2009 Dodge Ram Revealed - Photos(x13)/Info

I like the looks of it, but I still wouldn't buy a Dodge.

+1.

The RAM transmissions just are *not* up to task over the long haul in my experience. The motor though - that wont quit!

I to be honest liked the look of the 2004 Rams more then this one, not saying its bad just saying I don't like it.

After seeing the pictures of the new Ford F150 and this I'm beginning to wonder what is Dodge and Ford's motto for these vehicles - "Screw aerodynamics and pedestrian safety" maybe?

After seeing the pictures of the new Ford F150 and this I'm beginning to wonder what is Dodge and Ford's motto for these vehicles - "Screw aerodynamics and pedestrian safety" maybe?

As for aerodynamics - it's a truck. You can't really make it very slippery, and keep it practical.

As for pedestrian safety - you're pretty much fucked if anything that tall, that weighs 3 tonnes hits you. And it HAS to be tall, because it HAS to have some off-road ability to be useful where it's really needed.

Now how did that sand get in your vagina...

LOL :D
On the contrary - you can at least try to make it aerodynamic. Look at the Mitsubishi L200 for example. I'm not an expert, but I think a shape like this should help fuel economy a little bit.

I never understood why the bother to put up technical specs, pictures and what for what I consider a tool. Nothing personal to the OP, of course.

Call me a curmudgeon, but happened to trucks? In my opinion, they have become pussyfied. If I were to buy a truck, it would be one made before 1988, when they were purpose built.

This was actually designed with better aerodynamics in mind, hence the forward sloping, smaller front end and more rounded corners. It's still got a .422 drag coefficient though :lol:. As for pedestrian safety; if you get hit by a car, much less a 3 ton truck, you're screwed anyway.

Call me a curmudgeon, but happened to trucks? In my opinion, they have become pussyfied. If I were to buy a truck, it would be one made before 1988, when they were purpose built.
Exactly. Trucks are not meant to have leather interiors and every amenity known to man. You should be able to hose the interior out because you just drove through a bog getting to the job site. Know what I mean? Can you even still get a manual transfer case and locking hubs on a new truck?

In a way i think the Dodge Ram and Ford F150 have effectively switched styling strategies. Anybody else see what i mean?

ford_f150.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.**/img80/2917/dg009072rm384a06cqb4.jpg

ford_f150_detroit_09.jpg

815670a68v6131e_jpg.jpg

anybody else kinda see it? i mean the Ram always had the really angry lines and a raised hood with lowered headlamps, while the F150 always had comparatively even headlights with the hood/bonnet and gentler lines. Maybe I'm being deceived but those principles have now been swapped.

PS:the new 2009 F150 is hideous.

Well, at least it's nice to see they've bumped the power up to 380 bhp, making it more competitive. I've always hated their obsessions with brown interiors. That prown color, along with the chrome and silver looks hideous. They simple grey dash on the basic models look much better.

-Dodge Ram (really like the new design)
-Ford F150 (on in years, but looks great, esp in upper level trim) [EDIT: new one looks awful :( ]
-Nissan Titan (grown on me alot)
-Chevy 1500 (just doesn't look finished IMO)
-
-
-
-
-"...past the moons of Jupiter..."
-
-
-Toyota Tundra (shockingly hideous)

Last edited:
Surprisingly, I like everything except that handrest.

Don't have much to say on this topic given I know little about these "trucks" as I live in Aus...

^^It's okay, Americans don't have the beauty of the ute. ;)

^^It's okay, Americans don't have the beauty of the ute. ;)

Really?

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/14/1966ChevyELCaminoCarlo1970ChevyNoveYellow001.jpg

:rolleyes:

:p

They didn't change much, the grill is a bit more prominent (I didn't think that was possible on a Ram) and the lines of the headlights are different. They added some "speed lines" to the hood as well.

It looks ok, but I would rather have the Ford F-150.