2009 Malaysian Formula 1 Grand Prix

What they need is huge motherf-ing spotlights that illuminate the area 10 miles around!

these monsoons in asia are really powerful. once during a heavy rainstorm, i was in a pickup truck with heavy stuff loaded on the bed and it still managed to aquaplane on the highway when going over 80km/h. really strange and dangerous at the same time. you can't see anything unless people had their hazard lights on and some people even pull over to the shoulders to wait it out.

so yeah i actually wouldn't want rain in this race, since it's not gonna bring exciting racing - instead it'll bring a red flag. and we'll be watching f1 cars sitting there for half an hour.

Right. So, I've got the crappy little TV with the bunny ears set up in my room ready to go. This means I'll have to put up with the crappy channel 10 free-to-air coverage after 11pm :?, but it does mean I won't keep the rest of the house awake. Thank goodness I'm on uni holidays for two weeks and don't have work until 1pm on Monday afternoon, so I can watch the whole thing! Me = excited. :banana:

Hoping dearly that the race doesn't get red-flagged, however.

any live steaming sites available?

I've learnt not to rely on recording...staying in tonight to watch it live in HD. Hells to the yes.

just been watching the BBC footage and Martin Brundle made me laugh when he was trying to get a look at the diffuser on (Toyota?) car and all the pit people were standing behind it trying to block his view and the camera's view. Noticing they were trying to hide something Martin went and had a closer look even telling one of the pit crew blocking him "hey, its a free world over here." good one Martin, seemed like the pit crew were being a bit ott.

Alonso Train?

Holy crap conditions keep changing!