2009 Line-Up Rumour Mill

Just about like that, but with really narrow rear wings... akin to something like... maybe... this?

McLaren_MP4-4.jpg

The narrow rear wing is an illusion. F1 cars were wide as hell until 1992.

Maybe this one will actually fit the new regs and Macca will get it out of retirement... :lol:

I don't know if I'm alone here, but I love the way modern cars look like sculptures. I love alll the little winglets and things. But I do agree that they have to go, we need more overtaking...

you are not alone, i also love the intricate designs of modern f1 cars. however, it is very boring to look at art for 2 hours so lets hope there's exciting racing next year. also dont forget about the KERS system, it will be like a NOS button on a tuner car which should help increase passing as well.

and this is news to me:
from Ferrari?s engine technical director, Gilles Simon

"Next year, with KERS as well as the other rule change allowing the use of an electronic front flap adjuster (on the front wing,) electronics will play a very big role and the common ECU will have to be fully understood in order to operate these new elements successfully,"

could it be? variable downforce!

Sweet, active-aero. As long as it's the front it shouldn't increase speeds to any more dangerous a level, but front tyre wear, and controlling it, could become a bigger issue now.

Sweet, active-aero. As long as it's the front it shouldn't increase speeds to any more dangerous a level, but front tyre wear, and controlling it, could become a bigger issue now.

I think it will most likely be used only on the straights in passing situations where the driver will adjust say to lower the wing to get some more speed to aid an overtaking attempt. IT could also be used to give the car more grip or speed when your alone, but it should be interesting. Although Ferrari and electronics don't really go hand in hand :p

Ferrari + Electronics= Kablamoo sometimes :D

I don't know if I'm alone here, but I love the way modern cars look like sculptures. I love alll the little winglets and things. But I do agree that they have to go, we need more overtaking...
Auto Express once had inside info on what the 2007 cars were supposed to look like. Anyone remember news of a radical new rear wing that would cut out most of the dirty air while still generating downforce? If not, it looked like two much smaller wings, one over each rear wheel. There are pictures somewhere, but they'll take a massive amount of effort to dig out.

According to ITV they're having problems with their KERS as well...but then, who isnt?

BMW & Honda I read or have heard are sharing some data or KERS. I think it's safety devices to prevent what happened at the Jerez test for BMW, but who knows they could be doing much more. Seems Honda has figured it out, and BMW is not far behind. I'm shocked that Toyota has not made gains as far as I know.

Honda
BMW
Williams

Those boys will be ready out of the box the others will play catch up, I wonder will KERS just push the 3 ahead of the rest with the new regs then again they need to produce a good chassis, but I think they will :)

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS!!!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70498

Ferrari extend Raikkonen's contract

By Edd Straw Friday, September 12th 2008, 11:52 GMT

Ferrari have extended reigning world champion Kimi Raikkonen's deal to the end of the 2010 season, ending speculation that Fernando Alonso will be joining the team.

A team statement read: "Ferrari announces that it has extended its agreement with Kimi Raikkonen to the end of the 2010 race season.

"Therefore, the Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro driver line-up remains unchanged for the next two coming seasons."

Raikkonen's teammate, Felipe Massa, signed a deal through to the end of 2010 last year.

That's crazy. I was convinced of Alonso there in 2010...that means Alonso to BMW for me...

Not really that long a shot though... let's see what happens. His comments, again, are pointing towards BMW, but Nick showed that he's still got the speed, so... who knows?

Nick's old well he's getting there.

They show him the door now or later it's the same story and honestly he will not be the guy who will take BMW to glory. Heck Robert might not, but I think Nick's time in f1 is near the end at BMW for sure.

Smart move by Ferrari, it takes away some pressure off Kimi. That is what Kimi really needs right now, if he can stop worrying he can be much more focused.

I would actually like to see Alonso in a BMW, so the competition will be better. I just hope that he doesn't start crying again when a teamate matches his pace.

Yeah, he's had his time in F1 I think...