2009 Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix

He got the other penalty for causing an "avoidable accident"

Thats what I though was BS. Coming into the turn he had already commit to his line and braking zone. Kubica came along side and then turned into the inside line. Kubica should not have squeezed Vettel and stayed with the outside line. In my opinion it was Kubica's fault for slamming the door before he was even ahead of Vettel. Vettel has no where to go.

I was just rewatching the montage on F1.com, and was wondering, how much downforce does the front wing of those F1 cars produce?? After Vettel and Kubica both took off their respective front wings, it seemed like they were driving on ice, straightlining into the wall!

More than 1000 Psi, I think

I was just rewatching the montage on F1.com, and was wondering, how much downforce does the front wing of those F1 cars produce?? After Vettel and Kubica both took off their respective front wings, it seemed like they were driving on ice, straightlining into the wall!

Not only did they loose all their front down force, but their car would completely loose all its balance. Imagine a titer toddler with two fat dudes on it. The moment one gets off the other will go flying down. The moment that front wing came off the chassis would become so unbalanced. The rear wing would be basically be trying to lift the front wheels off the ground.

Last edited: