2009 Brazilian Formula 1 Grand Prix

pfrocker

FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO PETROBRAS DO BRASIL 2009
After a welcome return of Suzuka for the Japanese GP, where we saw Sebastian Vettel dominate that race and get back in the title fight, we head towards another great classic track Aut?dromo Jos? Carlos Pace in Sau Paulo, Brazil. Interlagos is one of the fastest circuits of the season and because of how wide the track is overtaking is possible here. The most famous corner, or rather a combination of corners is the Senna S, named after the great Ayrton Senna. The Senna S is a crucial part of the track for overtaking and the drivers must get it right in order to have speed on the Reta Oposto straight.

Last year we had a great finale to the season in the rain, where Lewis Hamilton clinched the title from Felipe Massa by passing Timo Glock on the last corner of the last lap. The enthusiastic Brazilians fans are what makes Interlagos so special, and they do love to see their countrymen win here. Past Brazilian Winners here are: Emerson Fittipaldi, Carlos Pace himself, Nelson Piquet, Ayrton Senna, and Felipe Mass. That leads us to our questions:

Questions:

1) Will Ruben Barrichello finally win in Brazil and join his countrymen? If not, who will take pole and win the race?
2) Will both titles be clinched here or will Red Bull keep up the momentum and end up things in Abu Dhabi?
3) How many DNFs will there be?
4) How many safety car intervention will be there?
5) Interlagos is another fast circuit, will we see Force India score points here?
6) The last two race saw both Torro Rosso drivers retire, will they finish this race? If not, will they retire due to mechanical failure or crash out?
6) Prior to this race, we heard to confirmation of Kubica to Renault. Will Kubica be successful in Renault?

Map:
http://img383.imageshack.**/img383/5066/picture2r.png

Race information:
Circuit length: 4.309 km (2.676 mi)
Number of laps: 71
Race length: 305.909 km (190.067 mi)
First Held: 1972
Last Held: 2008
Lap record: 1:11.473 - JP Montoya (2004)

Schedule:
Fri 16 October 2009
Friday Practice 1-------10:00 - 11:30
Friday Practice 2-------14:00 - 15:30
Sat 17 October 2009
Saturday Practice------11:00 - 12:00
Qualifying--------------14:00
Sun 18 October 2009
Race--------------------14:00

http://img18.imageshack.**/img18/9422/picture3uy.png
http://img180.imageshack.**/img180/2941/picture4fr.png
http://img384.imageshack.**/img384/6185/picture5i.png

Videos:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOyz6tf1do0[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGZPT96BP_A[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNLKb4r091w[/YOUTUBE]
Links:
Official Site| Wiki

1) Will Ruben Barrichello finally win in Brazil and join his countrymen? If not, who will take pole and win the race?

No, Rubens' Interlagos jinx will strike him again. Vettel will dominate like in Japan.

2) Will both titles be clinched here or will Red Bull keep up the momentum and end up things in Abu Dhabi?

WCC clinched, WDC will go down to Abu Dhabi.

A single one after the first lap.

5) Interlagos is another fast circuit, will we see Force India score points here?

Probably... It would be with Sutil and it will be for 6th or 7th place.

6) The last two race saw both Torro Rosso drivers retire, will they finish this race? If not, will they retire due to mechanical failure or crash out?

Buemi will finish last, Alguersuari will crash out.

6) Prior to this race, we heard to confirmation of Kubica to Renault. Will Kubica be successful in Renault?

Depends whether the team can secure sponsorship from 2010 onwards.

Brawns will be weak so 1 of Red Bulls will win and take pole.
Constructor's title will be decided here, not driver's though.
5, 2 mechanical errors, the rest driver's mistakes.
nope
they'll both crash bringing out a safely car
He'll be better than his team mate, whoever it is but not winning races.

Random..

Yeah, I've stopped taking F1 seriously lately. I only watch it now because I'm used to doing so.

1) Will Ruben Barrichello finally win in Brazil and join his countrymen? If not, who will take pole and win the race? I hope he can do it if Lewis doesn't. But to be honest I think it might be McLaren vs Red Bull again
2) Will both titles be clinched here or will Red Bull keep up the momentum and end up things in Abu Dhabi? Only constructors will be settled, but Red Bull will be out of both
3) How many DNFs will there be? 5
4) How many safety car intervention will be there? 1
5) Interlagos is another fast circuit, will we see Force India score points here? Interlagos isn't fast. It just has a long straight.
6) The last two race saw both Torro Rosso drivers retire, will they finish this race? If not, will they retire due to mechanical failure or crash out? One will finish
6) Prior to this race, we heard to confirmation of Kubica to Renault. Will Kubica be successful in Renault? Depends on Renault really. He can do it, he just needs the car.

yes, most likely. If not, Vettel for pole and Jenson for race win.

Jenson will take his title here.

Yes

One of the drivers will.

Depends if their car is competitive or not, Kubica is a competitive driver alright, it's up to the team to back him up with a race winning car.

Rubens will either run away with it or both he and Jenson will amble around in the tail-end of the points.
I'm going to say pole will go to Trulli and the win will go to Hamilton (lol).

Constructors yes, drivers no.

It would be nice. I think so.

No idea. Inexperience and the long season can't help 'em.

If Renault aren't completely sunk by lack of sponsors, probably.

Last edited:

They will both crash, each taking a Brawn out with them. :lol:

I hope Barrichello finally wins at interlagos... but I think Vettel will be very strong again...

1) Will Rubens Barrichello finally win in Brazil and join his countrymen? If not, who will take pole and win the race?
He won't. Vettel will get pole and (engine destruction aside) win. However, if Rubens did somehow win it because some sort of carnage / mechanical failures take out Vettel, Hamilton, Button, Raikkonen and maybe the Toyota drivers as well, being Brazil and all it would be the only circumstance in which I would be happy to see him win and not Seb at this stage of the championship.

I like Brawn...but I like Red Bull more, so I'll be hoping for a Red Bull one-two finish. But, I still like Brawn, and I like Jenson, so I won't throw a hissy fit If they wrap up the title there. (It really helps when you like both of the front-running teams LOL!)

Pick any two of the rookies to create some colourful carbon fibre fireworks. Or even 3. Heikki may also bin it (poor thing, I feel sorry for him :() - oh and Sutil may crash into someone. Let's make it more like 4 then.

Depends on how messily the rookies (and/or Heikki + Adrian) stack it. But for a guess: just one.

Not this time.

Neither will finish, most likely due sticking it in the wall / gravel trap. Sorry lads. :(

For the sake of both their futures, I sure hope so.

No,Barrichello,Button
Brawn Gp and Button will win here.
12.567% of the race will be "saftey car'd"
I think the circuit will demand more downforce than monza and spa so no or only little.
Both at the same into each other.
dunno lol :)

oh no... This is quickly becoming the NSFW forum....

I doubt it. RBR is very strong.
Constructors will end here
Now with the engines being pretty shitty, I say around 2.
Depends if it rains, of course.
Points, sure, why not? A lot teams will be running out of engines. Expect 10-place drops. That'll push FI up a bit.
Probably from mechanical failure.
If Renault put their heart to it, why not?

Last edited:
See pink username....

:p

I see pink username... Felipe not man enough? Although as a fellow not-a-dude I can safely say I wouldn't go for Felipe too.

ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC:

I think he will. Button for pole, Ruby for win.

I think both titles will be clinched.

3?

None, I hope.

Points, yup!

I think they will. If they retire it'll be due to a crash out.

7) Prior to this race, we heard to confirmation of Kubica to Renault. Will Kubica be successful in Renault?
Yup!

Last edited: