2009 F1 Car Launches

Dont you guys think that with this, F1 is getting somewhat nerved ?

I mean give the F3/GP2 car the 2.4L V8 and theres no bet it wont go faster than this.

Its supposed to be the world's most prestigious motor racing series FFS.

Dont you guys think that with this, F1 is getting somewhat nerved ?

I mean give the F3/GP2 car the 2.4L V8 and theres no bet it wont go faster than this.

Its supposed to be the world's most prestigious motor racing series FFS.

Not at all. It's just to spice up the show. And the governing body has ALWAYS brought out rules for cutting cornering speeds, and ALWAYS the engineers went around them and eventually reclaimed the lost grip and lost speed.

Still, I dont see the fastest lap records being overwritten by older cars (think JP Montoya and such) on older tracks, those with history.

Next season should be a front wing grinding mania, I think.

Lap records will not tumble. At least for the next 10 years. Because there's always a technological drive to make F1 cars go a bit slower and a bit slower and a bit slower, so that the spectators can still see them.

I like the rear wing. Reminds me of the late 80's...

hi-mpl340001341c.jpg

1988 Mclaren MP4/4

Senna won his first WDC with that car. Yeah, like the new rear wing just fine.

Toyota to present TF109 in exclusive screening

14 January 2009

Instead of inviting the team's sponsors and media Toyota Racing will present its 2009 contender, the TF109, with an exclusive world premiere on Thursday around noon. At 12.00 CET fans from all over the world will be the first to see the team's new car with an exclusive screening on www.tf109-premiere.com

In the past, pre-season events showcased a new car in front of the world's media but Panasonic Toyota Racing is moving with the times, embracing the need to be cost conscious while being increasingly open to Formula 1's millions of fans.

Panasonic Toyota Racing President John Howett commented on the team's special way of launching its new car: "The environment in Formula 1 has changed and continues to change. Panasonic Toyota Racing is committed to reducing the cost of Formula 1 while retaining its essential DNA but we are also constantly evolving in other ways, and one of our priorities is to share our passion for motorsport with the public.

"Formula 1 enjoys the loyal and enthusiastic support of millions of people throughout the world and we cannot forget that these fans are the lifeblood of our sport. This year we feel it is important to allow fans to share the excitement of a new car premiere, especially when the new rules for 2009 have created such a sense of anticipation.

"This is a significant time for our sport and I firmly believe they will see a strong and vibrant Formula 1 emerge this season, starting with the premiere of the TF109 on www.tf109-premiere.com."

Source

Anyone else think of mclaren was the first to release their car and tried that mirror aero trick they would be banned from F1 for a year, slapped with a 500,000 fine, and ron dennis would get 100 lashes in the public square?

No, probably that bad.