitting after the first lap...

Barring a disaster, Kimi will walk it in. A Kubica / Hamilton / Kovalainen dice could be good value though.

Well Matt, the answer lies in a chamber, buried in the middle of upperclass Chelsea, full of the resounding cries punctuated by whips and moaning, and of course, 'more of ze punishment!' from a tired old man well past his sell by date. That enough? :p

Hmm, you're hinting at someone here, but I can't quite put my finger on it :hmm: