2009 Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix

I was wondering, why are those places in the red box 'critical'? Are they good for overtaking or something?

They're just the most important parts of the track, for one reason or another. Turn 1 is a good overtaking point, and Turn 9 is the fastest in the circuit.

Anyways, the questions:

1) Who will take pole and who will win the race?
Vettel, Massa

2) Will Ferrari and Massa be able gain ground and dominate here as they've done in years past?
Gain ground, not dominate by any means. Massa will only win by escaping the wrath of the evil venomous lizards. He learnt to speak their language when he was on a camping trip to the Amazon.

3) Will sandstorms/dogs/large venomous lizards threaten the race?
Yes. Very.:evil:

4) Who will be leading the Driver's Championship after this round?
Button, but he'll be dead.

5) What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Not hungry right now thanks. The same can't be said about the lizards...:(

Bernie is bringing his car collection this time as well:

Over 20 Grand Prix and Formula One racing cars from the private collection of Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone will provide a stunning exhibition throughout the 2009 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix on April 24-26. This rare and exclusive collection has never before been seen in public and underlines the relationship which the Bahraini people and the Grand Prix organisers have with Mr. Ecclestone.

^You going to the GP this year?

^You going to the GP this year?
In March work told me I couldn't have the F1 days off, so I wasn't able to apply as a Marshal again (you have to reg 1month in advance)...but they approved my vacation time last week all of a sudden.

So now I can't participate and not sure if I'll be attending the race.

That sucks...I remember you were the guy who did the "FinalGear at the Bahrain GP" picture weren't you?

I'd love to do that sometime...is there a main website or is it different for each race?

2010 Formula 1 British Grand Prix
You have no idea how tempting it is to make these threads, what's stopping us?

That's actually a good idea.Questions should be:

-Will there be a British Grand Prix ?
-if yes will Donington be finished in time ?

Bernie is bringing his car collection this time as well:"Over 20 Grand Prix and Formula One racing cars from the private collection of Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone will provide a stunning exhibition throughout the 2009 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix on April 24-26. This rare and exclusive collection has never before been seen in public and underlines the relationship which the Bahraini people and the Grand Prix organisers have with Mr. Ecclestone."

haha, yea they pay, he brings.. money first- or at least guaranteed in a contract..:rolleyes:

Formula Spaceships.

Mclaren will be penalized for the use of flux capacitors and a Chameleon circuit.

This is why this forum is a hollow shell of what it used to be. Long live the FG F1 forums, the FG F1 forum is dead.

1) Who will take pole and who will win the race?
I put Barrichello on pole and race winner (Jenson can't win em all!)

2) Will Ferrari and Massa be able gain ground and dominate here as they've done in years past?
Perhaps, depends largely on the outcome of diffuser-gate. And whether or not Felipe stays cool, baby. :cool:

3) Will sandstorms/dogs/large venomous lizards threaten the race?
If they do, just do the opposite of what Ferrari is doing, judging by how well their tactics guys did last race.

4) Who will be leading the Driver's Championship after this round?
Jenson.

5) What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Get put on wets 5-6 laps before the rain starts, and then sod off to the pits to put on shorts and a t-shirt while everyone else gets soaked on the grid.