2009 NCAA Tournament

motogpboy

Car(s)
2006 WRX
Well the Brackets are out and the schools are all spoken for.

Kind of sad to see St. Mary's snubbed as they're a local school to me...

But my current Uni, Cal is the #7 seed in the West and we're playing the #10 seed, Maryland at noon on Thursday.

I'm not sure how we're going to do as we sort of dropped off at the end of the season and went out in the quarters of the Pac-10 tournament.

Anybody here go to a school or went to a school that is in the tournament this year? Would be nice to hear from ya.

I'm pretty excited about this year, will be interesting to see if we have any Cinderellas.

And what are your predictions on who is going to the Final Four and who is going to win it all?

My bracket... yes I have a #7 seed winning it all Binghamton beating duke and Portland state getting to the sweet 16... I wouldn't actually bet money on my bracket.

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/se/seasonone/2009/03/17/ncaa.png

In a "real" bracket I have North Carolina winning, Pitt will eventually run into foul trouble with Blair and they are a pretty "par" team without him and I am not really sold on Uconn and Louisville, they can lose at any time. Oklahoma is the most overrated team in the tourney so it's basically a toss up between Memphis and NC... giving it to NC for depth. The other "top" seeds seem to just be the benefit of the #1 seeds falling apart in their conference finals.

hahahaha I like that bracket :p All except for you picking Maryland over Cal grrrrr... you'll pay for that one.

Yeah I'm not very sold on Louisville either. Especially as the #1 seed overall...you serious.

I think I just picked Maryland because they come from the better conference and I feel bad not picking upsets, sure wouldn't mind a cal win. Actually re-looking at the season I am changing it to Cal, even though they are in a much weaker division I don't like when teams who finish 7th in their conference make the tournament. They already had their shot at the "big upset" win, let St Mary's or Niagra have a shot. Who on Arizona will remember an "upset" win over Utah? It's still a failure season for them, but if Niagra or St Mary's got that win that would be better than a NIT overall win.

I don't really have faith in Louisville winning it all because they lost some "easy" non-conference games but I understand why they were the #1 overall. They won the regular season and the tournament in the hardest conference so that has to say something. Plus the other "power" teams sucked it up big in their conference tournaments. North Carolina got the furthest and they only got to the semi's. Memphis needs to join the big 10/Big East/ACC if they want #1 overall.

Will someone please explain to me why the SEC tourney champs are a 13 seed? Aren't 13's supposed to be easy wins for the 4? Damn. I think UW will beat MSU, but Gonzaga certainly got the easier draw.

I'm going to sit down and do my bracket at some point tomorrow, will post back here when I'm done with it. Feel free everyone to post bracket tourney links!

Tennessee to win it all! :p

Serious bracket discussion can continue now.

Huh what?

Oh I just remembered the last time Cal played Tennessee in football we beat you guys

/football

Continue with the basketball :D

Will someone please explain to me why the SEC tourney champs are a 13 seed? Aren't 13's supposed to be easy wins for the 4? Damn. I think UW will beat MSU, but Gonzaga certainly got the easier draw.

Mississppi St. got a 13th seed because they would not have made the tournament without winning the SEC (automatic bid and all). Speaking of which, I think LSU got jipped with their seed, afterall they were ranked #20 in the country after the regular season was over. That would mathematically equate to a 5th seed, but instead they got stuck with an 8th seed.

My school, UT-Arlington made it to the tourney last year (1st ever!) only to play memphis in the first round <_<. This year they got knocked out in the first round of the southland conference tournament.

He didn't pick Cal over Maryland!??!!

And I voted for the chump!

Big Ten is overrated and the SEC sucks this year, combined with a very underrated PX and a good Zags team. Only one of my elite eight is from the West coast.

Wow Memphis was actually losing with 7 to go, that would have screwed my bracket over. They seem to be getting control now though.

nooooo my school lost NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Great day for basketball, reminded me why I love March madness.

Ok St beat Tennessee on a last second lay-up, Pitt played a close game even though they won by 10 it was a 3 point game with under 3 left, Dayton beat West Virginia, mentioned above AZ beat the utes, Cleveland State beat Wake, Wisconsin beat FL St in OT, and than Siena beat the ohio state in double OT.

If Portland State would have won the day would have officially been legen wait for it .... dary

Fucking WVU. Way to pick the tourney to have a cold streak.

They just didn't have that Greek looking kid this year... what was his name?

Joe Alexander?

Arizona is now in the Sweet 16. So much for not deserving to be here. USC is the only other remaining Pac 10 team.