2009 Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix

I was wondering when Branson was going to use Brawn as a vehicle for Virgin Galactic; it's the only part of Virgin that doesn't really have any high-profile advertising yet.

The car comparisons are an interesting piece of tech I've never seen before. You can see that Massa and Button are both quicker than Hamilton through that slow corner on the entry, but the KERS of the McLaren just blasts him straight back ahead. Unsure whether Lewis is taking a wider line to straighten his exit to better use KERS or what...

I'm not taking anything in from these practice times. Careful teams don't show their hand at all on Friday, and we've all seen this in the first three race weekends, with quiet performances on Friday and then unleashing the speed when it really mattered.

I'm not taking anything in from these practice times. Careful teams don't show their hand at all on Friday, and we've all seen this in the first three race weekends, with quiet performances on Friday and then unleashing the speed when it really mattered.

Lets hope this is the case with Ferrari. :)

I couldn't catch FP1 in the com lab. There was a huge-ass mirror behind me! Had to catch the commentary on autosport.com :p

Im not sure they'd work it out like that. If I was running the test program for a leading F1 team, I'd be working through a program that aims to deliver the best results during qualifying and the race. If that involves setting the track on fire during the practice sessions then I'll do it. I dont think any teams are holding back, they're just running different programs. Hamilton supposedly did his lap on light fuel, and the BMWs tried the option tyre towards the end of the session. They're all trying different things.

Anthony Davidson seems to jealous that he isn't a driver. lol 90% of his comments are about his skill or how it wasn't fair when he was driving that he had such a crappy car.

LOL did David Croft's mic just fail him or something? There was a squeak and then he cut out.

Oddest, but not exactly unexpected. :\

looking through the previous friday practise 2 sessions and comparing them to the final race results shows that the results mean pretty much nothing except for about 10% of the field. :p

Looks like another shit weekend for Ferrari and BMW.

^ Robert Kubica must be feeling pretty cheated. BMW stopped developing their 2008 car halfway through last season to concentrate on this year and gave up a perfectly legitimate chance at the world championship. Not only that but they designed and built the wrong concept, kinda like putting all their money on red and it coming up black.

^ Robert Kubica must be feeling pretty cheated. BMW stopped developing their 2008 car halfway through last season to concentrate on this year and gave up a perfectly legitimate chance at the world championship. Not only that but they designed and built the wrong concept, kinda like putting all their money on red and it coming up black.

Pretty much so. Very stupid of them to not come up with some clever diffuser design.

What pisses me off is that BMW has not put an update on the car since the last tests at Barcelona...They're saying a major upgrade is due for the next race, but it's frustrating to say the least...Funny thing is one of the head guys at Brawn behind their car worked for BMW in 2007 when they had updates for almost every race seems like they've lost that creative thought...

7 out of 10 for Nico. It isn't worth anything though. :(