2009 Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix

Even their 'live' broadcast was running late though because of the AFL I think, because I had to record it and luckily got home before the recording finished so I could record the next two programs, they were running nearly 90 minutes late. One HD fails at F1.

F1 qualifying was delayed by an hour.

IT was live for the race but Melbourne had a delay of 5 minutes.

No SD/HD set-top box here either, but luckily I have internets for super live streaming.* Oh yeah!

*Except when I'm capped, then it's no fun.
About how many Mb is the total stream downloaded for one session of qualifying and the entire race? And you watch this on that justin.tv?

About how many Mb is the total stream downloaded for one session of qualifying and the entire race? And you watch this on that justin.tv?

Rough figure :

Every GP Race - 10Gb

Inside GP - 300mb

FP (All the practice sessions) : 2~3Gb

Sat Quali : 4Gb (Including build up)

Sunday Race : 3Gb (Including build up + press conference)

Post race analysis : 700mb (Red Button feature)

I'm already on my 3rd Tb drive, just to store all my motorsport videos. Being a F1 fan is hard work : (

Last edited:
My goodness. That's 15Gb just for races and quali

there's no way that's viable for an Australian internet service

My goodness. That's 15Gb just for races and quali

there's no way that's viable for an Australian internet service

well that is everything in PDTV (pure digital TV) so the bit rate and quality is very high.

You can download those 700~800mb versions, which should save you a lot of of hard drive space.

That's a bit more reasonable. I might consider it the next time I watch F1, then :D

Australian Telecomms sound like shit. Sorry everyone down there :comfort:

Don't think I'll be catching Bahrain live, 4am and all. Starting to hit the stretch of the schedule where Bernie holds a big middle finger up to those of us in the Americas.

Don't think I'll be catching Bahrain live, 4am and all. Starting to hit the stretch of the schedule where Bernie holds a big middle finger up to those of us in the Americas.

Uh, not to bust your bubble or anything, but the USA is like less than 5 percent of the viewers... you can't make everyone happy. Besides, Speed has a tape delay the next afternoon. At least we GET F1...

Australian Telecomms sound like shit. Sorry everyone down there :comfort:

There's pros and cons, I guess. The good part is that it's rather fast, normally. The bad is that the internet here is charged by per Gb download, not priced by bandwidth. It's all due to the fact that the population density in Australia is so low that it's just too expensive for a Japan or Singapore infinite d/l internet.

But if you exceed the d/l limit, then the internet speed is shit slow until the next monthly refresh

There's pros and cons, I guess. The good part is that it's rather fast, normally. The bad is that the internet here is charged by per Gb download, not priced by bandwidth. It's all due to the fact that the population density in Australia is so low that it's just too expensive for a Japan or Singapore infinite d/l internet.

But if you exceed the d/l limit, then the internet speed is shit slow until the next monthly refresh

Hopefully Rudd gets to complete the National broadband Scheme so we are eqaul first in the world with 100/mb/s dl speed. Soon we will pwn :p

I think kRudd's "national broadband scheme" wont work and i wont be voting for him in the next election.
Fast my ass. 10mbps for me is sloooow. I want my pron faster ;) I went to Singapore couple years ago and I got a flyer for 100mbps for $80 something dollars and unlimited downloads and my jaw dropped and my friend told me thats quite normal. Yes I know everyone is really distant in australia, but I couldn't care less in metropolitan Sydney. I was thinking of switching to TPG with 200GB for $80.

Get back to the topic ;)

Last edited:
I think kRudd's "national broadband scheme" wont work and i wont be voting for him in the next election.
Fast my ass. 10mbps for me is sloooow. I want my pron faster ;) I went to Singapore couple years ago and I got a flyer for 100mbps for $80 something dollars and unlimited downloads and my jaw dropped and my friend told me thats quite normal. Yes I know everyone is really distant in australia, but I couldn't care less in metropolitan Sydney. I was thinking of switching to TPG with 200GB for $80.

Get back to the topic ;)

Still a huge improvement. I think in Japan they cen get up to 1gbs speeds.
Dont like Labor dont like Rudd dont like Swanny dont like the ginger princess.

But I do like F1 and I think Rosberg will win this race and the Brawns will be at the back end of the points and one will retire.

But I do like F1 and I think Rosberg will win this race and the Brawns will be at the back end of the points and one will retire.

Well let's look at Rosberg's reults for the past Bahrain GPs.

2008 - 8th
2007 - 10th
2006 - 7th

I don't think he is particularly fast on this circuit. Jenson might win this race.

:blink: Erm... He set the fastest lap of the race on his debut, on this track.

oh.. I actually forgot about that.

1:32.406 is quite an impressive time, but all his race results for this track are rather appaling.

Maybe he will do better this year.

They were appaling because the car wasn't fast enough consistently. If they can finally convert practice pace into race pace, then Nico should be up there... but, obviously, Nakajima will still spin, crash and burn, no matter how good the car is.

Nico has a good car now and he likes the track and had good results with the car hes got so its a winning combo IMO