2009 F1 Car Launches

F60:

I think it looks pretty brilliant all things considered. This car definitely looks like its out for some McLaren blood.

What the hell happened to Massa's face?

Probably some kind of debilitating fungus. I hope the doctors can cure him before the start of the season.

I am disappointed with the look of 2009 f1 cars. They look way too ugly..like lawnmover..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4SAXSJ5HV8[/YOUTUBE]
Looks great from the onboard... :p

The looks are already starting to grow on me, actually. A bit of MySpace angles and:

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2009/01/12/diapo_111.jpg

Last edited:
That's not Felipe Massa. That's Felipe Massa's evil twin.

It looks like he's running intermediate tires

Still can't get used to the look of that back wing...

thanks for the video. I like it - it looks pretty good. im even getting used to the rear wing.

those mirrors are pretty amusing - they really don't care if the drivers can see or not..

tbh the ferrari drivers can probably actually see more in those mirrors compared to last years, even if they do look like complete aero attachments.

Q: Apart from the development, how will the car change from now until the first Grand Prix in Australia? Is McLaren's advantage, due to the MES (standardised ECU), gone? Isn't it a contradiction in terms to talk about the importance of the Fridays and the engine management with a limited mileage?
NT: The F60 will be very much overhauled for the first GP. Also because this year will be dominated by the team which will be able to develop the fastest, we want to resolve all the issues as far as the mechanics and the reliability are concerned. We also want to maximise the aerodynamic development. I can confirm that also visibly the car will be really different at the first race.

I suspect this may be the same for all the cars due to the limited time they have to get used to the new rules.
These official launches just for traditions sake and then Austrlia grand prix for what you will most likely see for the rest of the season.

Not only that, but for film being released to the public using the intermeds removes any relevance of the footage as an indicator of the performance of the car for the other teams.
That's very wise, indeed. But can't the other teams just extrapolate the speeds and do a good estimate?

Q: Apart from the development, how will the car change from now until the first Grand Prix in Australia? Is McLaren's advantage, due to the MES (standardised ECU), gone? Isn't it a contradiction in terms to talk about the importance of the Fridays and the engine management with a limited mileage?
NT: The F60 will be very much overhauled for the first GP. Also because this year will be dominated by the team which will be able to develop the fastest, we want to resolve all the issues as far as the mechanics and the reliability are concerned. We also want to maximise the aerodynamic development. I can confirm that also visibly the car will be really different at the first race.

I suspect this may be the same for all the cars due to the limited time they have to get used to the new rules.
These official launches just for traditions sake and then Austrlia grand prix for what you will most likely see for the rest of the season.
But, that doesn't change the fact that the general shape of the rear wings will be like that.