2008 Supra

the fact that Hiroshi Okuda told a japanese car mag in 2003 that the supra will never return..
(Chairman of toyota)
He also sayd that they will make sportscars inn all segments again when people want them..(one of the resons the supra, RX7, GTR anf was kild in 2002 was due to marked drop in sportscars.. and new japanese laws)
(sort of hint to that they whernt working on one in 2003)

Kebab gud said:
the fact that Hiroshi Okuda told a japanese car mag in 2003 that the supra will never return..
(Chairman of toyota)
He also sayd that they will make sportscars inn all segments again when people want them..(one of the resons the supra, RX7, GTR anf was kild in 2002 was due to marked drop in sportscars.. and new japanese laws)
do you have an article with the interview or anything to ack that up?

It looks like a peugeot thats startong to frown

I think it should've looked more like the 'volta' concept

snooze :sleeping:

I think the Supra must make a comeback at some point. $40,000 is quite a bit of money for one, though. The name alone would sell a good bit, though.

Maybe not soon, but at some point, it would be nice.

Nah.. not for my taste

Nope, it will never happen. The Supra is dead, long live the Supra.

Lots of companies say "we dont do x y or z" then do. Toyota will do whatever makes marketing sense. As i said in another thread, similarly classed 350z and rx8's are walking off forecourts. The Supra badge would have tremendous selling power too. I wouldn't rule it out.

GraemeH said:
Lots of companies say "we dont do x y or z" then do. Toyota will do whatever makes marketing sense. As i said in another thread, similarly classed 350z and rx8's are walking off forecourts. The Supra badge would have tremendous selling power too. I wouldn't rule it out.

Supra lover :love:

GraemeH said:
But the 350z and RX-8 are selling for a lot less than $40-50k. That's getting into M3 and M coupe territory. :no:

chaos386 said:
But the 350z and RX-8 are selling for a lot less than $40-50k. That's getting into M3 and M coupe territory. :no:

we have the M3 for $140K a 350z will go for $65-75 and the RX-8 is $65.
a supra 1997 Coupe 2dr Man 6sp 3.0TT was about $40-45max when we had them

(All prices in Australian $)

$40k works out at ?22k, the price of an RX8 here. $50,000 is ?29k,what you pay for a 350z roadster, or the hardtop with the sport pack.

Speaking for the UK market, unless elsewhere get these cars ridiculously cheaper.

STi Nut said:
GraemeH said:

Supra lover :love:

Touch?, guilty.

zenkidori said:
Kebab gud said:
(Chairman of toyota)
do you have an article with the interview or anything to ack that up?
will try to find it ..

If they will go ahead as the article says, the new Supra will miss one of my favourite details of the old Supra: It's magnificent straight-six soundtrack.

The styling does not score that many points for originality either, but it's hardly an ugly car either. Unless they will come up with something interesting this will propably end up as just another V8 sportscar around.

GraemeH said:
$40k works out at ?22k, the price of an RX8 here. $50,000 is ?29k,what you pay for a 350z roadster, or the hardtop with the sport pack.

Speaking for the UK market, unless elsewhere get these cars ridiculously cheaper.
The price for a new 350z in the US ranges from USD$27,650 for the base model to USD$40,000 for the top-spec convertible, which are equivalent to ??15,756.20 and ?22,793.8, respectively. The RX-8 is even cheaper.

If you assume the same ratios (a USD$27k RX-8 being worth USD$40k in the UK), the prices will probably be ?34-42k in the UK.

So yeah, we just pay that much more for cars than in Americaland then. The US 350z starts at the equivalenet of ?15,000? That's nuts. You'd get a Ford Focus for that here.