2009 European Formula 1 Grand Prix

Apparently Badoer has been issued THREE fines for speeding in the pitlane today. :lol:

Is that the most fines ever in a race? Doesn't the car have automatic speed reducing things?

BBC Five Live said:
Fernando Alonso will move from Renault to Ferrari next year and spark a cascade of other driver changes, according to McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh.

The double world champion's expected switch is an open secret in Formula 1, but Whitmarsh is the first senior figure publicly to acknowledge it.

"I think we all know that the Fernando-Ferrari move has a knock-on effect that ripples through the other teams," he said.

Ferrari said Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa were already contracted for 2010.

"He (Whitmarsh) can say what he wants, there is no 'Fernando-Ferrari move'," said a spokesman for the Italian team.

"Things can happen and not happen. But you cannot talk about any Fernando-Ferrari move. We have two drivers with a contract until the end of 2010. We are not under pressure to change anything."

In reality there are some changes probably with Fernando and Ferrari and that frees up the driver market

McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh

Alonso, who denied last month that he had signed a contract with Ferrari, has ducked questions about his future since arriving in Valencia for this weekend's European Grand Prix.

Whitmarsh's remarks were made in an interview with BBC Sport in which he addressed rumours that McLaren will replace Heikki Kovalainen with Nico Rosberg as Lewis Hamilton's team-mate next year.

"At the moment we have not and we are not in conversation with any other drivers and we will see in the future in reality there are some changes probably with Fernando and Ferrari and that frees up the driver market," he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8214450.stm

Last edited:
Is that the most fines ever in a race? Doesn't the car have automatic speed reducing things?

According to James Allen he received four fines, not three. :|:lol:

EDIT: Yup, Lee McKenzie also confirms it was four :lol:

Last edited:
I've been away for a few days and wasn't able to watch the practices, just the highlights... The Alonso-Heidfeld collision was a bit silly, luckily the BMW didn't roll over.

Badoer fined 4 times :lol:

Tomorrow will be interesting, Brawn definetely seems faster than at the last couple of races, the McLarens are there too, Red Bull will be fast surely, and maybe Alonso wants another front-row start with a light car.

Vettel should take his 9th engine now, and the corresponding penalty, if that is possible. Realistically the Red Bull is only the 6th fastest car behind the Brawns, McMercs and Alonso, so there is little to gain. Later races he will have a better chance of scoring major points so won't want the 10 places penalty then.

The BBC guys are wearing the same jeans and belt... as well as similarly coloured shirts.

BBC commentary box has no power - lol?

Any working streams for qualify?

edit: Never mind, it appears the above ustream is working again.

Last edited:
Q was interesting. Grosjean did surprisingly well for his first F1 (technically not true, but....) outing.

Does this show Piquet's raw lack of talent or did Flavio finally start sharing parts between the cars equally?

Wow? No new posts? Hamilton on pole and looking to see his second victory in 2 races, pitting at the end of quali means he might just have that vital lap or two of fuel that puts him on the top spot.

Well done by Heikki too, He flew until he messed up that last corner, which i know form sims is difficult to get the approach quite right (i always thought i took the final turn too slowly until i saw the real f1 guys do it today)

Weights
Code:
[b]Grid Number Car                  Driver               Weight [kg][/b]
1    1      McLaren Mercedes     Lewis Hamilton       653
2    2      McLaren Mercedes     Heikki Kovalainen    655
3    23     Brawn Mercedes       Rubens Barrichello   662.5
4    15     RBR Renault          Sebastian Vettel     654
5    22     Brawn Mercedes       Jenson Button        661.5
6    4      Ferrari              Kimi R?ikk?nen       661.5
7    16     Williams Toyota      Nico Rosberg         665
8    7      Renault              Fernando Alonso      656.5
9    14     RBR Renault          Mark Webber          664.5
10   5      BMW Sauber           Robert Kubica        657.5
11   6      BMW Sauber           Nick Heidfeld        677.0*
12   20     Force India Mercedes Adrian Sutil         672.5*
13   10     Toyota               Timo Glock           694.7*
14   8      Renault              Romain Grosjean      677.7*
15   12     STR Ferrari          S?bastien Buemi      688.5*
16   21     Force India Mercedes Giancarlo Fisichella 692.5*
17   17     Williams Toyota      Kazuki Nakajima      702.0*
18   9      Toyota               Jarno Trulli         707.3*
19   11     STR Ferrari          Jaime Alguersuari    678.5*
20   3      Ferrari              Luca Badoer          690.5*

Last edited:
Jenson is heavier than Vettel so he might be able to get passed him and increase the lead from the Red Bulls but Barricheloo looking mighty strong being so heavy yet so quick. I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least take Kova down.

hmmm, I hope Barrichello can do something good with this :)
but Raikkonen will for sure make a very good start, well, I think Rosberg can make a good race again, and button to... but Hamilton winning is a good guess.
the race will be boring for sure, but... I will drink some coffee and resist bravely!

Badoer... dear god.. I was sure he would be slow, but 1.5s slower than alguersuari the 19th!?!
they need another driver for the next race... seeing a ferrari like this is to strange.

Jenson is heavier than Vettel so he might be able to get passed him and increase the lead from the Red Bulls but Barricheloo looking mighty strong being so heavy yet so quick. I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least take Kova down.
Are you betting against KERS? very brave...

Hamilton's position is very strong, Kova won't be a threat, KERS will help the McLarens and their cars are not that much lighter....
Brawn better than recently, probably it has something to do with the higher temperatures. I think Button can finish ahead of Vettel, and Webber won't be able to do much from there...

I hope Raikkonen drinks some vodka before the race, pours some in the gas tank and into the KERS batteries and goes like the clappers to the first corner overtaking everyone infront to win the race..

That would be so epic to watch :D