2009 Dodge Journey: Minivan For The Worldwide Masses

Well look at nearly ALL Toyota's, they're the most boring vehicles on the road, yet they sell LOADS. Perhaps thats what Dodge is going for?

15.000 parts, all made by the lowest bidder.

Holy smokes, look at all them buttons!
Looks like the first car to be built under Cerberus seems to be pretty promising in my opinion :) *snip*
And is it just me, or does it sort of resemble the Volkswagen Touareg

ZOMGWTFBBQ! Yeah, that must be a good car - it's got buttons!

And yeah, it's just you.

Well look at nearly ALL Toyota's, they're the most boring vehicles on the road, yet they sell LOADS. Perhaps thats what Dodge is going for?

Yeah, but Toyotas are known for being well built, reliable 250,000+ mile vehicles while Chrysler cars are known for being cheap and poorly finished.

The Caravan will never be killed off because soon they're gonna be the only minivans left on the NA market. Everyone, even the Japanese are gonna pull out. Ford already has and GM will also (if the new face-lifted Chevy Uplander doesn't do well).

That's not a minivan! It's a wagon that's a little bit higher!! The outside looks ok but, it must be said, the interior doesn't... Too many damn buttons and to much grey!

I was wondering when the domestic bashing would start...

I was wondering when the domestic bashing would start...

If the thing had a Toyota badge, we'd be saying pretty much the same thing about the styling, and with regards to the quality: Prove us wrong, Chrysler.

With regards to styling, the biggest mistakes automakers make is trying to style a car too much. IMO. I like the squared off look. It's why I like my Toyota so much. It has a rugged functional look. It looks good, even though it has all the styling of a barn.

This vehicle isn't supposed to be stylish. It's supposed to be functional. And I think Dodge did a commendable job on keeping that in mind.

I still think those bull's eye grill things look ridiculous. But it could have been a lot worse given Chrysler's other recent offerings

Seems a bit small. Mini Durango I guess.

Seems a bit small. Mini Durango I guess.

I actually miss the older model Durango, I loved those things. The new Durangos in my opinion scream soccer mom. <_<

Durango has never been anything more than a glorified minivan anyway - it was designed to be a tough, rugged vehicle and used only to run to the store and drop the kids off at school. I don't think I've ever seen someone with a penis driving one unless he was borrowing his wife's car.

http://img205.imageshack.**/img205/9858/thumb1280x1280123462672xh8.jpg

Gotta love that 1980's gauge cluster....

This actually looks very promising. One of the few minivans that I like the look of. Thank god it's not like the Caravan which is utter crap. I also hate the Nitro. But this one looks alright.
I don't understand though the Dodge Journey R/T...a sporty mini-van??? They tried it with the Turbo Caravan 20 years ago and didn't really work, why do they think it's going to work now?

Last edited:
You know, you really should learn to use the [youtube] tags. I would embed it for you, but I would need a shower afterwards.

Sorry about double post :| My browser went nuts

rofl @ gauges

Yeah, and what's with the white? Has anyone at Dodge ever driven a car? Do they have any idea how much that glares off the windscreen? Hell, Volvo puts in dark grey or black dashes no matter what color interior you buy. The front of the dash is color keyed to the rest of the car, but the top is made from a dark material to reduce glare.

S80-dash-resized.jpg

Take notes, Chrysler. This is what an interior is supposed to look like.