2009 Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix

:lol: at everyone seriously considering the possibility of there being a wet race.

TechZ, we demand 24/7 weather forecast updates! :p

Watching races at 4am loses its novelty reallllllllllly fast.

I watched Aussie GP which started at 8am and I can't remember a damn thing from the race.

Last edited:
In Aus the races have been on at around 5pm so far. The European races start at 10pm and the North American (which there are none) start at 3am. i will only have to do this once for the Brazilian GP :) Signapore is only few hours difference so its no trouble either.

^ It sucks, I had to stay up all night to watch Australian FP sessions. You can watch British as soon as you come home from work (

Pretty much 80% of the F1 season I have to wake up at 5 am.

Does it really matter?

We will still make a mission to watch F1, regardless of the time.

One thing good about the European races is that it's usually night here when it airs, so that means I get to go to school from 9-5 for a full day without missing anything, and then I come home to Formula One action on TV. The only downside is that there's a high chance I end up falling asleep after a long day :p

I was referring to mainly Fridays and Saturdays, should've made it clearer. :p Extra classes, talks, training, etc. Eurgh.

you don't have to watch it live.. I typically watch it 3 hours after, when I wake up. Just checking for the file at 6am or whenever its likely to be released.

I guess its easier for americans though, because no one around talks about F1, because no one knows what it is- and news stations dont report resorts or anything.

you don't have to watch it live.. I typically watch it 3 hours after, when I wake up. Just checking for the file at 6am or whenever its likely to be released.

I guess its easier for americans though, because no one around talks about F1, because no one knows what it is- and news stations dont report resorts or anything.

I once tried watching F1 races the next morning after I wake up, it simply doesn't work.

I can't go to bed in peace, I can't wake up the next day and use the internet without having to see the race results that will spoil the race for me. It's a nightmare. I'd much rather stay up and watch the face. It's worth the wait.

Speaking of which, FP1 starts in about 8 hours time.

I guess it depends on your schedule. I can't give up sleep, as I need to be awake for my daily bombardments of exams and cramming - so I reserve f1 as a vacation during my unproductive hours.

seriously keeps you up?? thats crAzy, I guess I would be excited too if I had live as opposed to digital people to share my excitement with. hahaha - no offense digital people! :wave:

Force India to introduce new diffuser and floor in Bahrain

FI will introduce two major changes to its VJM02 at this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix. namely a revised floor and an interim diffuser.

The modifications at the VJM02 should be a good step forward according to team boss Vijay Mallya. "We are planning to introduce a significant aerodynamic upgrade for the Bahrain Grand Prix, including a new floor and an interim diffuser. We also plan to use new auxiliary wings on the front wing and re-profiled sidepods to incorporate the amended rear end. We have been planning this upgrade since the debut of the VJM02 as part of our scheduled aerodynamic cycle and it will represent a good step forward for the team," Mallya said.

"Although we nevertheless expect other teams to have moved forward as well, we hope this will keep us racing with the rest of the field."

Seven cars to practice with KERS in Bahrain

It is believed that up to seven Formula One cars will be fitted with active Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems in practice for the Bahrain Grand Prix.

A dwindling three drivers took to the Shanghai grid a week ago with the controversial energy re-use technology, as the benefits of the 82 bhp power bursts comes under scrutiny.

McLaren's duo Lewis Hamilton and Heikki Kovalainen have used Mercedes' KERS consistently this year.

"This is one of the circuits where KERS can give you the most time, because there are three very long straights," Spanish test driver Pedro de la Rosa said.

Ferrari took KERS off both cars in China for reliability and safety reasons, but will reinstate the system on Felipe Massa's F60 in Shanghai.

"I don?t use it tomorrow," Kimi Raikkonen said. "The other car (Massa) will run it and then we will make the decision which way we go. We either take it and use it if we don?t have any issues with it and we will put it also in my car but really we want to look a little bit and compare the two cars with and without and see a little difference. That?s our main thing tomorrow."

Due to Raikkonen's additional weight, Ferrari's KERS is seemingly of less value to the Finn.

"It should be a significant advantage here. A great deal of work at the factory has gone into working on the KERS system since Sepang so I am hopeful it can help us," said Massa.

Nick Heidfeld has used KERS all season so far, but his much heavier BMW Sauber team-mate Robert Kubica - although sometimes testing the system in practices - has not. The Pole, who qualified a dismal 18th in qualifying in China, will again test KERS on Friday in Bahrain. "Yeah, I will use KERS tomorrow," Kubica confirmed at the circuit today. "The plan is to run it through all the weekend."

It is clear that Renault is also assessing KERS on a circuit-by-circuit basis, with Fernando Alonso and Nelson Piquet's cars likely to test the system on Friday. As mentioned previously both Renaults will also feature the updated floor and diffuser, so he really is under the pump to come up with the goods to stop the speculation of him potentially losing his seat before too long.

"I think it will a decision we will make race by race and at the last moment, maybe on Friday night," Alonso told reporters.

Just a sidenote.... Winds can get up to 20kmph and Sand can be a serious problem so in the right conditions the track could be covered by a sandstorm which is far worse than the rain at the last two events. A sandstorm can be worse than fog and heavy rain with only a few meters visibility and the sand travelling fast and the F1 car at full speed can hurt the driver and ruin the car if sand gets in it.

Could see the first red flagged race due to a sandstorm.

DVR FTW, my friend.

bah, why record the race when you can watch it live.

Sleep is something that I will glady sacrifice for F1, even if I have exams the next day.

Due to Raikkonen's additional weight, Ferrari's KERS is seemingly of less value to the Finn.

Stop eating so much ice cream Kimi, you're getting fat. :mrgreen:

Where is Brawn's red Virgin branding? I only see blue circle logos but can't make out what they actually show.