2009 Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix

all to do with latest crashes but its not like they didnt know flying objects can hit drivers before. Idiotic verdict, fine would do or 5 place grid drop.

Rightly so, i find it a bit strange that renault gets punished for this, where no one got hurt, and brawn is getting away with flying parts who almost killed someone.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i find it strange.

You are wrong. Brown couldn't konw that the spring would come off, whil Reanult apparently did. They knew that the wheel isn't screwed correctly and you don't have to be genius to know that unscrewed wheel comes off at 100mph+

Moreover they didn't even notify Alonso about that, who complained to them about puncture.

all to do with latest crashes but its not like they didnt know flying objects can hit drivers before. Idiotic verdict, fine would do or 5 place grid drop.

This was nothing more than a human error. I don't think the pit team knew the wheel was loose.
There is absolutely no need for a punishment of any kind!
The. End.

Last edited:
I'm so pissed because of what the stewards are doing..
1. They sead that events surrounding Kimi will be investigated but then notihng happened and that immediately fired up the fanboys on other forums flaming about Ferrari paying off FIA...idiots.

2.The Renault punishment did the same, infuriated me further.

3. Do they have to stick their nose ito everything these days??? What idiots make together the team of stewards? Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles? Cause you need so be blind as a bat to not see that we are seeing racing incidents..jackasses..

Really pisses me off..when we get a new FIA chairman, I hope these things stop happening...

Ohh I haven't done this in a while. I thought the race was quite eventful, sucks for Renault that they lost out because of a mistake in the pits. I really hope Brawn GP pick up there game again as I would love to see them win the championship tho seeing Red Bull win would also be good. Looking at the points I think two drivers will get replaced over the 4 week break, Piquet and Nakajima will probably get replaced.

This was nothing more than a human error. I don't think the pit team knew the wheel was loose.
There is absolutely no need for a punishment of any kind!
The. End.

I dont know about doing nothing, after all Vettel got a penalty for driving on 3 wheels in Australia as it was quite dangerous. Alonso should have at least stopped where it was safe.

I dont know about doing nothing, after all Vettel got a penalty for driving on 3 wheels in Australia as it was quite dangerous. Alonso should have at least stopped where it was safe.

Wrong.
These incidents are just normal racing incidents that happen. Nothing more. From Australia to Germany and Webber getting a drive through penalty all the way to this Renault incident.

It is BULLSHIT!

Renault will appeal, maybe get a fine instead and everyone will kiss and make up.

I think this is media management by Bernie.
Last week the Henry Surtees fatal accident, yesterday Filipe has a serious accident and today Alonso?s front wheel comes off live on worldwide TV. (The general public don?t care that the first accident was GP2.)

F1 needed to change the tabloid news focus from this:

?.. oh, my god, F1 is really dangerous, this must be because of all this cost cutting and political arguments, lets stop it now immediately, etc ?..?

To this:
? Renault banned from next race ..?

Once the news cycle has moved on, things will be back to normal. :|

"Hopefully Brawns reign have come to an end.. "

I sure as hell hope not. I really dont want to see another Ferrari/McLaren battle this year. Its nice seeing other teams on top for once.

^Not if you are a Ferrari-fan! :p

I'm so pissed because of what the stewards are doing..
1. They sead that events surrounding Kimi will be investigated but then notihng happened and that immediately fired up the fanboys on other forums flaming about Ferrari paying off FIA...idiots.

2.The Renault punishment did the same, infuriated me further.

Without wanting to fuel the fire, it is at the very least odd that Webber was punished -during the race-, whereas Kimi basically gets off the hook for pretty much the same type of incident. I don't mean to say that Kimi should have been penalised, but neither should Webber have been. It just demonstrates that the Steward's decisions are far from consistent.

I also find it odd that the Stewards are coming down so hard on Renault even though Brawn had pieces flying off the car as well. I realise the Surtees-incident has a lot to do with this, but it just seems extremely harsh.
Has there been any word on the Stewards doing any kind of investigation on what happened to Rubens' car & how it happened?

Again, I don't mean to imply the Stewards are biased, but they are very inconsistent with their decisions.

They are idiots..to be brutally honest..

And in Kimis case I'm almost sure that there was no contact..where as Webber did make contact..and they probably didn't want to ruine his result..as much as that sounds biased..maybe someone will understand me..

No contact? He was practically pinballing between cars! It seems at the very least like he ruined vettels race. Too much time around the vodka rig before the race perhaps?

They said right away that it would be investigated, and in my head i said "And because its ferrari, nothing will happen". Lo and behold! Nothing will happen. I still havent forgotten their blatent corner cutting at monaco. They said they were getting warning after warning, and i said than too "Nothing will happen". Sure the rules apply to ferrari, but if the eye they turn isnt blind, its old and fuzzy.

Last edited:
Regardless of the decision (I don't think Kimi did that bad, given he was squeezed and had nowhere to go), it seems really odd that it was saved until after the race for investigation. This wasn't an incident late in the race, it was at turn 1. Last race Webber's incident was investigated virtually immediately, so why was this one saved until after the race?

As for the Ted Kravitz Twitter trend, I love this one:
KERS stands for: Kravitz; Everyone's Really Scared.

Formula 1 management: Ruining formula 1 one day at a time.

Suspending Renault from competing in the next race is beyond insane.

Just about Kimi's non-penalty. It was totally different to Mark last week. If you cant see that you are a one-eyed idiot. I thought usually investigations after the race are for fines or for +30 second penalty.

McLaren are back baby:D But for how long? A lot of bloody hard work into that win so I am very proud.
Kimi coming second was the next best thing :D And Mark finishing 3rd was even better!

Remember this isnt the first time there has been wheel trouble for Alonso and also at this track.
Alonso crashed a few years ago before going to McLaren because of a loose wheel nut that caused him to spear into the tyre barriers at turn 2. Also this has happened to Alonso at Silverstone when racing for Minardi when his front tyre (cant remember which side) came off coming to the end of the lap.

Barichello had a suspension failure when he was at Ferrari and one of his wheels came off while he was going down the front straight.

Formula 1 management: Ruining formula 1 one day at a time.

Suspending Renault from competing in the next race is beyond insane.

Last team to be disallowed from racing at the next event (s) was BAR when the issue of their weight of their cars was brought up.

Looks like Nelsinho won't be racing at the next event regardless :)

Last edited:
LOL. I completely forgot about the race, was out at some random person's party out in the sticks last night. (2 hours of sleep FTW!!)

Kinda glad I did. What a bloody farce! :thumbsdown:

I thought the GP was Ok :blink:

1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?

Hamilton,Raikkonen

Dude its 2009!

One can always dream, neh?

So where are your predictions?

Hamilton

Fast car at Monaco. Similar sort of track. (Well.) Lots of development from last race and unlucky what happened to him at the start.

Raikkonen

Same Monaco thing and Ferrari on the podium last race and Kimi on podium at Monaco. No doubt some new flashy parts for next race and Kimi does alright around this track :)

Not that farfetched mate!

Ahhhhhh. Satisfying :):D Almost got it right but old AnGuRuSO didnt think I was even close :) Get that one into you :)

Rest of my Predictions:

2) Jaime Alguersuari has replaced Bourdais at Toro Rosso, where will he finish on his debut?

Will wait to answer this.

Wrong. Didnt answer but i would have said last and would have been wrong anyway.

3) Can Sutil make it into Q3 again?

Of course he can.

Wrong. Massive FAIL.

4) Are Brawn favouring Button over Barichello?

Not yet.

Well who knows that. Might be different next round.

5) Will Alonso be driving a Ferrari in 2010?

No

Might be able to find out in Italy.

6) The WDC standings are Vettel (2nd-47pts), Webber (3rd-45.5pts) and Barrichello (4th-44pts), what will be there positions after the Hungarian GP?

Webber, Vettel, Barichello

Correct! Bang on.

7) Will Mosley stand for re-election in October for the FIA Presidency?

Yes and Ari will win.

Lets hope Ari does win :)