2009 Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix

Well Bahrain is coming up next week and there's no alcohol in Bahrain so expect an improvement from Raikkonen ;)

2052 Formula 1 Lunar Base 12 Grand Prix

That would be rather epic.

Imagine the lack of downforce and gravity. I rekon the cars might actually take off when going up a crest.

It would be like driving a 900bhp Formula rally car : )

1) Who will take pole and who will win the race?
2) Will Ferrari and Massa be able gain ground and dominate here as they've done in years past?
3) Will sandstorms/dogs/large venomous lizards threaten the race?
4) Who will be leading the Driver's Championship after this round?
5) What would you do for a Klondike bar?

1) Kubica for pole and Button for race win.

2) They will improve and maybe score a few points, nothing spectacular though.

3) lol I hope not

4) Jenson

5) Never had one, don't know what it taste like.

Hot & Dry, even though the Red Bulls had a good run I'm still gonna go with one of the Brawns on this one. Unless the track floods. :)
2) Will Ferrari and Massa be able gain ground and dominate here as they've done in years past?
Doesn't seem likely. He might do ok, but his car will probably blow up or something.
It would be kind of nice to see a sandstorm after all this water for a change? :)
It can only be Jenson or Rubens, so I guess I'll put my money on Jenson.
Replace Piquet if Flavio would have me? :)
Oh hell I'd do it for free if they'd ask me. ^^

Red Bulls seem to have the bit between their teeth - last race for the underdogs?

NO - they will need to wait 'till Europe and the they will come out and slam people.

The biggest threat to the race is the FIA and their insanity.

I'll put my money on Jenson but a reduced lead.

I am too old, slow, gormless and fat but apart from that ME.

Button, Button

After China, I have lost faith in them. They will be nowhere close to dominating. If they are lucky, both drivers will finish the race and actually get a point.

Bahrain was made famous after the discovery of the giant venomous lizards. Allowing one to get on the track would prove fatal to any car not ready for them, and I am certain drivers will be unable to hold their lines when faced with them. Except for piquet, who will already be out of the race.

Button

Find engineers that can get Ferrari at least 1 point.

1) Vettel.
2) They will gain ground but unfortunately will not dominate. :(
3) Hopefully.:blink:
4) Button.
5) Nothing ATM I'm eating lamb leg. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

1) Vettel, Webber (I'm being optimistic here)
2) I don't think they'll be dominant. I don't think they'll finish on the podium, but they need to have at least one driver score points, which I think they can do.
3) I think rain will be a factor :lol: I mean look at Qatar and the MotoGP, they say it never rains there either...
4) Button
5) Having just googled it, not much. I don't eat a lot of ice cream.

For those in Australia who dont have access to live streaming for qualifying, Channel 10 (including HD and SD channels) wont show qualy live or even a repeat.

According to Jake Humphrey's BBC blog, it will rain in Bahrain because that's the luck of the BBC commentary team so far. :lol:

Of course it was a joke...

TV is Australia is the shits.

QFT and because i have foxtel digital (no HD) i have to wait until july 1st to watch one SD which means no live F1 until then. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

QFT
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU too

I have to watch after Dexter at around 11pm. And it's a delayed telecast. Which means if I don't want myself to be spoiled, I have to avoid all forms of media for 7 hours. It's bloody annoying

QFT and because i have foxtel digital (no HD) i have to wait until july 1st to watch one SD which means no live F1 until then. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

QFT
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU too

I have to watch after Dexter at around 11pm. And it's a delayed telecast. Which means if I don't want myself to be spoiled, I have to avoid all forms of media for 7 hours. It's bloody annoying

No SD/HD set-top box here either, but luckily I have internets for super live streaming.* Oh yeah!

*Except when I'm capped, then it's no fun.

Even their 'live' broadcast was running late though because of the AFL I think, because I had to record it and luckily got home before the recording finished so I could record the next two programs, they were running nearly 90 minutes late. One HD fails at F1.

Maybe KERS finally will shine with all the straights on this track?

Erm... not while the KERS cars still have balance issues. Probably it's going to be in Turkey when they finally get a good balance, with the new diffusers and, if possible, different weight balance.

The slicks, apparently, need a forward-biased CoG for good balance, and the KERS offsets that because it puts more weight at the back. Apparently BGP's low and wide nosecone is a good place to use ballast in order to shift the CoG down and forward, and it's probably one of the factors contributing to their pace.

(CoG = center of gravity)

1) Who will take pole and who will win the race? Brawns for sure, maybe Barichello will take it this time
2) Will Ferrari and Massa be able gain ground and dominate here as they've done in years past? No, they'll score though
3) Will sandstorms/dogs/large venomous lizards threaten the race? ....no...
4) Who will be leading the Driver's Championship after this round? Button
5) What would you do for a Klondike bar? It may be hot it Bahrain, but it's still quite chilly here...