2009 Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix

Absolutely fantastic result, I'm delighted for Button, Barrichello and the whole Brawn team. I really would prefer if we didn't have the post-race penalties and results that might not stand. Superb way to kick off the season. Who can honestly say Formula One is boring anymore? (Waits for this to be quoted :p) The regulations played havok; tremendous action.

The Vettel / Kubica crash was a real shame and in all honesty I don't think Vettel deserved the penalty.

But how and ever, it gave us the dream 1-2 for Brawn, which I am more than happy with. Hell yeah~!

After avoiding the news all morning and threatening to decapitate anyone who told me the results i was finally able to watch the replay on BBC1 this afternoon and holy frak was that a great race!
Really pleased with Button and Barrichello getting the dream 1-2 for Brawn and was impressed with Buemi's rookie appearance. The clash between Vettel and Kubica at the end i believed was a result of both of them racing after Button so much that they refused to give in to each other and if one was going to be penalised then they both should have been. i do however agree with the decision to fine the team for letting Vettel carry on driving with the damaged car. There is no way he should have been allowed to continue.
Great race and already enough to make me look forward to the next GP at Malaysia next week. Even better it was great seeing Formula 1 back on the BBC, with the Chain blaring through my speakers and no more sodding adverts.

There, everyone wanted to see how Hamilton would do in a bad car. He still kicks ass, now all you haters go eat some cheese.

There, everyone wanted to see how Hamilton would do in a bad car. He still kicks ass, now all you haters go eat some cheese.

Errr...Hamilton's 3rd place was a result of so many different events falling into place entirely perfectly it was like an unwrapped gift.

Is it just me or does Formula 1 feel like a complete joke right now? (unrelated to Hamilton finishing 3rd)

I agree something didn't feel right when I was watching it today. Maybe its because my TV has shit reception, maybe its because I miss James Allen so damn much. Maybe its because Alonso isn't up there.

Really, Hamilton is THE MAN. Did you see how many people he overtook today. Incredible.

Errr...Hamilton's 3rd place was a result of so many different events falling into place entirely perfectly it was like an unwrapped gift.

I see your point, but I disagree. The only piece of luck he had for the whole race was Kubica and Vettel having a synchronised brain fade. And a few other retirements as well, which are to be expected. But my point is, he got his 3rd place fair and square, not as the result of a bodged up Safety Car or sudden unexpected rain.

Last edited:

He just didn't screw up like everyone else. Good drivers don't screw up.

And he was quick. Good drivers are quick.

Is it just me or does Formula 1 feel like a complete joke right now? (unrelated to Hamilton finishing 3rd)

It does feel a bit unreal. So much has happened it's kinda like a brain overload.

In terms of this feeling like a joke... Nobody knows what the hell the regulations really are... Teams are protesting left and right, toyota's getting sent to the back of the grid, quite a few questionable retirements...(I really don't see how the Nakajima incident should have happened he just went over the kerb and wasn't losing traction to begin with), some teams are hopelessly faster than others out of NOWHERE, trulli's penalisation at the end of the race...

The list just goes on and on.

Does the FIA even know what it's doing anymore to be able to run the series?

Was a good race, defo worth waking up in the morning. Still have no idea which driver/team i should support.

Was a good race, defo worth waking up in the morning. Still have no idea which driver/team i should support.

Just support 'em all. No heartbreak, no matter what happens. :p

Exactly. I fail to see how his performance proves that he is a "brilliant" driver. He's good but the pieces fell into place for him in order to get third. Both Ferrari's DNF'd, Kubica and Vettel DNF'd, etc. You can be sure that the Ferrari's would've made it a giant PITA for him back there and if he got through there would be no way in hell that he would've gotten passed Rubens. If he could manage all that I'd give him the brilliant driving award but I'm not sure I ever will.

Exactly. I fail to see how his performance proves that he is a "brilliant" driver. He's good but the pieces fell into place for him in order to get third. Both Ferrari's DNF'd, Kubica and Vettel DNF'd, etc. You can be sure that the Ferrari's would've made it a giant PITA for him back there and if he got through there would be no way in hell that he would've gotten passed Rubens. If he could manage all that I'd give him the brilliant driving award but I'm not sure I ever will.

U're forgetting that he was in one of the worst car and he managed to overtake alot more people than your beloved ferrari drivers which ended up nowhere. Raikonnen crashed in a very unusual place, and massa was I think 12th when his car failed (even after others pitted he wouldnt be very high)

Anyways your opinions about drivers are so Ferrari biased that if you say Lewis is "good" then he actually must be brilliant.

U're forgetting that he was in one of the worst car and he managed to overtake alot more people than your beloved ferrari drivers which ended up nowhere. Raikonnen crashed in a very unusual place, and massa was I think 12th when his car failed (even after others pitted he wouldnt be very high)

Anyways your opinions about drivers are so Ferrari biased that if you say Lewis is "good" then he actually must be brilliant.

And of course your so McLaren biased that you actually missed what happened to the Ferraris prior to their DNFs. Also you apparently missed what I had said.

I watched the Vettle/Kubica incident it was 50/50.

1. Robert could have waited till the next straight to get a better shot at him, but I can see why he went for it.

2. Vettle should have realized he had nowhere to go so instead he decides to take out both cars really instead of slotting into third, and getting a podium out of the race.

I mean one thing is for sure you can pass. Also OZ always is a wacky race the next few tracks will really show who's fast and who's not.