2009 Malaysian Formula 1 Grand Prix

Would it be possible to get said fire extinguisher going off video?

Yeah, but you'll have to wait for a bit. ;)

What do you mean? When doesn't he crash?

Oh, I knew he'd crash, but just wondering how it happened. I was too engrossed with Raikkonen's incident.

haha the iceman got iced. in the pants. i loved him trying to get out of the car. a "wtf wtf wtf.. coLD -stupid team.." was probably going through his mind.

I caught anthony davidsons broadcast on streaming, and I must say, he's really good. I'd say the best commentary ive heard in a while.

"Iceman got iced" :lol:

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/la/ladora/2009/04/03/d09mal325.jpg

I can just hear him going "WHAT THE HELL MAN!"

I really liked Davidson's commentary too. Very informative but not boring, and he and Croft make a good pairing. The bantering between them is hilarious too!

And piquet... what happpened to him?

As far as I can tell he clipped the inside of turn 6 with his rear tyre while coming out of 5 and just went straight off into the gravel and spun.

And yeah, Davidson was pretty good. I hope they let him take Legards place. :p

Last edited:
Does anybody have the link to the streaming commentary?

As far as I can tell he clipped the inside of turn 13 with his rear tyre while coming out of 12 and just went straight off into the gravel and spun.

And yeah, Davidson was pretty good. I hope they let him take Legards place. :p

Flavio's face was priceless. Like "Oh FFS, why is he even still driving for us?"

Why do I think that both Piquet and Nakajima will get the boot simultaneously?

Maybe not Nakajima (...yet), but Piquet is looking very, very shaky right now.

Does anybody have the link to the streaming commentary?

Here.

Last edited:
about piquet, something in his right front wheel happened, I don't know what, maybe the tyre blown or the brake..

Piquet is really starting to look like he's completely out of his depth. I jokingly predicted the Ferrari shannigans would continue, I didn't expect it to be *that* bad.

Oh, and looks like Williams will be free practice champs again, only to be trounced by Brawn GP when it matters :lol:

And noone protested yet, maybe we get a bit less politics this time round :D

Piquet is really starting to look like he's completely out of his depth. I jokingly predicted the Ferrari shannigans would continue, I didn't expect it to be *that* bad.

Oh, and looks like Williams will be free practice champs again, only to be trounced by Brawn GP when it matters :lol:

And noone protested yet, maybe we get a bit less politics this time round :D

I wonder how long until Bruno Senna takes his seat...

and don't talk too soon with the protests and politics...it's only Friday!

FP2 starting. For the german folk, it's being shown live on DSF. :D

Correction. It starts in 40mins, they currently show the end of FP1 *doh*

Last edited:
"Iceman got iced" :lol:

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/la/ladora/2009/04/03/d09mal325.jpg

I can just hear him going "WHAT THE HELL MAN!"

Just watched that in the FP1 repeat. That really was a WTF!! moment. Especially for the mechanics. Kimmi comes in with the fire extinguisher gone off and his mechanics come with more extinguishers and spray his cockpit some more, just for good measure :lol:

We were too harsh with Piquet though, well I certainly was, they just showed the slow motion of his crash and it was plainly visible that the whole rim of the right front wheel disintegrated :eek: That Renault is a liability. If it really was a brake prob at Melbourne and an exploding rim here, I wouldn't put much confidence in my ride, if I was Piquet *shudder*

Just watched that in the FP1 repeat. That really was a WTF!! moment. Especially for the mechanics. Kimmi comes in with the fire extinguisher gone off and his mechanics come with more extinguishers and spray his cockpit some more, just for good measure :lol:

Exactly! I just rewatched it too and I was going "Wait a minute... a huge fire extinguisher just went off in his car and you're using more extinguishers?!"

Roumours coming up that McLaren has suspended sporting director Dave Ryan :eek: anybody know anything about that one ??

Exactly! I just rewatched it too and I was going "Wait a minute... a huge fire extinguisher just went off in his car and you're using more extinguishers?!"
it was not a fire extunguisher problem, the KERS battery overheated.

it was not a fire extunguisher problem, the KERS battery overheated.

That would make sense. Does anybody know where the battery is located? To me it looked as if the smoke started to come from infront of him, that's why I assumed it was the extinguisher.

Another bit of news, seems like someone admitted guilt :eek:
Dave Ryan suspended

What the fuck man, Ferrari. Christ I've never seen Kimi look so... desperate, almost, in the car. Apparently the fire extinguisher is made of something called Halon? Very dangerous to breathe in.

Halon absorbs oxygen, its what they use on submarines for fire suppression. If your in the same room when the halon goes off, you die.