2009 Turkish Formula 1 Grand Prix

Doesn't help when one car just runs away with it this season..I found last year better even though it was a McLaren Ferrari suckfest..

Doesn't help when one car just runs away with it this season..I found last year better even though it was a McLaren Ferrari suckfest..

x2 :(

It was a good race, but I am getting really sick of Button running away at the front...

Vettel nearly had him though, before that stupid mistake. Great scrap between Hamilton and Piquet though, that was really nice to see ;)

Boring boring boring these regs have done nothing really, and the tracks don't help either..

What can I say? Little did people guess, that the man who's rubbish Honda caught fire in the parc ferme in Brazil last year, would have one 6 of the 7 races next year, but I did :p Good to know I wasn't wrong. We can pretty definatively say, that the most important thing in F1 isn't really the driver, or the improvements or any of that kind of stuff, but the designing of the car.

As for the race, I thought it was pretty nice. Had some good action, Rubens vs Heikki, Piquet overtaking Hamilton, Hamilton overtaking Kimi. It was quite an invisible race from Kimi. Nice to see the Toyotas back on form. Thumbs up for Webber, he again had good tactics and drove well, like in Barcelona. Shame for Rubens again with gearbox issues, and Vettel for dropping down 2 places. BMW still aren't up to their level.

What happened to Fizzy Keller? He just parked the car in the pits and retired. Did his motivation run out?

6 out of 7 by Jenson. He will deserve this title.
Good 2nd place for Webber, Vettel was understandably unhappy with his race.
Trulli way behind the Red Bulls, but best of the rest.
4 points for Williams, yay!
Finally, a couple of points for Kubica as well!
Ferrari - disappointing.
Renault - very bad... but I loved Piquet's move on Hamilton!
McLaren is hopeless.
Barrichello, no comment.

What happened to Fizzy Keller? He just parked the car in the pits and retired. Did his motivation run out?

It was some brake issues (they were lacking the proper stopping power) so they decided to pull over before things got worse.

Button won the title today. Rubens was the only one in realistic conditions to theaten him, and retired with a faulty gearbox. Vettel needed the 2nd place, but Webber took it. Congratulations , Button, for the '09 Championship. And congratulations for the other teams and FIA for making rules, circuits and cars that make those races so boring.

It's sad that this season is so boring. I admit I'm jaded by the fact that generally I see the mclarens move backwards rather than forwards during a race, but still.

Also, even though I don't like Button, AT ALL, I can't help but give him credit for the fact that he hasn't put a foot wrong, the whole season, and is making the most of the car he has under him. It sucks that Barrichello can't give him a run for his money, but what can I say.

I still don't like Button, and this domination makes me like him less and less haha (I do like Brawn GP, though).

I'm just hoping RBR can find those few extra tenths that they need to be competitive, otherwise this season is going to be even boring than Schumacher era. :(

THE REAL STIG said:
It was a good race, but I am getting really sick of Button running away at the front...

devil500 said:
Boring boring boring these regs have done nothing really

You guys took the words out of my mouth. These regs haven't done shit, if you compare the race times with those of last season they are more or less identical. If they want to make KERS a success they need to make it last more than 6 seconds per lap, cause so far it was proven to be the most pointless device introduced into F1. KERS has proven to me that to only hurt top tier teams, when it should really be rewarding them.

I was really hoping for Vettel and RBR to steal some of the thunder from Button and Brawn today but, oh well.

This season sucks ass, if I don't see a first place win for either McLaren, Ferrari, BMW or Williams this year I will remember 2009 season as an EPIC FAIL.

Very boring season, absolutely no overtaking. FIA made so many changes to regulations in order to increase overtaking and teams had to change so much on cars wasting millions. Max clearly isnt good at doing his job, why isnt he fired already? Last year we had better races and more enjoyable moments on the track. The cars now may be of similar pace in quali but in the race its proving to be a nightmare to overtake. The only real fun part is the start and first 2 laps, after that its actually boring.

Look at it this way I'm actually going to turn the TV on and watch Na$crap I need a huge dose of overtaking..I can't wait for LeMans.

Last edited:
What happened to the times, when Senna and Schumacher shone in mediocre machinery (Senna, Donington 1993, Schu Barcelona 1996). When Button had mediocre machinery he was absolutely that - utterly mediocre. I refuse to accept him as a champion, he is no championship material. In fact almost none of the current drivers would qualify, its just whining pussies if the car doesn't do all the work for them. Vettel, Kubica and Alonso are the only ones worthy of a title. Rosberg only delivers on Friday, Hamilton throws a tantrum instead of kicking his team in the ass as Senna or the Chin would've done. This is just a effing travesty. Bring on Champ car style spec series, at least then the best driver wins :mad:

What happened to the times, when Senna and Schumacher shone in mediocre machinery (Senna, Donington 1993, Schu Barcelona 1996). When Button had mediocre machinery he was absolutely that - utterly mediocre. I refuse to accept him as a champion, he is no championship material. In fact almost none of the current drivers would qualify, its just whining pussies if the car doesn't do all the work for them. Vettel, Kubica and Alonso are the only ones worthy of a title. Rosberg only delivers on Friday, Hamilton throws a tantrum instead of kicking his team in the ass as Senna or the Chin would've done. This is just a effing travesty. Bring on Champ car style spec series, at least then the best driver wins :mad:

QFT

That's because the drivers don't have much influence anymore. Cars from that era were more difficult to drive. Now all the cars are extremely quick, so if your car has slight under- or oversteer, you helplessly fall back many tenths. The cars should be harder to drive and more evenly matched, so we could really see differences between drivers. It's a cruel fact: The guy with the best car wins

Keep in mind that everyone's car is new. The problem is, that there are still quite big differences between the cars, so it's making overtaking difficult. Last year, when the regulations had been similar for years, the cars were closer to each other in terms of race pace. If you watched Vettel when he was catching up Jenson before his pitstop, he was able to follow him quite easily. I still believe that overtaking and following is easier now, it just looks harder because some people's car is so bloody fast compared to others. If we continue with these regulations, it should be better next year.

So, tell me then, why doesn't Kubica shine in mediocre machinery?

God. What this board must've been like during the 2004 season, if it was around back then? Never seen so much bitching of an F1 season before.

God. What this board must've been like during the 2004 season, if it was around back then? Never seen so much bitching of an F1 season before.

If the season is shit then thats what we'll say. I wish I could admire the overtaking mclarens did but that never happened (

jus watched the highlights, which is just as well really since the race looked hella boring.

good win for button again, im happy to see him winning and i think unless anything major occurs hes a dead cert for the title. unlucky for barrichello tho....always seems to be the nearly man.

anyway pretty uneventful.... these newer tracks are not that interesting really

Very boring season, absolutely no overtaking. FIA made so many changes to regulations in order to increase overtaking and teams had to change so much on cars wasting millions. Max clearly isnt good at doing his job, why isnt he fired already? Last year we had better races and more enjoyable moments on the track. The cars now may be of similar pace in quali but in the race its proving to be a nightmare to overtake. The only real fun part is the start and first 2 laps, after that its actually boring.

For gods sake everyone, three races ago and you wouldn't be saying that. There was plenty of overtaking today.

I do agree however the championship hunt is a little less exciting. I'm missing the Ferrari v Mclaren days already.

Last edited: