2009 Italian Formula 1 Grand Prix

I bet Fisi will go to Ferrari and Sutil will win the race :p

utter bollocks, no ways Ferrari would employ Fisi to drive for a few races and then release him with into the public all the vital information on the F60.

^A part of deal would evidently be that he becomes their test driver after the season.

So he wouldn't be released into the public.

utter bollocks, no ways Ferrari would employ Fisi to drive for a few races and then release him with into the public all the vital information on the F60.

It is called an NDA. Problem solved.

It is called an NDA. Problem solved.
But it just doesn't work, and I think it's hardly the problem anyway. There hardly is much trade secrets in F1 these days.

I just can't see how any driver on the grid would be under a contract allowing him to not race for his team if he is physically able to do so. Not even to mention racing for a competitor. It would at least come with a hefty contract infringement fine and possibly would end the whole contract with another fine.

I just don't see Fisi racing for Ferrari, and don't even want to. Of course, all things can be negotiated but I don't think Fisi would be worth that much for the red team. They got plenty of other options.

Questions:
1) Who will take pole and win the race?
2) Who will be driving for Ferrari in Monza?
3) Will Jenson Button score in this race? Where will he finish?
4) Spa saw Toyota, BMW, and Force India bounce back as contenders for victory. Will they repeat the same challenge here?
5) How much of an advantage will KERS play in this race?
6) Out of the 4 contenders for the championship, who will score the most in this race?
7) Will we see rain again like last year?

1. Trulli/Fisi pole - Raikonnen win
2. Fisichella IMO
3. Yes. 6th.
4. I think so. We'd have more competition instead of just Red Bull/Brawn.
5. Very much. Kimi won at Spa because of KERS.
6. Webber.
7. Hope not.

Last edited:
1) Who will take pole and win the race? No idea. Just no idea.
2) Who will be driving for Ferrari in Monza? Kimi. Oh, you mean the other one? Either Fisi or Bianchi, can't tell. Before the Hungarian GP I would have said that bringing up a driver from F3 with a testing ban is nonsense, but after Alguersuari, I believe anything.
3) Will Jenson Button score in this race? Where will he finish? He'll finish 4th
4) Spa saw Toyota, BMW, and Force India bounce back as contenders for victory. Will they repeat the same challenge here? Force India will be the strongest of the three, another podium finish is possible
5) How much of an advantage will KERS play in this race? It will be a big advantage
6) Out of the 4 contenders for the championship, who will score the most in this race? Vettel
7) Will we see rain again like last year? No

Kimi in his Ferrari.

Raikkonen and rookie from F3.

6th.

4) Spa saw Toyota, BMW, and Force India bounce back as contenders for victory. Will they repeat the same challenge here?

One India car will be in top 4, one of BMW's will make it in top 8.

0.5/0.6 in Quali, about 0.3/0.4 per lap in a race.

6) Out of the 4 contenders for the championship, who will score the most in this race?

Weber, who will take 3rd.

No we won't.

All in all i see all KERS cars have a considerable advantage, more for Ferrari as Mclaren's KERS seems to work somewhat differently, - cannot be applied in the mid/exit of fast corners, while Ferrari's can and that's where 0.5s advantage is. Just for the sake of keeping the intrigue alive Button's contenders will have to continue chipping away his advantage, while Force India with it's good straight line performance should make it on the podium or in high points behind top KERS cars and Red Bulls. Than again i am sure 2nd Ferrari driver as well as Kovi won't be fighting for podium, one of Red Bulls and Brawns will be subject to some mechanical problems or whatnot, so the final fight will be between Kimi, Lewis, one of Red Bulls and a Force India driver, although i doubt Sutil or Licuci have it in them.

Last edited:
Questions:
1) Who will take pole and win the race? Kimi, Kimi
2) Who will be driving for Ferrari in Monza? No Clue
3) Will Jenson Button score in this race? Where will he finish? No. He will be 10th.
4) Spa saw Toyota, BMW, and Force India bounce back as contenders for victory. Will they repeat the same challenge here? Yes.
5) How much of an advantage will KERS play in this race? A pretty good advantage.
6) Out of the 4 contenders for the championship, who will score the most in this race? Vettel
7) Will we see rain again like last year? No.

I'd like to alter my answer to this question:

Huge. If you calculate the moment when to push the button, you can have an uninterrupted 12-second boost down the main straight.

I'd like to alter my answer to this question:

Huge. If you calculate the moment when to push the button, you can have an uninterrupted 12-second boost down the main straight.

No one would do that though. By the end you would have too much drag for KERS to make any difference. KERS will be used out of the parabolica for about 2 seconds, but that's all. Then it will be used out of the Lesmo 2, and out of the chicane before the parabolica. Still, the advantage will be huge.

1) Who will take pole and win the race? Vettel, Hamilton
2) Who will be driving for Ferrari in Monza? One of their other test drivers, Gene maybe? What about the guy Eddie Jordan mentioned during the BBC broadcast?
3) Will Jenson Button score in this race? Where will he finish? 5th
4) Spa saw Toyota, BMW, and Force India bounce back as contenders for victory. Will they repeat the same challenge here? Not likely, but it would be fun if Force India did well again.
5) How much of an advantage will KERS play in this race? Long straights = lots of overtaking, no? So yes!
7) Will we see rain again like last year? Let's hope so, it makes the race more interesting.

No one would do that though. By the end you would have too much drag for KERS to make any difference. KERS will be used out of the parabolica for about 2 seconds, but that's all. Then it will be used out of the Lesmo 2, and out of the chicane before the parabolica. Still, the advantage will be huge.

If you can restrict it over the rest of the lap and punch it out of Parabolica, your 6 seconds of KERS end as you cross the start-finish line. And you instantly get another 6 seconds of KERS availability. You would need a balanced power curve and a longer 7th gear, though, but the approach to the first chicane is the absolute top speed point on this track.

If you can restrict it over the rest of the lap and punch it out of Parabolica, your 6 seconds of KERS end as you cross the start-finish line. And you instantly get another 6 seconds of KERS availability. You would need a balanced power curve and a longer 7th gear, though, but the approach to the first chicane is the absolute top speed point on this track.

Which is why Hamilton said, that KERS advantage would be maximized on Quali, not the raice - estimated 0.5-0.6/s.

Yeah, I get that, but I'm saying teams use KERS as an acceleration aid, because at more than 160mph an extra 80bhp doesn't do a lot, as it is wasted on air resistance.

Yeah, I get that, but I'm saying teams use KERS as an acceleration aid, because at more than 160mph an extra 80bhp doesn't do a lot, as it is wasted on air resistance.

An extra 80bhp can mean a 7th gear that is longer by just a short amount, maybe only bringing in some 7-8 kph. But better acceleration, coupled with those 7-8 extra kph at the top end, will mean the difference between a succesful and a failed passing move into the first chicane.

Raikkonen, Hamilton

Raikkonen and Gen?.

He'll score, but come in 4th behind the Red Bull that doesn't suffer an engine failure. Spa will have been a jolt for him.

Possibly.

The magic boooooost button will win it for either Hamilton or Raikkonen.

Webber

I'm going to go out on a limb and say maybe.

An extra 80bhp can mean a 7th gear that is longer by just a short amount, maybe only bringing in some 7-8 kph. But better acceleration, coupled with those 7-8 extra kph at the top end, will mean the difference between a succesful and a failed passing move into the first chicane.

We'll see, but I would put my money on nobody using KERS after the start line in qualifying.

Those of you, who did or want to write that Kimi will get the pole, better not, since we've seen so far that the F60 sucks in qualy..better put him down for victory, if anything. It would be magnificent though if he could pull another one..=)