2009 British Formula 1 Grand Prix

Well done Seb! Go for the win! :mrgreen:

Oh, and shame about Webber, but I really can't see how Kimi actually hindered him, calling him a 'distraction' among other things too. Um, you're a professional racing driver, you shouldn't be so easily distracted. :|
It sounds like he's incredibly frustrated, and I really can't blame him for that. Just when things really look to be going his way something just happens, whether within his mind or around him. :(

I too, do not want to see any pink shirts this weekend. C'mon Red Bull!

:lol: at Webber's comments about Raikkonen. I'm not sure how much Raikkonen slowed him down but you could see Webber shaking his fist at him. I think this looks like Vettel's race unless he screws up.

From Piquet's Twitter:

"Fernando Alonso gave me a nice surprise today when he gave me one of his helmets."

I somehow find this funny :lol:

Ambient temperature will not go over 18 degrees Celsius today at Silverstone. Chances of rain restricted at around 20-30%. Track temperature looks like staying like it was for the last two days, so it's going to be a Red Bull benefit.

From Piquet's Twitter:

"Fernando Alonso gave me a nice surprise today when he gave me one of his helmets."

I somehow find this funny :lol:

It's funny to me because Piquet doesn't consider Alonso his equal. Instead of saying "Fernando gave me one of his old helmets" he calls him by his full name Fernando Alonso, like the hot girl you loved at high school. Also he's happy to get a helmet from Alonso, whereas Raikkonen/Webber/Hamilton would say "WTF IS THIS SHIT"?

Alonso probably confused him with the 'help' around the Renault garage.

Fernando: "Here boy, go and put this helmet away for me."
Nelson: "Oh wow Fernando Alonso gave me one of his helmets!"
Fernando: "Hey boy! Where are you going with that?"

The announcer on BBC 1 "Even a tame racing driver, could have done better than the McLaren" :lol:

I just saw Bernie pull Webber aside to say something to him after the drivers' parade... :hmm:

I just love how Piquet is tweeting even 10 minutes before the start of the race. :lol:

What was Kovalainen doing? Swerved left, right then left again. Bourdais obviously knew that the McLaren shouldn't move left again after the initial left-right and put his car there, not expecting him to swerve back left.

Silly noob mistake.

Well, they finally got it right. They played the Austrian anthem for Red Bull Racing. :)

I think the British anthem would be more appropiate, but that's another matter. ;)

RBR's pace is awesome. Well done, boys.
Brawn's worst race so far, Jenson must be quite disappointed.
Well done to Massa.
I'm happy with Nico's 5th place, but... Williams should have scored more points today. Kazuki just disappeared after the first pitstop. :(
Very, very good race by Fisico!
I actually enjoyed watching Hamilton and Alonso fighting each other, but it's so bad to see them in those positions...
Piquet managed to beat Alonso, and to be honest I'm not too surprised - Piquet gets a much better start nearly every race, after the first lap they're quite close to each other and from then on, Piquet's strategy works better.
BMW falling behind again...

I just saw Bernie pull Webber aside to say something to him after the drivers' parade... :hmm:

"If you swear again on live television I'll make sure you're disqualified from the race."

Also, why doesn't someone, anyone, tell Webber to just sit still in the presser? Just....sit still! For ten minutes!

I think the British anthem would be more appropiate, but that's another matter. ;)

Important is where the license is held. And that is in the case of Red Bull and Toro Rosso Austria.

If the important factor was where the car is developed and built, they'd have to play the German hymn in case of a Toyota win and that would really feel awkward ;)

Vettel! :D :D :D

Important is where the license is held.

I know that's the reason for the Austrian anthem, I just say that the team is obviously much more British than Austrian. ;)

Great job there by Vettel, let's hope he keeps it up to give us an exciting end to the season. Great donuts by Lewis at the end, he really cares about the fans doesn't he :)

Good job by Red Bull, well done Vettel. :cool:
Good to have someone else then Brawn & Button winning, much better for the Championships.

In the post race interview, from Vettel onwards, several of the drivers & other team bosses all made allusions to the threat against the British GP next year.
Impression I got that they all want a British GP next year and they want it at Silverstone.
:)