2009 Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix

MOTORLOON1993

Official thread of the 2009 chinese grand prix.
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mo/motorloon1993/2009/04/06/00000.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mo/motorloon1993/2009/04/06/xin_240901241144084212696.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mo/motorloon1993/2009/04/06/83342955.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mo/motorloon1993/2009/04/06/china_start_shang_07_daim_2.jpg

Fri 17 April 2009
Friday Practice 1 10:00 - 11:30
Friday Practice 2 14:00 - 15:30
Sat 18 April 2009
Saturday Practice 11:00 - 12:00
Qualifying 14:00
Sun 19 April 2009
Race 15:00

Number of Laps: 56
Circuit Length: 5.451 km
Race Distance: 305.066 km
Lap Record: 1:32.238 - M Schumacher (2004)

Hold it, hold it, hold it. Devon's doing the race threads 10 days before the race. I did it last week because he asked me, since he was in Melbourne at the GP.

:dancinglock:

Be patient and wait.

Last edited:
Lol, how many times has a new person decided they should start doing race threads? This must be the 4th time :p

Capitalization would make it more official....

Capitalization would make it more official....

haha I thought something looked wrong with the Thread title!

"2009 Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix " jumped the gun.

I like the Track Map though!!

Sorry just thought if I made it no else would have to, less work for you and I didnt know of any agreement. Agian sorry.:| :lock:

Hold it, hold it, hold it. Devon's doing the race threads 10 days before the race. I did it last week because he asked me, since he was in Melbourne at the GP.

:dancinglock:

Be patient and wait.

This thread is perfectly fine, there is no point locking it. Just use this one. Devon can still add his questions in later on.

Does it matter if this becomes the Officially Official to maintain Officialness Chinese F1 GP Thread?

Dunno man, we better look into it before we get penalized by the FIA.

DaHitch: Have you discussed with the rest of finalgear the creation of the official Chinese race thread!?!

If your answer is 'yes', you shall be penalized for being an accomplice to the creation of this thread.

If your answer is 'no' you will be penalized for misleading the mods.

However if you are a member of the Tifosi you get to choose which members of this thread are punished and get +1000 rep yourself.

Motorloon,

YOU get a can of COKE and a Magnum ice cream stick courtesy of me.

Just tell me when you pop by for the Singapore GP.

Let me just check in with Dave Ryan on what to say and I'll get back to you. :)

I can't see it...! I need my white visor NOW! *stamps feet*

------------------------------------------------------

Hehehee.. That track is so curly

zephyrus, baby... stay cool, Rob will bring you your visor along with your bottle.

no capital letters? and where are the questions?

why on Earth are we getting random ppl starting different F1 threads?

no capital letters? and where are the questions?

why on Earth are we getting random ppl starting different F1 threads?

(In best Flavio voice)
Because the rules are not clear. And certain members have interesting interpretations of the rules. We must take this before the mod committee.

Last edited:
I demand the right to hold my own special thread to clear up my position in regards to being misled by my posting director and being a team forum player!

+reps to all, thread of the year!

MOTORLOON1993 tabled forum rules 'fix' last year

Other members rejected an offer from MOTORLOON1993 to adhere to the technical regulations 12 months ago, and head off the possibility of random people starting race threads being adopted.

While the row over who-started-it continues to overshadow the thread, ahead of a hearing of the FG's International Court of Appeal in April, MOTORLOON1993 has revealed that at a meeting of technical directors a long time ago, he proposed modifying the rules to ensure that proper limits were introduced on areas other members could exploit.

"A long time ago that was offered," said MOTORLOON1993, when asked by everyone about the matter.

"If I'm frank I didn't say 'look I am going to do this thread if you don't accept this rule' because I'm not going to tell people what I'm planning on doing, but I explained that I felt that we should have a different set of rules to simplify what needs to be done.

"I offered them and they were rejected, so my conscience is very clear. And those rules that I put on the table would have stopped a lot of threads. It would have stopped this thread, it would have stopped all those spam around the front, and it would have cleaned the forum up.

"Because it was clear that when we started to work on the regulations that there were things that you could do, and we needed to perhaps clean them up, but nobody was interested. They are interested now. Those wankers."

MOTORLOON1993 has been protested, at the opening a single thread for the Chinese GP that other members do not believe are legal. The moderators at both the Australian and Malaysian Grands Prix threads, however, have stated that they do not believe the thread format is within the regulations.

Despite what happened with the offer to change the rules last year, MOTORLOON1993 says he has not been frustrated by the protests, although he has expressed some disappointment at critical comments aimed his way by vikiradTG2007.

"I don't like some of the comments some of the other members are making but they are uneducated and uninformed so if they looked at the facts then they would realise that," he said.

"But I have always tried to wear two hats. One is what is good for Formula 1 and I wear that hat for a certain period, then I take that hat off and I wear the 'what's good for my evil intent' one be it Final Gear or whoever it is.

"For sure there are periods when I am very happy to say what is good for the forum and that is the period a year to 18 months before you start doing a thread. What's the best thing to do?

"When we get in to designing the thread and actually creating it, you can't go back then and say 'oh we have found this great new feature I had better stop it', its a different hat you have to wear.

"And everybody in FG I hope does that. When there is plenty of time you try and get the rules in the best shape you can, and when the rules are decided you have to go flat out in producing the best thread you can within those regulations."
:D

(Original here: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74282)

Last edited: