2009 Italian Formula 1 Grand Prix

I swear, the last time they showed Lewis running normally, I said ''Bin it, so Kimi makes it 4 in a row''. On my heart, just after that, I see a silver car and a yellow helmet all broken. It was shocking :D

Oh and that ''never give up attitude''. Kimi has it also..and he shows it even more.

I was also so annoyed, since none of the commentators noticed that one of the mechanics broke off Sutils mirror. :rolleyes:

I swear, the last time they showed Lewis running normally, I said ''Bin it, so Kimi makes it 4 in a row''. On my heart, just after that, I see a silver car and a yellow helmet all broken. It was shocking :D

And you know what? On the final lap I heard Lewis was pushing like hell and is now only a second behind Jenson I thought "please don't bin it." And I swear, on that very moment, he binned it.

I think between you and me, through some otherworldly powers of clairvoyance or pheromones that managed to reach all the way to Italy, we just got Kimi another podium.:lol:

Not to be misunderstood, I'm not firing up any hatren towards Hamilton, it was just so bizzare when that happened..maybe I can use this power again in the future :p

Sutil's slide-into-the-box pitstop was great!

Really great race overall, it was pretty much interesting and exciting all the way for me. :thumbup:

Oh, and one of my personal highlights: Liuzzi. When he was interviewed before the race he even used the obligatory "for sure"! :lol: No wonder he fits right back into F1. :D

On reflection, this was certainly in the top 3 races of the season, if not the best. It had me excited all the way through. And I can imagine that for non-McLaren fans the crash and the end was exciting too, as it got Kimi a surprise podium.

Apparently Lewis was crying after the shunt (a friend who was in the paddock saw). I can believe it, but I really think he doesn't realise his fans aren't upset with him. He drove like we love him to drive, and he just took it a little too far. He's not fighting for the cha;pionship, so this is what he should be doing. Just imagine if he hadn't made the mistake, he would have done an epic move at the parabolica...

Fantastic race. I was dissapointed when kimi went to the right during the start. But I don't think Ferrari had the pace to compete against the Maclarens.

Why is Kimi suddenly fighting like it is 2003 again and why is this not allways the Kimi behind the wheel??

Woah, pole position this year was taken with a time that was about 12seconds faster than last year. :) Amazing really.

Last edited:
Still 4 seconds slower than 2004. 3 if you count the quickest lap in quali which was JB's Q2 1:22.995.

It rained at Monza for Qualy and the race last year, hence the 12 seconds faster

Pretty interesting race, didn't really know which way it would go until Hamilton's second stop. Unfortunately he hadn't done enough in his first stint to take the race, but it wasn't for lack of trying. Unfortunately it was a disappointing end to his race, but you can't really hang him for trying.

Kovalainen on the other hand was a massive disappointment. He was on the same strategy as the Brawns and on paper looked to have it won. He lost ground at the start, which was surprising given that he was equipped with KERS, unlike Sutil and the Brawns. I can't think how he can justify his seat at McLaren any longer. He might be able to put one lap together in qualifying and match Hamilton, but come the race, he's nowhere and McLaren need a guy who can, if not beat Lewis, then at least get close enough to pick up points and take points off guys like Raikkonen, who's fronting the Ferrari effort.

Speaking of Raikkonen, he's been very impressive these last few races, looking more like the guy who fought so tenaciously at McLaren. He doesn't look like he's done with F1 yet, and seems to be making a case for himself, to either be retained by Ferrari (seemingly unlikely), or get picked up by Renault or McLaren. If he keeps this performance up, I'd be more than happy to see him back at McMerc.

Great race from Barrichello as well, flawless execution and had Button well and truly covered. I hope he continues his good form, it'd be great to see him lift the silverware at the end of the season. I think despite his earlier outbursts this season, Brawn would be stupid to replace him. He's more than good enough to keep the seat for another year. Besides, emotional outbursts like the one in Germany only shows just how motivated he is. Surely? :p

Last edited:
Hmmm. Massively disappointed at Kovi's perofrmance BUT... You do have to realise that he was on the hard compund (a big mistake) when allmost everyone else with a one stop strategy were on the softs. It was obvious that he would be in trouble at the start as the others got better use of their tyres in the first laps.

Brawn's are extremely soft on the tyres, hence they had a hope of making it work, but McLaren should really have known better. Kovalainen did drive a consistent and fast race once he was up to speed and the tyres were working.

On reflection, this was certainly in the top 3 races of the season, if not the best. It had me excited all the way through. And I can imagine that for non-McLaren fans the crash and the end was exciting too, as it got Kimi a surprise podium.

Apparently Lewis was crying after the shunt (a friend who was in the paddock saw). I can believe it, but I really think he doesn't realise his fans aren't upset with him. He drove like we love him to drive, and he just took it a little too far. He's not fighting for the cha;pionship, so this is what he should be doing. Just imagine if he hadn't made the mistake, he would have done an epic move at the parabolica...

x2

Quote of the day had to be Sutil's 'Not yet'...
Move of the day was Trulli's rallycross moment.

Is there a vid of Sutil being a playboy? :p

yay!

kimi on the podium : )

so chuffed that he can make 4 in a row.

Got to love Lewis Hamilton! I love his "Never give up, never think things through" attitude. Fuck third place, he was going for the win on the last lap. Love that guy.

Apparently Lewis was crying after the shunt (a friend who was in the paddock saw).

yeah right, he wanted to retain that 3rd place pretty badly. stop making up excuses for a driver error.

Last edited:
People have been calling for Eddie Jordan to get booted off the BBC F1 team. Since he's probably the only one in the team who can just grab and drag people like Schuey and Ross Brawn to the camera, I say NO to that from now on. :lol: His whole demeanor when grabbing Ross today in the pitlane was priceless.