2009 Subaru Exiga unveiled

dont get the point.. if you want something small get a WRX wagon, or bigger get a legacy wagon, or even bigger the forester.. dont get it. doesnt even look good

It looks like an ugly, enlarged Forester or a prettier version of the upcoming Toyota Venza. Your choice. I suppose thats the whole point, but isn't that supposed to be the Tribeca's job? Besides, an ugly people carrier will only damage Subaru's reputation even further.

Well........(and I hate to say this as I am slight Subby Fan Boy).......at least its in keeping with the Subaru theme.........World Rally Blue in Color........and ugly. Honestly, this further affirms my worry about Subaru getting away from what made them special, that being stylish, affordable cars that offer a well rounded and fun to drive (often very fun to drive in the STI, WRX, and XT/GT variety). Hope that they don't get too far away from what made them what they are today. Its also weird that they are going this way, considering that the Tribeca didn't do very well, and people are getting away from bigger cars like this. It'll probably have the H6 motor in it though, which I am excited to see get developed further.

JH

Hang on, so this means Subaru have two 7-seat crossovers? Wha??

(Though it does look miles better than the Tribeca - though that's faint praise)

dont get the point.. if you want something small get a WRX wagon, or bigger get a legacy wagon, or even bigger the forester.. dont get it. doesnt even look good

Legacy GT wagon got discontinued in the US, FYI.

Well it sounds like I am on my own here, I, er like it - sorry. I need 7 seats, and in a couple of years time I will need to change my Peugeot 406 estate, this will on my list. Now they must offer this with their new diesel and a clever gear box FTW.

Well it sounds like I am on my own here, I, er like it - sorry. I need 7 seats, and in a couple of years time I will need to change my Peugeot 406 estate, this will on my list. Now they must offer this with their new diesel and a clever gear box FTW.

Nothing wrong with liking it - the point of it's existence is questionable when the Tribeca is still lurking around. Kill-off the Tribeca and all's well.

The dealers around here were offering the Tribeca with massive discounts just a while ago (went to see one - now there is an ugly car). I suspect that they are not selling. Trouble is that they are in Land Rover and BMW X3 territory so have problems I suspect. Long story short, Tribeca will be withdrawn from the UK market I should imagine.

I like it. I like it a lot actually. It's a people mover but unlike most of them it has style and looks sporty but not so much that it looks like it's trying too hard.

http://img519.imageshack.**/img519/5057/subaruexiga14lu3.jpg

For a new car, the dash looks clean and uncluttered. As everyone else says, I think this could sell if the Tribeca was killed off. Unlike the Tribeca, this actually looks like a Subaru.

Right hand drive with an auto I see. We usually get the manual. Not sure how family friendly (i.e. gets dirty quickly) that interior is but it looks really nice.

It's quite ugly. And even if I were looking for a 6/7-seater CUV, I wouldn't be looking at Subaru. If I were in this market, I would be looking at the Mazda 5, Kia Rondo, and Dodge Journey (the only CUVs available with 4-cyls in the NA market, I think.)

Also, with that new Toyota Venza, I won't be surprised if Honda made a 6/7-seater CUV. They will sell like hotcakes because with these ridiculous gas prices, people don't want to drive around in big, V6-powered minivans. I think these CUVs are the future minivans. They already exist in Europe, like the Toyota Corolla Verso that has 7 seats and a small, efficient engine.

Car makers of the world: start making 4-cylinder, 7-seat crossovers that have a good mix of space and efficiency for the NA market.